Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 06-22-2018, 04:31 PM   #1
pjd3
Human being with feelings

Default Rendering short segments of tracks

Hello, first I'd just like to thank you for helping me on my Reaper lift-off. Your feedback has helped alot! Thank you!

Having just set up "The Mangle" granular synth I need to import small time sections of recorded tracks from my project (which will be a sort off music/ambient hybrid). From watching vids it looks like I will be somehow selecting the desired portion of the tracks and rendering them in say a WAV format.

What I've specifically done is record 12 stereo tracks of Ebowed guitar to build chords. I want to pick say, 1-2 seconds of each droning chord, all 12 tracks, and import those sections into the synth for "mangling".

From what I've seen, these portions can be selected using markers, regions or maybe selected by highlighting the desired area.

I'd be interested in what you think may be a reasonable way for me to go about this. Thank you!

Phil
pjd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 05:04 PM   #2
pjd3

Default Rendering

In one of Kenny's vids I'm seeing in the Rendering box,

Render: Master Mix
Render bounds: Custom Time Range (then just input the start and stop values)

This seems to be one way to go about it, wanting a specific time slot of all 12 stereo tracks rendered together.

If it renders these tracks as I've mixed them, fader volume and panning then that would be a great start to what I'm trying to accomplish.

Seem reasonable?

Thanks,
Phil
Old 06-23-2018, 07:01 AM   #3
pjd3

Default Worked fine

Well, a case of answering your own question.

Worked great - Just rendered the master track, put in the start/stop times and it made the file. Then click/dragging the file into Mangle's window was a breeze.

Thanks for stopping by. I'll also be learning to use splitting, markers and regions for this kind of thing. I'll be moving alot of things around for this project.

Thank you,

Phil