Old 06-12-2017, 06:28 PM   #1
ertugrulgul
Human being with feelings

Default Mixer panel track heights

I want my tracks to look like this in my mixer window but no matter what I try (saving as screenset/project default etc.) doesn't work. I read some of the roundabout tricks people mentioned but I want a solid solution. I know I can ctrl+drag for resizing it and save as track template and add track from template but as I said I want it to look like this as default. If somebody could do this with Walter or make a layout, I would be soo happy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled-1e.jpg (59.1 KB, 168 views)
ertugrulgul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 05:15 AM   #2
Vollgerd

OK.
What do you mean exactly?
Small track area and large mixing area?
If I make these settings in Reaper, and I close Reaper (even without saving) Reaper is loading next time just like this. But without the one track.
Do you want to load the Layout and also the track?

Then save it with "Save as Tracktemplates".
Search "Options / Preferences / Project "When creating new projects, use the following Project file as a template" and search for the template. Klick apply.

Then Reaper always load the layout with the track.

Greetings from germany
Gerd
Vollgerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 07:22 AM   #3
lowellben

Reaper is infamous for not remembering certain mundane things like mixer heights, video windows and open windows on startup, stuff like that.

It is not just you. Good luck. Hope it's a simple template fix. But don't be alarmed if it's not consistent.
Old 06-15-2017, 09:29 AM   #4
ertugrulgul

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowellben View Post
Reaper is infamous for not remembering certain mundane things like mixer heights, video windows and open windows on startup, stuff like that.

It is not just you. Good luck. Hope it's a simple template fix. But don't be alarmed if it's not consistent.
I think it can be fixed with walter theme tweaks but I don't know anything about it.
Old 06-15-2017, 11:02 AM   #5
Sound asleep

Why do you want so many inserts to be visible?

I have my mixer bound to a mouse button so it pops up full screen the moment I want it.

Problem with that, is that you can't easily navigate in small increments, so it's easy to get lost.

I actually don't use mixer window much anymore, mainly for that reason. I like the easy access to the inserts, and ordering them and ctrl dragging them, and even adding automation, if I want to do that, but I find it's not worth the trouble of being lost, and looking for the track you want.

It would be nice if the selected track was always centered, and you could scroll with middle click and drag, the same way you can in arrange view, or at least the scroll increments were much smaller, or could be fine tuned or coarse tuned with a modifier and scroll.

You Rock My World remix

Last edited by Sound asleep; 06-16-2017 at 07:13 AM.
Sound asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 10:47 PM   #6
grinder

I have never used the mixer

Grinder
grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 03:56 AM   #7
Vollgerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ertugrulgul View Post
I think it can be fixed with walter theme tweaks but I don't know anything about it.
no that cannot fix with walter.

But I still do not know what you want exactly.
Many FX in the Mixer Channelstrip?
You can all realize, if you consider my post # 2

Greetings
Gerd
Vollgerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 05:19 AM   #8
AugerJ

Hi, why not post two screenshots:
#1 — what you want
and
#2 — what you get instead
?

http://imgur.com/
accepts images of virtually any size...
(So the viewers don't have to guess (and can actually see) what's on the picture.)

If you want to decrease the number of sends to two, you can create a track, make this adjustment — and the tracks created afterwards will look like that already, initially.

Or you can save the project with an empty track with only two sends as a template, make that template default — and that's it. Or does it not work?
AugerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 07:10 PM   #9
ertugrulgul

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugerJ View Post
If you want to decrease the number of sends to two, you can create a track, make this adjustment — and the tracks created afterwards will look like that already, initially.

Or you can save the project with an empty track with only two sends as a template, make that template default — and that's it. Or does it not work?
Hey, yes I want a mixer view with a lot of fx inserts, an fx parameter control and two sends. I already know that I can fix it with your way but I want it to look like this as default. And please don't ask why, it's just a preference or obsession whatever you wanna call it.
Old 06-17-2017, 09:42 PM   #10
bobobo

you can disable the sends ..right click on master track in mixer and deselect "Show sends if size permits")
saving as default preference settings (Alt - Enter , click on the appropriate button) set reaper to remember this

drawback, you don't see any sends in any mixer tracks including the master track.
bobobo is offline   Reply With Quote