COCKOS
CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :

Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Other Software Discussion > WDL users forum

Old 12-02-2017, 02:22 PM   #1
Youlean
Human being with feelings

Default Does GUI resizing work properly in any variation of IPlug?

I have noticed that some of you are having window resizing in your plugins. I am talking about your custom forks, not mine. So did you manage to make it work for every host or not?

I am experimenting with GUI resizing on mac. and only think I can say is FUUUUUUUCCCCKKKK (you apple)!!! It seems that every host have different method handling windows and so far original Oli code worked in most DAWs except in Ableton for example, but if I make it work in Ableton by using setFrame method in all other hosts it doesn't work anymore. So so far the only solution I can think is to create method that will resize window depending on the host but I am feeling that this is not good way to do this type of things. It should work with just setFrame...
Old 12-02-2017, 03:50 PM   #2
earlevel

Ugh, sounds like a pain...glad I don't need resizing, for now...

So, I guess you got you Mac back from the shop. Have you tried your framework on Studio One 3 Mac yet? To recap: For me, your loudness meter, as well as my plugin using my fork of Oli's wdl-ol, causes a crash. For instance: instantiate plugin, it works fine, delete the plugin, save the project—crash. This only on VST/VST3, AU is fine (I've mainly been testing this issue on VST3, but I *think* VST2 is the same).

As for leaks, I only found that the Cocoa window was leaking on close, and remedied that. No change to the crashing issue. I assume Studio One 3 Win doesn't have this problem, but haven't tested because Studio One is such a pig that it throws audio buffer alerts every second running on my VM.
earlevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 03:53 PM   #3
Youlean

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlevel View Post
Ugh, sounds like a pain...glad I don't need resizing, for now...

So, I guess you got you Mac back from the shop. Have you tried your framework on Studio One 3 Mac yet? To recap: For me, your loudness meter, as well as my plugin using my fork of Oli's wdl-ol, causes a crash. For instance: instantiate plugin, it works fine, delete the plugin, save the project—crash. This only on VST/VST3, AU is fine (I've mainly been testing this issue on VST3, but I *think* VST2 is the same).

As for leaks, I only found that the Cocoa window was leaking on close, and remedied that. No change to the crashing issue. I assume Studio One 3 Win doesn't have this problem, but haven't tested because Studio One is such a pig that it throws audio buffer alerts every second running on my VM.
I am looking at it right now. I saw your post in another thread. I will keep you informed...
Old 12-02-2017, 05:46 PM   #4
Youlean

OK, I tried to see what is going on with Studio One and no luck for now. I was testing VST2. At this point it would be wise to send an email to Studio One developers to give us some direction since this could take a while to fix...