Old 05-07-2017, 06:47 AM   #1
Pinthar
Human being with feelings

Default Zoom G3X and AudioBox 22VSL

Hello friends. I need some help with two interfaces. I'm in sort of a pickle. I am currently using AudioBox 22VSL for my audio interface and sound device. I also use the AudioBox AISO drivers which work amazing with Reaper by the way! hardly any latency with VSTs...so koodles! BUT....

I also want to use my Zoom G3X as my primary guitar input instead of the Audiobox. The reason is I use guitar rig 5 through the AudioBox, but there is a ton of latency, and frankly the modeling sucks compared to the Zoom G3X. But, I still want to use the AudioBox for my other midi intruments, like VSTs and such. The problem is, Reaper only allows for one AISO driver with its individual inputs, so my choice is either the Zoom, or the AudioBox, but not both! boo-hoo! Is there a way, or a plan to allow for multiple AISO inputs?
Pinthar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 01:56 PM   #2
zeekat

I wanted to write to just plug the analog output from Zoom into Presonus, then realized it doesn't have line inputs. That was a really weird idea on Presonus part.

ASIO4ALL driver should let you access both Presonus and Zoom in Reaper at the same time. Unless the Zoom's driver is good enough to use it as a sole soundcard in your system (Zoom's site says it works as a regular 2x2 interface), that can be a solution too.
Old 05-11-2017, 05:16 AM   #3
Pinthar

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeekat View Post
I wanted to write to just plug the analog output from Zoom into Presonus, then realized it doesn't have line inputs. That was a really weird idea on Presonus part.

ASIO4ALL driver should let you access both Presonus and Zoom in Reaper at the same time. Unless the Zoom's driver is good enough to use it as a sole soundcard in your system (Zoom's site says it works as a regular 2x2 interface), that can be a solution too.
You will totally laugh at me. So I took the 1/4 inch sterio out from the Zoom and plugged it into the Audiobox #1 input...and it didn't work. I was like searching all over for hours trying to find the solution...then it hit me like a ton of bricks...lol...I didn't have the Main Output volume on the Audiobox turned up...hahahahah, what a nerd I am! Totally works great now.

I still use the Presonus soundcard, and use the Zoom as my main guitar interface. Everything works fantastic.
Pinthar is offline   Reply With Quote