Old 04-15-2024, 09:58 AM   #1
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Default Default 7.0 Theme Adjuster v.240415

Installing & Running the script

✅ You must be running Reaper version v7.14 or later.
✅ You must be using the exact version of the Default 7.0 theme in that build.

Yes on both? Excellent, please DOWNLOAD

• Choose Options > Show REAPER resource path in explorer/finder. Extract content of the zip (the 'Default_7.0_theme_adjuster.lua' file AND the 'Default_7.0_theme_adjuster resources' folder) into the 'scripts' folder there.
  • Choose Actions > Show action list. In the bottom right choose New action > Load ReaScript. Choose Default_7.0_theme_adjuster.lua and click Open.
  • In the actions list you'll now see Script: Default_7.0_theme_adjuster.lua. Choose it and click Run, or (while using the theme) go to Options > Themes > Theme Adjuster / Color Controls.

-------------------------
Resetting
Changes you make in the theme adjuster are stored in your 'reaper.themeconfig.ini' file, you can reset them using the 'Reset Theme Adjuster' button in the Global tab. Please do so often, and always when using a new version of the adjuster because development means parameters will be changing.
-------------------------

Changelog

• Visibility Programmer Rework Fix for CVD badness turned into a whole buttons and logic rework so that what the buttons show, and what the ALWAYS column does, better represents what actually happens in Reaper.
  • Show inserts/sends when size permits these preferences now change state of their 'section assignment' [x] buttons in script if you change them within Reaper.
  • The last of the temporary art tick buttons and spinners are now replaced.
  • Tidying up.

This height problem

This is in this version so you can see it, even though its a problem. I've got it working so that changes to the meter height and fader height are shown on the script diagram, which is fun and pleasing. However, its a fixed height area so all the stuff flies out of the top of the diagram, out of the top of your monitor and down the back of your desk. What to do?
  1. Hide elements that don't fit. This is the obvious correct answer, but I think the primary function of this interaction is the dragNdrop reordering, and if things are hidden then they become unavailable for reordering and to be reordering targets. So that seems like prioritising the wrong thing.
  2. Resize the surrounding box. This would break my box flow and be a lot of work, and I believe the result would be a big ungainly annoyance anyway. I don't want to do this.
  3. Remove the new element resizing. Put this back to how it was, with the unrepresentative fixed height fader and meter, though with the fader turning to a knob when minimum height. This is a bummer, but probably what I'm going to do.

If you can think of a good reason why 3) isn't the correct thing to do, I'd love to hear it, thanks!
Old 04-15-2024, 12:32 PM   #2
Triode
Human being with feelings

Hi WT

How about making everything except the volume/meter/input heights visually represented in the diagram.
These have a pixel number to give feedback anyway. Then reordering is fully catered for.

Edit: I guess this is what you mean anyway!
Old 04-15-2024, 12:58 PM   #3
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Yeah, I think what you are saying is indeed what option 3) is.
Old 04-16-2024, 05:14 AM   #4
Edison

Default Default 7.0 Theme Adjuster v.240415

Hello @White Tie

This new Script is wonderful. Even when translated.

Congratulations!
Old 04-16-2024, 06:49 AM   #5
Zeno

Edit:
I would go for option 3.

Resizing elements is a nice looking feature, but it doesn't add any significant functionality.

Last edited by Zeno; 04-16-2024 at 09:25 AM.
Zeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 08:03 AM   #6
splitting_ears

On Windows 11, the interface sometimes becomes blurred when scrolling. The first image is normal, the second is blurry.

And a nitpick about the sliders:
Old 04-16-2024, 10:01 AM   #7
bolgwrad

Niggle: If a mixer channel is set to expand when selected/shrink when unselected, it takes two clicks to arm it (watch trk 17).

Old 04-18-2024, 03:20 PM   #8
thevisi0nary

Inelegant but what about option 1 and just not having visual representation in the adjuster? Or instead of height you adjust the stretch factor for each one if it's not a lot of extra work.
thevisi0nary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 08:45 PM   #9
jliu

There seems to be a typo in the script version number:

I am seeing a bug where, if at least two tracks in a folder (including the folder itself) are record armed, then zoomimg their height in the MCP using Cmd + Mousewheel (for me that's "View: Zoom vertically (MIDI CC relative/mousewheel)) yields weird bouncing. If one or less tracks are armed it's ok though:

Weird stuff is also happening to the first send knob in each track when resizing the MCP:

Are the record arm buttons in that last gif slightly off-center too?

This is on REAPER 7.15 right after resetting the theme adjuster.

EDIT: I went and installed another theme (Reapertips Theme) to see if it behaved differently, but I actually still got the TCP track zooming bug. So perhaps it's a REAPER bug and not a theme bug? Would anyone be able to confirm?

Last edited by jliu; 04-19-2024 at 09:04 PM.
jliu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 01:42 AM   #10
FeedTheCat

Hi WT, was just trying the new mixer settings and noticed that the beginning of text was cropped on my end (but not so in your screenshot).

Apparently I must have checked "Draw vertical text bottom-up" at some point.

Question to you, is this something that can be solved via theming or is it a case of REAPER-works-in-mysterious-ways?

I think my brain prefers bottom-up, but this isn't really usable, so maybe I'll have to rethink what I think.
Old 04-21-2024, 10:54 AM   #11
EpicSounds

this looks so nice now!

This doesn't seem to work for me
Mixer panel section
- if track selected
- [on] Show meter values

can't have selected only with meter values, or unselected on, but selected off.

also little glitch in master section
Old 04-21-2024, 11:59 AM   #12
F1308

Tested for a while...

Don´t you think "record disabled" should be "Record disabled" ?

😀😀😀😀
🎹🎹🎹🎹
F1308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 05:13 AM   #13
smandrap

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1308 View Post
Tested for a while...

😀😀😀😀
🎹🎹🎹🎹
It's auto populated by reaper
Old 04-23-2024, 07:19 AM   #14
F1308

Quote:
Originally Posted by smandrap View Post
It's auto populated by reaper
Nice to know the origin, but don´t you think "record disabled" should be "Record disabled" ?

😀😀😀😀
🎹🎹🎹🎹
F1308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 02:50 PM   #15
KMJoshi

Default Has anyone else seen this glitch?

Hi!
I've never seen this before the latest update. So, I'm assuming it's a new glitch.

I have set Layout 🔼 to a strip size, and the settings are in the screenshot. The faders disappear, and the record arm buttons float over the FX list when I lower the height of the mixer. It gets obvious when you increase the Meter Height parameter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2024-04-25 032745.jpg (214.3 KB, 178 views)
Old 04-27-2024, 04:57 AM   #16
Holzwurm

Regarding sections assignments:
With Effects Inserts and Track Sends assigned to bottom section (Pic 1, blue circle),

1. The Max Width Parameters seem to be not applied (yellow arrows)
2. shouldn't the sends list be shown in the 2nd bottom section (orange arrows)?
3. Aren't the Effects Inserts Buttons supposed to arrange in columns and rows (yellow circles). They do (Pic 2), but a lot of space is left unutilized, possibly this is related to 1.

Sorry if these are errors or ignorance on my part, but maybe it helps, or somebody can tell me what I'm missing.

Pic 1

Pic 2
Holzwurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 06:14 AM   #17
lolol

Very beautiful.

a question.
On routing button is written "route", cause of this word we can't see the color, and so we can't see information about routing.
Is it possible to hide it or to have an option hide/show ?

Thank you
Old 05-04-2024, 10:22 PM   #18
foxAsteria

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Tie View Post
[*] Hide elements that don't fit. This is the obvious correct answer, but I think the primary function of this interaction is the dragNdrop reordering, and if things are hidden then they become unavailable for reordering and to be reordering targets. So that seems like prioritising the wrong thing.
They should pop into an "unassigned elements" section when hiding them like they do in TCP section assignments. And it sure would be nice if we could hide all the elements.
Old 05-05-2024, 04:26 AM   #19
Dubnick

Default Will there ever be control over MCP fader level and peak level value display size?

I find the fader level display font size in the MCP to be unreadably small.

The peak level display on the MCP is slighly better and I appreciate the improved ability to see the full readout, where it used to get cut off, but can we please, please, please get adjustability in the font sizes in more areas like the MCP fader and peak level value display.

Thanks for considering!
Dubnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 08:58 AM   #20
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edison View Post
This new Script is wonderful. Even when translated.

Congratulations!
Thanks. We're approaching final form in places, so please do let me know if I make any problematic string length assumptions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeno View Post
Edit:
I would go for option 3.

Resizing elements is a nice looking feature, but it doesn't add any significant functionality.
Totally agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitting_ears View Post
On Windows 11, the interface sometimes becomes blurred when scrolling. The first image is normal, the second is blurry.
Yeah, I've sen some things like that too. There are a number of ways my underlying script graphics code is misbehaving (not a real programmer) but I'm resisting the urge to go into the weeds on such things if that can be done at leisure after release, so long as they don't intrude into functionality. Does the blur clear up if you keep scrolling? Can you get done what you need to do, just for the time being?

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitting_ears View Post
And a nitpick about the sliders:
Fixed in v290326, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolgwrad View Post
Niggle: If a mixer channel is set to expand when selected/shrink when unselected, it takes two clicks to arm it (watch trk 17).
I can't really do anything about that I don't think, sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jliu View Post
I am seeing a bug where, if at least two tracks in a folder (including the folder itself) are record armed, then zoomimg their height in the MCP using Cmd + Mousewheel (for me that's "View: Zoom vertically (MIDI CC relative/mousewheel)) yields weird bouncing. If one or less tracks are armed it's ok though.

Weird stuff is also happening to the first send knob in each track when resizing the MCP:

Are the record arm buttons in that last gif slightly off-center too?
I can't replicate any of those issues, might something be up with your Reaper install? Can anyone else duplicate? Do you have Options > Preferences > Advanced UI/system tweaks / 'Scale UI elements...' ticked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedTheCat View Post
Apparently I must have checked "Draw vertical text bottom-up" at some point.
Question to you, is this something that can be solved via theming or is it a case of REAPER-works-in-mysterious-ways?
No that's not themable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicSounds View Post
This doesn't seem to work for me
Mixer panel section
- if track selected
- [on] Show meter values

can't have selected only with meter values, or unselected on, but selected off.
What's happening is that its doing it, but Reaper isn't refreshing the drawing just on selection. If you make it also change width, or add the sidebar, it will. If you can remember, please remind me to make an FR about that once this is finished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1308 View Post
Sir, this is a Wendy's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMJoshi View Post
I have set Layout 🔼 to a strip size, and the settings are in the screenshot. The faders disappear, and the record arm buttons float over the FX list when I lower the height of the mixer. It gets obvious when you increase the Meter Height parameter.
Fixed in v290326, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holzwurm View Post
Regarding sections assignments:
With Effects Inserts and Track Sends assigned to bottom section (Pic 1, blue circle),

1. The Max Width Parameters seem to be not applied (yellow arrows)
2. shouldn't the sends list be shown in the 2nd bottom section (orange arrows)?
3. Aren't the Effects Inserts Buttons supposed to arrange in columns and rows (yellow circles). They do (Pic 2), but a lot of space is left unutilized, possibly this is related to 1.

Sorry if these are errors or ignorance on my part, but maybe it helps, or somebody can tell me what I'm missing.
Yeah, you've not understood this, but that itself is very useful feedback, thanks. See in v290326:

Representing and explaining the Track section assignment / section properties relationship. (ref: Holzwurm). When sends or inserts are assigned to share with the parameters (i.e. the standard Reaper behaviour) I was drawing a line around them to represent them. That wasn't good enough, so now it also puts a message over the top of the relevant Section properties diagram, to explain that its settings don't apply because its sharing with the parameters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolol View Post
On routing button is written "route", cause of this word we can't see the color, and so we can't see information about routing.
Its primary job is to be the routing button, being easy to find when searching for that. The stripes underneath are what represent the Master / Receive / Send status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubnick View Post
I find the fader level display font size in the MCP to be unreadably small.

The peak level display on the MCP is slighly better and I appreciate the improved ability to see the full readout, where it used to get cut off, but can we please, please, please get adjustability in the font sizes in more areas like the MCP fader and peak level value display.
The meter readout text size cannot be themed, that's a hardcoded Reaper thing. Reaper also uses text that size elsewhere, so if its too small, I'm afraid you need to look into Reaper's HiDPI functionality because themes won't be able to help you.
Old 05-07-2024, 09:33 AM   #21
foxAsteria

Can someone besides me please ask WT if we will ever be able to hide all the elements? I've tried about 9 times now.
Old 05-07-2024, 11:04 AM   #22
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

This is the pre-release thread for testing a script; I've haven't solicited feature requests. Please test the new version of the script.
Old 05-07-2024, 11:08 AM   #23
Holzwurm

Quote:

Thank you so much, this illustrates why the parameters of inserts and sends are not applied. It is very much appreciated!
But I don't think it explains the following: With distributed assignments, the bottom section's width is fully utilized to display the elements' width , but not with the shared bottom section assigment:

First pair of pictures shows 3 sections in use:

Next pair of pictures and a gif show only the bottom section in use:

Holzwurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 11:19 AM   #24
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Oh yes I see, yes that's wrong, thanks very much. Keep an eye on the new thread.
Old 05-09-2024, 09:41 AM   #25
Dubnick

Quote:
The meter readout text size cannot be themed, that's a hardcoded Reaper thing. Reaper also uses text that size elsewhere, so if its too small, I'm afraid you need to look into Reaper's HiDPI functionality because themes won't be able to help you.
Appreciate the response, however:

1) Scaling the UI elements from Settings/Preferences does not at all effect the size of the fader level readout, even though it does effect the peak level readout. So how do I go about fixing the thing I am complaining about or whom do I have to contact to alert them to what seems like bug/issue?

2) I don't believe the HiDPI functionality or at least the ability to adjust it doesn't appear to be part of the Mac version.

Thanks!
Old 05-09-2024, 10:21 AM   #26
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Leave that Scale UI elements preference alone. Unticked. Never look at it again.

Reaper does indeed have HiDPI functionality on the Mac. If un-themable things in Reaper are too small, its that. It can only be that. Who do you ask? I get asked this a lot, but its not me if it can't be themed. You're not the only one having scaling problems, you're not the only one to think its a theme thing, its not a theme thing. The acid test is that if this theme has your problem, its not a theme thing.
Old 05-09-2024, 02:43 PM   #27
Dubnick

Quote:
Leave that Scale UI elements preference alone. Unticked. Never look at it again.

Reaper does indeed have HiDPI functionality on the Mac. If un-themable things in Reaper are too small, its that. It can only be that. Who do you ask? I get asked this a lot, but its not me if it can't be themed. You're not the only one having scaling problems, you're not the only one to think its a theme thing, its not a theme thing. The acid test is that if this theme has your problem, its not a theme thing.
Where? I don't find anything in settings.

Scale UI elements did make everything better save for that one particular thing (the fader level display - above the peak display - which does resize when scaled - and below the pan knob.

As far as that them - I don't know where the fader level display is in that theme but I don't see it. Just the peak level display.
Old 05-09-2024, 02:54 PM   #28
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

That's not really a theme, its no theme at all. That's what Reaper looks like naked. Here's where to start : its not a theme thing, so its not something I can help you with, and its not this thread.

I sincerely encourage you to leave Scale UI elements alone.