Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 09-29-2006, 05:28 PM   #1
gb156
Human being with feelings

Default asio4all: output range not connected?

When trying to use asio4all (versions 2.6 or 2.7) Reaper is telling me that the output range is not connected. When I open the asio4all control panel from within Reaper the outputs are shown as unavailable. However, the inputs are shown as enabled and available. If I close Reaper and use asio4all in other programs, asio4all works fine. I am using the internal soundcard (Intel 82801 CA/CAM AC'97 Audio Controller) and Windows XP (home).

I did a search of Reaper forums but did not find anything similar. Any idea what may be the problem?
gb156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 07:57 AM   #2
vivaldi

Same here, Intel AC97 with SigmaTel codec.
Cubase ASIO works OK.

viValdi
vivaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 09:44 AM   #3
manning1

originally i had the same prob months back.
try this test/fix. delete reaper.ini to your waste basket then tell me if it works. reaper will rebuild a new one if i remember.
manning1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 03:26 AM   #4
Roner

I had the same problems with my laptop ac97 soundcard and asio4all when running MadTracker, turned out I had to disable the microsoft gm synth as it had some conflitcts with the asio driver. If you still have problems try to uncheck the microsoft synth in preferences/mididevices.
Roner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 04:27 AM   #5
gb156

Deleting reaper.ini worked! Thank you very much for the help!
gb156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 12:29 PM   #6
Vlad

Sorry for digging out such an old thread, but I have this problem, and I can't find that ini file. Can somebody tell me where to find the reaper.ini file in Windows 7? Thanks!
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 07:30 AM   #7
producerism

on windows 7, its in:

C:\Users\(Your Name)\AppData\Roaming\REAPER

unfortunately for me, I'm having this same issue, but deleting the reaper.ini file does not seem to solve it.

The odd part is that ASIO4ALL works fine when aggregating all my devices, except for one. I have a wireless mic/headphone set, and when I enable the input in ASIO4ALL, reaper displays "Not connected (1)" and "Not connected (2)" as the only options in both input and output dropdowns. As soon as I disable the input, and leave just the output enabled for this one device, everything works as expected. (I'm aggregating an RME Fireface 800, Built-in audio, Virtual Audio Cable, and Plantronics mix/headphones)
producerism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 10:33 AM   #8
bluepingu345

Quote:
Originally Posted by producerism View Post
on windows 7, its in:

C:\Users\(Your Name)\AppData\Roaming\REAPER

unfortunately for me, I'm having this same issue, but deleting the reaper.ini file does not seem to solve it.

The odd part is that ASIO4ALL works fine when aggregating all my devices, except for one. I have a wireless mic/headphone set, and when I enable the input in ASIO4ALL, reaper displays "Not connected (1)" and "Not connected (2)" as the only options in both input and output dropdowns. As soon as I disable the input, and leave just the output enabled for this one device, everything works as expected. (I'm aggregating an RME Fireface 800, Built-in audio, Virtual Audio Cable, and Plantronics mix/headphones)
This happened to me as well. I fixed it by going to Control Panel > Sound> (default device) Properties > Advanced > then unticking 'Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device' or something like that.
Hope that helps
bluepingu345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:37 PM   #9
woeischris

I am having this same problem. Disabling exclusive access does not help. To complicate things, I'm on a Mac running Windows 7 in VirtualBox so I can use my Apogee Duet 2. Just need to fix this and I'll be good!
woeischris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:31 AM   #10
bluepingu345

Quote:
Originally Posted by woeischris View Post
I am having this same problem. Disabling exclusive access does not help. To complicate things, I'm on a Mac running Windows 7 in VirtualBox so I can use my Apogee Duet 2. Just need to fix this and I'll be good!
On Windows, I found disabling the Microsoft GM synth, but I don't know whether that will work for you or not
bluepingu345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 01:22 PM   #11
Ganaud

Default Same issue

2 Years later, same issue. My soundcard outputs (Conexant HD) is not listed under the outputs, even though they're activated in the ASIO config utility. I used to get the odd conflict when I had Maschine open at the same time as Reaper, but now it's a constant. My inputs are a Zoom H4N which works fine.

These fixes did not work:

- Deleting Reaper.ini

- Going to Control Panel > Sound> (default device) Properties > Advanced > then unticking 'Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device'

- Disabling Windows Synth and GM Synth in Reaper>Preferences>Devices>MIDI Devices

I haven't been able to use ASIO in Reaper for this reason.

Last edited by Ganaud; 02-11-2014 at 01:33 PM.
Ganaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:41 PM   #12
lanceaustin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepingu345 View Post
This happened to me as well. I fixed it by going to Control Panel > Sound> (default device) Properties > Advanced > then unticking 'Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device' or something like that.
Hope that helps
The voice of blueping reached out to me from 2011- this worked for me as well! At least for now- even before this fix, the problem was intermittent, so- we'll see.
lanceaustin is offline   Reply With Quote