COCKOS
CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :
Old 01-20-2011, 09:02 AM   #1
Unregistered

Default Graphs

I am trying to start up a open source stock tracking website that provides some simple value added information to users. I am having trouble finding a stepping timescale php graphing library. Do you use something opensource or proprietary?

Thanks in advance for a fellow developer.

Rob

Old 01-20-2011, 11:47 AM   #2
Dan
up here in my tree

We use a heavily modified version of the pCharts library for PHP.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:15 AM   #3
Unregistered

That what I was thinking.. I wasn't finding anything nice that steps and has graceful timescale management. I started out with the google financial chart api.. but i was lookng for something cleaning.. that was very scattered (plus it depends on a call out to google and javascript).

Thank you for confirming my suspicion.

Regards
Rob

Old 01-24-2011, 09:09 PM   #4
Dan
up here in my tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
That what I was thinking.. I wasn't finding anything nice that steps and has graceful timescale management. I started out with the google financial chart api.. but i was lookng for something cleaning.. that was very scattered (plus it depends on a call out to google and javascript).

Thank you for confirming my suspicion.

Regards
Rob
No problem. Email me if you need some help, I might be able to package up our code and send it your way.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:34 AM   #5
Unregistered

Default Help!

Im having trouble figuring out the time series I have soo many datapoints but the time in pChart is just a horrid mess. my email is an1076@yahoo.com if you wouldn't be so kind to send me even just some samples. I'm getting into pchart and I know that it is powerful, but modifying the classes is a bit complicated. I got the stepping to work. So yeah any help you'd be willing to throw my way. Im probably just waiting for an ah ha moment. I'm very good at reading code so if you just wanted to package up samples that would be enough. I really don't want to bother you with your time.

Thanks again! Most helpful (both you camelcamelcamel site for shopping and you for the gracious help with my project)

Regards

Old 02-04-2011, 01:12 PM   #6
Unregistered

Default clarification..

when I say time in pchart I mean the timescale on the x axis.
Also what do you do for changing the period of the chart (1 month, 2 months 6 months etc) do you just rerender the graph and recall it?

Old 02-04-2011, 01:14 PM   #7
Dan
up here in my tree

The code I have driving pcharts has a parameter for the date range, and selects only data within the selected range. I just change the parameter using javascript and tell the browser to load the new image url.