Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for Spatial Audio

Old 03-19-2017, 06:30 PM   #1
plush2
Human being with feelings

Default Having trouble with the latest BlueRippleSound plugin

I am specifically having a problem getting the new "Flare" visualizer plugin in the O3A Core VST bundle to be recognized in Reaper x64 using the latest 5.XX release on Windows 10.

All other plugins in the bundle show up and operate just fine. I have Adobe Audition showing the "Flare" plugin just fine on the same system so it is hopefully not a missing library or dependency.
plush2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:11 PM   #2
Dannii

Location: Adelaide, South Australia (originally from Geelong)

Hmmm.... Just had a look on my system and I'm having the same issue. I have two paid Blue Ripple packages and the Core package and, as you say, everything except the Flare plugin shows up and runs fine.

I have both the TOA and O3A packages.

Perhaps send Richard a support email and ask him. He's very responsive and helpful.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:24 PM   #3
plush2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaDave View Post
Hmmm.... Just had a look on my system and I'm having the same issue. I have two paid Blue Ripple packages and the Core package and, as you say, everything except the Flare plugin shows up and runs fine.

I have both the TOA and O3A packages.

Perhaps send Richard a support email and ask him. He's very responsive and helpful.
Yes, I use the Core package and own the harpex upsampler. Richard is great and I will tell him next. I thought because it was working on one software package on my system and not the other I would start by talking to the (also great ) devs here.

Do you have any other VST capable software on your system (knowing a little of your setup...I would imagine you do)? Is it working elsewhere?
Old 03-22-2017, 10:21 AM   #4
plush2

ReaDave, I discovered my problem to be that I had another copy of O3ACore64.dll (v. 2.0.1.1) located in a secondary vstplugin location. The latest versions are installed to “C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Vstplugins\Surround\” and these older ones were found installed to “C:\Program Files\Vstplugins\Surround\”. Can you check and see if something similar is your problem as well?

I have shared all this with Richard at BlueRippleSound and will pass on whatever useful information we can come up with here.
Old 03-26-2017, 08:57 AM   #5
Dannii

Location: Adelaide, South Australia (originally from Geelong)

Quote:
Originally Posted by plush2 View Post
ReaDave, I discovered my problem to be that I had another copy of O3ACore64.dll (v. 2.0.1.1) located in a secondary vstplugin location. The latest versions are installed to “C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Vstplugins\Surround\” and these older ones were found installed to “C:\Program Files\Vstplugins\Surround\”. Can you check and see if something similar is your problem as well?

I have shared all this with Richard at BlueRippleSound and will pass on whatever useful information we can come up with here.
I found the issue on my system. I only had version 2.0.1 installed. I just installed 2.0.2 and Flare now shows up in REAPER.

I recently reconfigured my studio PC (added a Samsung 850 Evo SSD) and installed Win 10 and everything else from scratch. That gave me the opportunity to streamline things somewhat and I have stuck to a simple VST path (C:Program Files/VSTPlugIns) for all 64 bit plugins. There's now no C:program Files/Steinberg/VSTPlugIns folder at all. It isn't needed here and just made things messy in the past.
Old 03-26-2017, 05:25 PM   #6
plush2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaDave View Post
It isn't needed here and just made things messy in the past.
Agreed, I wish they would have standardized this in the first place rather than allowing everyone to decide on their own convention.