Old 06-11-2017, 02:04 PM   #1
Publicradio
Human being with feelings

Default Scale VST GUIs @2x

I think this has been asked before, and the answer has been 'no', but I thought I would check in and see if there are any solutions yet for scaling VST GUIs.

I have a version of Oatmeal with a 200% GUI, but someone went in to the uncompiled DLL and modified this manually. Still, there are a lot of GUIs that could use this treatment.
Publicradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 02:55 PM   #2
Xenakios

If there was a generic hack that worked even half-decently, it would already exist. (But as far as I know, there isn't any.)

The best long term strategy is to keep plugin developers aware of the issue and ask them to create resizable GUIs.
Old 06-12-2017, 11:56 PM   #3
artao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Publicradio View Post
I think this has been asked before, and the answer has been 'no', but I thought I would check in and see if there are any solutions yet for scaling VST GUIs.

I have a version of Oatmeal with a 200% GUI, but someone went in to the uncompiled DLL and modified this manually. Still, there are a lot of GUIs that could use this treatment.
GUI scaling is entirely up to the VST in question. IIRC VST3 is supposed to integrate scaling, but I've seen very few VST3 plugins that implement it.
artao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 08:47 AM   #4
Publicradio

Thanks for the replies. I have read that you can run VSTs in bridged mode, as a separate process, and then make that process DPI-aware. Does anyone know about this?
Publicradio is offline   Reply With Quote