Old 12-18-2016, 06:06 PM   #81
Klinke
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaeru View Post
It seems like Action mode does what I am looking for with the VPOTs, especially if MIDI CC is set to Relative Mode. Is it at all possible to get this functionality on the faders? It would be impossible to play keyboard while also moving 2 or 3 vpots, but would work perfectly for faders.

Looking forward to any help with this,
kaeru

EDIT:
reference to action mode on page 15, at the bottom:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...nke_manual.pdf
I got the idea, but to be honest, as long as not other users jump in and want the same feature, I will not implement this, even when I find some more time again for the extension. This isn't a change I could do in five minutes, sorry.
Klinke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 09:27 PM   #82
kaeru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klinke View Post
I got the idea, but to be honest, as long as not other users jump in and want the same feature, I will not implement this, even when I find some more time again for the extension. This isn't a change I could do in five minutes, sorry.
Hi Klinke ! I am sorry I didn't mean to sound like I wanted you to implement specifically what I needed ! I thank you very much for all your work and especially for the reply clarifying things for me ! Now I know I just need to shop around for a control surface with the intention of leaving it in midi mode. I wish you and everyone else very happy holidays !
kaeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 07:30 AM   #83
George Gargalas

Default Problem with the surface(Nanokontrol 2)

Quote:
I have just updated the Mackie Control extension and suggest all users to update to this version. It does not contain new features (beside a more official support of the 2nd controller hack), but different improvements and bug fixes, an improved manual and a lot of new FX maps.
You can find the update in the download section of the bitbucket repository:
https://bitbucket.org/Klinkenstecker..._mcu/downloads

And I want to use the opportunity to announce that I do not plan to invest a lot of time into the extension in the future. Currently I'm involved in a live playing/improvisation oriented project and therefore I'm using Usine in combination with an own Looper-Software, which I'm currently developing. So the development of the MCU extension is cut down to only important issues (like this update ;-)).
How you install Klinke control surface on Mac? i follow the instructions nad paste the folder of klinke in plugins folder but i cant' t find the Mackie Control Universal, (Klinke) in the control surface(Mac)
George Gargalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 07:47 AM   #84
Klinke

Unfortunately the extension works only with windows.
Klinke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 02:40 PM   #85
keviny

Hi there,

I just bought a used Mackie Control Universal (non-pro) and have run into some issues. Not sure if some of these are hardware or Reaper or Klinke-related. If anyone has run into these, please feel free to let me know. I've also made a video demonstrating my issues here: https://youtu.be/H2shRHxw9Tc

Issues w/ MCU (non-pro) firmware v2.1.2 (connected via MIDI to
USB cable) in Reaper running Klinke v0.8.3.4
-------------------

1. On Reaper startup, text is garbled (remnants of "REAPER! Initializing... please wait..." message)

2. Faders don't all snap to their current DAW position. Have to manually use the 'Channel' button on MCU to scroll through each channel to "refresh" its position.

3. Buttons (mute, rec, solo, etc) don't all always correlate. Same solution as above, although sometimes it still doesn't fix.

4. Master fader doesn't snap on load. Since you can't use the 'Channel' button for the master fader, only way to update it is to touch it on MCU or in the DAW.

5. Unity on Mackie = ~+1.5db on Reaper (could be a Klinke or Reaper or hardware issue)

6. Group read doesn't move fader (could be a Klinke issue)

Thanks in advance for any help!
keviny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 06:26 PM   #86
LugNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by keviny View Post
Hi there,

I just bought a used Mackie Control Universal (non-pro) and have run into some issues. Not sure if some of these are hardware or Reaper or Klinke-related. If anyone has run into these, please feel free to let me know. I've also made a video demonstrating my issues here: https://youtu.be/H2shRHxw9Tc

Issues w/ MCU (non-pro) firmware v2.1.2 (connected via MIDI to
USB cable) in Reaper running Klinke v0.8.3.4
-------------------

1. On Reaper startup, text is garbled (remnants of "REAPER! Initializing... please wait..." message)

2. Faders don't all snap to their current DAW position. Have to manually use the 'Channel' button on MCU to scroll through each channel to "refresh" its position.

3. Buttons (mute, rec, solo, etc) don't all always correlate. Same solution as above, although sometimes it still doesn't fix.

4. Master fader doesn't snap on load. Since you can't use the 'Channel' button for the master fader, only way to update it is to touch it on MCU or in the DAW.

5. Unity on Mackie = ~+1.5db on Reaper (could be a Klinke or Reaper or hardware issue)

6. Group read doesn't move fader (could be a Klinke issue)

Thanks in advance for any help!
Hi,
Not sure, but that sounds like the midi USB cable. If you can borrow some sort of real midi interface, it would nail it down.
Except for your # 5... I've seen discrepencys also.
Also a midi feedback loop would show those issues also, but I don't know how that would happen in your setup.
Hth
LugNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 10:38 PM   #87
studer58

Quote:
A Reaper extension (and therefore a Reaper Control Surface) is not a VST plugin, you copied into the wrong folder. RTFM more precise, especially the installation section ;-)
from the manual:"To install the extension download unpack the zip–archiv in the plugin directory of REAPER"

?
studer58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 08:17 AM   #88
LugNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by studer58 View Post
from the manual:"To install the extension download unpack the zip–archiv in the plugin directory of REAPER"

?
Hi,
Not the vst plug in folder. The plug in folder in Reaper folder.
Old 03-12-2017, 02:34 AM   #89
studer58

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by LugNut View Post
Hi,
Not the vst plug in folder. The plug in folder in Reaper folder.
That worked...Thank you !
studer58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 04:22 PM   #90
nofish

Could anyone please check if the "Marker mode" is working for him with Klinke 0.8.3.4 ?

From the manual:

Quote:
4.3 REWIND and FFWD
The REWIND & Fast Fwd (FFWD) Button can be set in Mode "Normal", "Marker" or "Nudge"
(note that the Nudge Mode has not been implemented). When R EWIND or FFWD is pressed in
combination with the MARKER or NUDGE button, the MCU will automatically switch back to the
original mode after you release the MARKER/NUDGE button.

4.3.2 Marker-Mode
• REWIND/F FWD: Previous/Next marker
Jump to previous/next marker isn't working for me somehow, but I'm not sure if it's because of my BCR mapping.

edit:
Solved. It was my mapping that was wrong.

Details (in case anyone cares...):

Originally I had my "Marker" button assigned to A# 5 (nr. 82) which according to this chart is "Marker" on the MCU.

http://web.archive.org/web/200801260...ules/MCMap.htm

When trying included Klinke action "Marker (key)" I noticed that jumping to previous/next marker worked correctly, so it probably had to be my mapping that was wrong.

Thankfully in the action list can be seen in "Command ID" which note number is triggered by an action (Just noticed this now. Nice one, Klinke ) so assigning my button to C 6 (nr. 84) did the trick. In the linked MCU chart that's labaled with "< Frame" which means "Nudge" I guess. No idea why assigning to "Marker" didn't work (maybe that chart is wrong ?) but doesn't matter.

Last edited by nofish; 06-09-2017 at 06:01 PM.
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 02:48 PM   #91
orbiterred

anyone else using the faderport 8 with klinke?

i've got it up and running, just not sure how to get stuff like folder/anchor tracks etc... working (or if it's even possible)
orbiterred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 06:45 AM   #92
Kad974

Always not OSX version
Kad974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 02:41 PM   #93
LugNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofish View Post
Could anyone please check if the "Marker mode" is working for him with Klinke 0.8.3.4 ?

From the manual:

Jump to previous/next marker isn't working for me somehow, but I'm not sure if it's because of my BCR mapping.

edit:
Solved. It was my mapping that was wrong.

Details (in case anyone cares...):

Originally I had my "Marker" button assigned to A# 5 (nr. 82) which according to this chart is "Marker" on the MCU.

http://web.archive.org/web/200801260...ules/MCMap.htm

When trying included Klinke action "Marker (key)" I noticed that jumping to previous/next marker worked correctly, so it probably had to be my mapping that was wrong.

Thankfully in the action list can be seen in "Command ID" which note number is triggered by an action (Just noticed this now. Nice one, Klinke ) so assigning my button to C 6 (nr. 84) did the trick. In the linked MCU chart that's labaled with "< Frame" which means "Nudge" I guess. No idea why assigning to "Marker" didn't work (maybe that chart is wrong ?) but doesn't matter.

Hi no fish,
I think the chart is wrong. I used some text from a file in the stock MCU surf in reaper. I'll look what file that is exactly.