Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 04-26-2010, 12:04 AM   #81
bob
Human being with feelings

Default baffled

Quote:
Originally Posted by yhertogh View Post
A little more information would help. Can the v-fire handle audio ok? Do you see the V-fire as a valid midi input/output in Reaper ? Make sure it is disabled in preferences/devices/midi. Also can you see the VS2480 as a valid control surface option?

Yves
Hello yhertogh,

I can send audio back and forth via the V-Fire no problem from the 2480 to Reaper or vice versa.
I tried all different combinations in Reaper with the midi devices and the surface control.
In midi devices I have presonus midi in and presonus midi out listed.

In control surfaces I have the vs 2480(dev-1,-1)on the list.

Do I have to set the Midi parameter a certain way on the 2480?

I put the dll in the plug ins folder of Reaper

In Reaper in the Control Surface Settings panel should I have Midi Input and Output set to Presonus?

In the vs2480 surface control panel I have V.Fader CS Sw ON.
In the 2480, control surface port set to R-Bus1, USER2 with the Control Change settings you listed.

I think I´m doing something wrong at the vs-2480 end.
Maybe you could tell me what set up I need in the 2480
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 06:19 AM   #82
bob

Default Reaper and the vs2480

One thing i´m certain about is that the combination of Reaper and the 2480 is a very powerful recording team for any small studio.All you need are a bunch of good musicians some decent mics and a good musical imagination some Dimension Pro samples! and your off.
I´d like to figure the Control surface but it´s not entirely necessary.it just bugs me that I´m doing something wrong.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:15 AM   #83
yhertogh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
Hello yhertogh,

I can send audio back and forth via the V-Fire no problem from the 2480 to Reaper or vice versa.
I tried all different combinations in Reaper with the midi devices and the surface control.
In midi devices I have presonus midi in and presonus midi out listed.

In control surfaces I have the vs 2480(dev-1,-1)on the list.

Do I have to set the Midi parameter a certain way on the 2480?

I put the dll in the plug ins folder of Reaper

In Reaper in the Control Surface Settings panel should I have Midi Input and Output set to Presonus?

In the vs2480 surface control panel I have V.Fader CS Sw ON.
In the 2480, control surface port set to R-Bus1, USER2 with the Control Change settings you listed.

I think I´m doing something wrong at the vs-2480 end.
Maybe you could tell me what set up I need in the 2480
I think the problem is in the reaper configuration.
First go to preferences/devices/midi, and DISABLE both the presonus midi in and out. I know it's counterintuitive to disable the midi devices, but this is to sent regular midi data inbetween reaper and the VS, not for control surface stuff.
Apply that config and then go to preferences/control surface.
You say that you have the vs2480 already configured there, but the (-1,-1) seems to indicate that reaper is not able to use the midi in/out for control surface stuff, which again indicates that you have the midi in/out enabled in preferences/devices/midi.

Select the control surface and hit 'edit'. Then select the presonus midi in and midi out in the appropriate boxes. Click on Apply.

then hit shift-v.fader on the VS and it should spring to live.

Yves
yhertogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:39 PM   #84
bob

Quote:
I think the problem is in the reaper configuration.
First go to preferences/devices/midi, and DISABLE both the presonus midi in and out. I know it's counterintuitive to disable the midi devices, but this is to sent regular midi data inbetween reaper and the VS, not for control surface stuff.
Apply that config and then go to preferences/control surface.
You say that you have the vs2480 already configured there, but the (-1,-1) seems to indicate that reaper is not able to use the midi in/out for control surface stuff, which again indicates that you have the midi in/out enabled in preferences/devices/midi.

Select the control surface and hit 'edit'. Then select the presonus midi in and midi out in the appropriate boxes. Click on Apply.

then hit shift-v.fader on the VS and it should spring to live.

Yves

Hi Rob again.
I disabled midi devices ie Presonus midi in and presonus midi out.

In Control Surface settings Roland vs2480(default CS preset) is listed.I click on this and select the presonus midi in and midi out in the appropriate boxes,,,the APPLY button will not highlight and VS2480(dev0,1)still appears.

I don´t know what I did exactly but now it´s working!cheers.

Last edited by bob; 04-27-2010 at 01:45 AM.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:46 AM   #85
yhertogh

Quote:
Hi Rob again.
I disabled midi devices ie Presonus midi in and presonus midi out.

In Control Surface settings Roland vs2480(default CS preset) is listed.I click on this and select the presonus midi in and midi out in the appropriate boxes,,,the APPLY button will not highlight and VS2480(dev0,1)still appears.

I don´t know what I did exactly but now it´s working!cheers.
Cool! the reason your apply button was grayed out was because it was part of the underlying window (i admit i gave you slightly wrong instructions!). You probably clicked ok on that 'edit' window, then clicked ok or apply on the main control surface window.

Have fun with it!

Yves
Old 04-27-2010, 06:39 AM   #86
yhertogh

Quote:
One thing i´m certain about is that the combination of Reaper and the 2480 is a very powerful recording team for any small studio.All you need are a bunch of good musicians some decent mics and a good musical imagination some Dimension Pro samples! and your off.
I´d like to figure the Control surface but it´s not entirely necessary.it just bugs me that I´m doing something wrong.
That's how i am using it as well. I record bands onto the VS (I do record in 24 bit, non rdac-compressed mode, which limits the amount of tracks to 16. Then you are sure that there is no quality loss of the audio that is recorded on the VS (beyond that incurred by the A/D convertor of the pre-amps). Also, using external pre-amps is a good idea, such that you can keep the gain down on the built-in pre-amps...allthough they are probably comparable with other 'prosumer' type multi-channel interfaces.

Then i do a backup to a CD-RW and use Bear's CD-Ripper tool, or alternatively use the V-fire to move the tracks into reaper.

For a solo performance/overdub, i use the v-fire directly into reaper

Yves
Old 04-27-2010, 09:01 AM   #87
bob

Default Thanks yhertogh

Great work,

I feel like I´m driving some fancy musical spaceship now!

Lots of experimenting to be done.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:04 AM   #88
bob

Default one more question

I can move the faders, pan, markers etc etc on the vs2480 and they react in Reaper or I if I move the faders press the buttons on Reaper they react on the 2480,however if I press play or record on Reaper the 2480 does not react.Is this correct or am I doing something wrong(yet again!)

Just checked again,everything seems to be in sync except when I push Play on Reaper the vs 2480 does not play.
thanks in advance.

Last edited by bob; 04-27-2010 at 11:43 AM.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:28 AM   #89
yhertogh

Quote:
I can move the faders, pan, markers etc etc on the vs2480 and they react in Reaper or I if I move the faders press the buttons on Reaper they react on the 2480,however if I press play or record on Reaper the 2480 does not react.Is this correct or am I doing something wrong(yet again!)

Just checked again,everything seems to be in sync except when I push Play on Reaper the vs 2480 does not play.
thanks in advance.
Bob, the vs-2480 in control surface mode is not doing any playback of stuff that is recorded on the vs-2480's harddrive. Its ONLY a control surface. However, if you press play in reaper, the vs-2480, in control surface mode, should at least give you a visual indication that reaper is playing, by lighting up the play led. If not, double-check the MIDI CC values in the USR2 template on the VS whether they match with what reaper is sending out.

If you want to use reaper AND the vs-2480 as playback entities in parallel, you have to go out of control surface mode, and configure MTC/MMC and have the VS-2480 be an MTC slave to reaper. But then you loose the control surface capabilities.

Yves
Old 04-28-2010, 04:08 AM   #90
bob

Quote:
Bob, the vs-2480 in control surface mode is not doing any playback of stuff that is recorded on the vs-2480's harddrive. Its ONLY a control surface. However, if you press play in reaper, the vs-2480, in control surface mode, should at least give you a visual indication that reaper is playing, by lighting up the play led. If not, double-check the MIDI CC values in the USR2 template on the VS whether they match with what reaper is sending out.

If you want to use reaper AND the vs-2480 as playback entities in parallel, you have to go out of control surface mode, and configure MTC/MMC and have the VS-2480 be an MTC slave to reaper. But then you loose the control surface capabilities.

Yves
gottcha,

Once again thanks for all your help.
Rob.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:35 AM   #91
PeeWee

It still works fine here, thanks again for this fine piece of code, yhertough!
There ist something I am missing sometimes in Reaper. It's the VS like "Play To", "Play Through" and "Play From" function. I think such a function is not implemented in Reaper and it's not possible to realize it with the VS CS sofware, right?

Just an idea/question, I am very satisfied with your software :-)

Greets, Peter
PeeWee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:01 PM   #92
LJP

Default How do i get the software into reaper

Hi,

I'm new to this board,i've been trying to set up my vs2480 as a surface controler for reaper, but i can't ,and my problem is a basic one ,first how do iget the software into : pragram files/reaper/plugins.Because each time i've attempted to do it, the black screen comes up, and :"reaper_rol_VS_cs.dll is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program",please would any one teach me the basic of how to do that .

than you
LJP
LJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 12:22 AM   #93
yhertogh

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJP View Post
Hi,

I'm new to this board,i've been trying to set up my vs2480 as a surface controler for reaper, but i can't ,and my problem is a basic one ,first how do iget the software into : pragram files/reaper/plugins.Because each time i've attempted to do it, the black screen comes up, and :"reaper_rol_VS_cs.dll is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program",please would any one teach me the basic of how to do that .

than you
LJP
LJP, This is because you are trying to execute the plugin by double-clicking. You simply need to move the file to the directory "C:\Program Files\Reaper\Plugins" and re-start reaper.

Yves
Old 05-05-2010, 01:27 AM   #94
yhertogh

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeWee View Post
It still works fine here, thanks again for this fine piece of code, yhertough!
There ist something I am missing sometimes in Reaper. It's the VS like "Play To", "Play Through" and "Play From" function. I think such a function is not implemented in Reaper and it's not possible to realize it with the VS CS sofware, right?

Just an idea/question, I am very satisfied with your software :-)

Greets, Peter
Peter,

Wouldnt a time selection in reaper , together with loop mode, establish the same thing ? I realise i havent implemented time selection in the code, so that would be a mouse operation.

Yves
Old 05-11-2010, 05:25 AM   #95
PeeWee

Yes, you're right. We can make a time selection, ending at the point we want to find, to have a "play to". Then we pull the time selection start point to the right, a little time over the end point and have a "play from" situation.

In the VS it is pretty easier, just place the cursor, push the two buttons ("play to" and "play from"), correct the cursor, push the two buttons again to verfy - and cut.
It is useful when you can not see in the waveform where you want to cut.

No - it was only an idea of what I am missing since I started the work with Reaper. I really can live without this feature. Like you say, it is possible to do this with the time selection, too, just need to click a little more.
The VS as control surface makes other things easier, which are more important.

Greets, Peter
Old 05-11-2010, 10:25 AM   #96
6L6

Default Question re VS Control Surface

First of all, thank you Yves for creating the plug-in and sharing it with everyone. It definitely helps extend the shelf-life of our 2480s.

Is there anyone using this set-up with a MOTU USB Micro Express MIDI interface?

I have been unable to get the Control Surface to work, but I have a feeling it's because I don't have the MOTU set up correctly.

I got the MOTU second hand and I'm waiting for the manual I ordered from the company. While I'm waiting, I thought I would try setting it up anyway through trial and error. But I don't have a lot of experience with MIDI.

So I thought I would ask just in case. The flexibility the plug-in adds makes it hard to wait. :-)

6L6
6L6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 02:34 AM   #97
yhertogh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6L6 View Post
First of all, thank you Yves for creating the plug-in and sharing it with everyone. It definitely helps extend the shelf-life of our 2480s.

I have been unable to get the Control Surface to work, but I have a feeling it's because I don't have the MOTU set up correctly.

I got the MOTU second hand and I'm waiting for the manual I ordered from the company. While I'm waiting, I thought I would try setting it up anyway through trial and error. But I don't have a lot of experience with MIDI.

So I thought I would ask just in case. The flexibility the plug-in adds makes it hard to wait. :-)

6L6
Hi,

I used to be an EL34 guy myself, but am now also more off a 6L6 guy ;-) (I own a Hugher and Kettner triamp)

A midi interface is really nothing special. I dont think you even need the manual , it either works or doesnt, just install the software on your PC. However, make sure that the midi can flow in both directions i.e. you need to use both the midi in and out. Also make sure you select the proper midi port in the VS (you can choose between RBUS1, RBUS2 and midi i believe, which are the midi in/out jacks at the back of the VS).

Now once all of this is cabled up, you should see those midi in and outs appear in your reaper preferences under devices/midi. Now there make sure that you DISABLE at least one midi in and one midi out of the MOTU (the ones you've cabled up to the VS). I know this sounds weird, but we have to dedicate one midi in/out for control surface purposes. So once you've checked this, go to control surfaces in preferences , and in case you've copied my plugin to \Program Files\Reaper\Plugins , you should be able to select the VS-2480 plugin. Select the appropriate midi in and out (the ones you've disabled in devices/midi!) and click ok. Then hit Shift-V-fader on the VS and hit the bank buttons a couple of times and it should spring to life.

If not, read the first post of this thread in detail!

Yves
Old 05-12-2010, 02:44 AM   #98
yhertogh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6L6 View Post

6L6
Hi,

I used to be an EL34 guy myself, but am now also more off a 6L6 guy ;-) (I own a Hugher and Kettner triamp)

A midi interface is really nothing special. I dont think you even need the manual , it either works or doesnt, just install the software on your PC. However, make sure that the midi can flow in both directions i.e. you need to use both the midi in and out. Also make sure you select the proper midi port in the VS (you can choose between RBUS1, RBUS2 and midi i believe, which are the midi in/out jacks at the back of the VS).

Now once all of this is cabled up, you should see those midi in and outs appear in your reaper preferences under devices/midi. Now there make sure that you DISABLE at least one midi in and one midi out of the MOTU (the ones you've cabled up to the VS). I know this sounds weird, but we have to dedicate one midi in/out for control surface purposes. So once you've checked this, go to control surfaces in preferences , and in case you've copied my plugin to \Program Files\Reaper\Plugins , you should be able to select the VS-2480 plugin. Select the appropriate midi in and out (the ones you've disabled in devices/midi!) and click ok. Then hit Shift-V-fader on the VS and hit the bank buttons a couple of times and it should spring to life.

If not, read the first post of this thread in detail!

Yves
Old 05-14-2010, 08:39 AM   #99
6L6

Default Thank you Yves

I appreciate the quick response. I'm going to give it another go and see what happens.

6L6
6L6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 06:16 PM   #100
LJP

Default getting VS to work as surface control

Hi,

Yhertogh thanks for your help, i just did not have time to reply,so it's all working perfect now.

thanks

PS look like not to many VS users know about this nice little piece of software.
LJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:23 PM   #101
yhertogh

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJP View Post
Hi,

Yhertogh thanks for your help, i just did not have time to reply,so it's all working perfect now.

thanks

PS look like not to many VS users know about this nice little piece of software.
I announced it a couple of times at the VS Planet, it isnt really my problem people dont seem to care :-)

Yves
Old 05-29-2010, 06:17 AM   #102
FngrStck

Using the 2480 and reaper is great.. Really. Anyway. Remember how I had my midi hooked up to an mbox and could use control surface and use the extra buttons for anything I needed? Well I realized that certain midi's could be used in reaper simaltaniously. I cannot use a delta 10/10, but I can use an maudio midiman and it works great. So long story short, you can customize the control surface even more if you pickup a midi device that can use both
FngrStck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 06:36 AM   #103
rjm

Default um

Hi - I'm completely new to all of this reaper and vs2480 interaction and have no idea what a cc number or most of what anything is said in this forum. So I am imploring you to help me as I have a presonus vfire connecteing the two together and would very much like them to work together. The vs is the master and really all i would like is a step by step lamens explanation of how i go about this. Thanks again

Bob
rjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 06:58 AM   #104
yhertogh

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjm View Post
Hi - I'm completely new to all of this reaper and vs2480 interaction and have no idea what a cc number or most of what anything is said in this forum. So I am imploring you to help me as I have a presonus vfire connecteing the two together and would very much like them to work together. The vs is the master and really all i would like is a step by step lamens explanation of how i go about this. Thanks again

Bob
Hi, I've added more instructions in the first post of this thread

Yves
Old 03-22-2011, 11:49 AM   #105
bleakerthanyou

Default Please Help

Over the weekend, I setup my v-fire and vs-2480 to work with Reaper, using the plugin available here. I ran into several problems, most of which are now fixed after going through the first page of this thread a few times.

However, I do not have audio. This certainly isn't the fault of the plugin, I realize, but I cannot figure it out. Presonus ASIO is selected and inputs are enabled. MIDI devices are DISABLED in devices/midi. The VS is working beautiful with regard to actually controlling reaper, and behaves better than I could have expected. For this I am grateful.

I followed the instructions which came with the V-fire manual when setting up the 2480 to be used as a control surface. The only thing I do not understand is the actual routing that I've done in the EZ Routing page on the VS interface. On the top left of the routing page, the v-fire manual says to connect "up to 16 input mixer channels to the RBUS inputs."

In order to do this, it seems as though I have to basically disable the analog inputs at the back of the VS, and once I make the connections as instructed, I can no longer monitor my input and there is no sound from my speakers.

What am I doing wrong?

If possible, could someone please include a snapshot of their EZ Routing page in the VS interface? This would help tremendously.

EDIT: As I said, the VS can control reaper beautifully and all is working as expected, except audio. Having said that, when I go to Utility/R-BUS Config, both RBUS1 and RBUS2 say "Unconnected." Not sure how thats possible.

Last edited by bleakerthanyou; 03-22-2011 at 12:25 PM.
bleakerthanyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 01:47 PM   #106
yhertogh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakerthanyou View Post
Over the weekend, I setup my v-fire and vs-2480 to work with Reaper, using the plugin available here. I ran into several problems, most of which are now fixed after going through the first page of this thread a few times.

However, I do not have audio. This certainly isn't the fault of the plugin, I realize, but I cannot figure it out. Presonus ASIO is selected and inputs are enabled. MIDI devices are DISABLED in devices/midi. The VS is working beautiful with regard to actually controlling reaper, and behaves better than I could have expected. For this I am grateful.

I followed the instructions which came with the V-fire manual when setting up the 2480 to be used as a control surface. The only thing I do not understand is the actual routing that I've done in the EZ Routing page on the VS interface. On the top left of the routing page, the v-fire manual says to connect "up to 16 input mixer channels to the RBUS inputs."

In order to do this, it seems as though I have to basically disable the analog inputs at the back of the VS, and once I make the connections as instructed, I can no longer monitor my input and there is no sound from my speakers.

What am I doing wrong?

If possible, could someone please include a snapshot of their EZ Routing page in the VS interface? This would help tremendously.
You have to assign the master hardware outs (or another track if you are summing audio to this track) to some RBUS outputs in reaper. This gets the audio from reaper into the VS. Then within the EZ routing screen connect the corresponding RBUS INs to two mixer track of choice and raise the faders (you probably want to group the mixer tracks). Think of the RBUS INs just as other inputs.

Quote:

EDIT: As I said, the VS can control reaper beautifully and all is working as expected, except audio. Having said that, when I go to Utility/R-BUS Config, both RBUS1 and RBUS2 say "Unconnected." Not sure how thats possible.
It also says unconnected here. I could never figure out what that screen is meant to say.

Yves
Old 03-23-2011, 05:54 AM   #107
bleakerthanyou

Okay. It was a long night for me, but I got it working finally.

It is worth mentioning that the 2480 doesn't belong to me, and because it's new to me, I only have a cursory knowledge of the routing and how all that is set up on the VS. What confused me is the ambiguity of the v-fire manual.

In the end I had to turn "Track Direct" OFF in EZ Routing and route the R-Bus outs to the Dir Ins, which I'm sure isn't the only way, but it's what I have working at the moment.

Also noticed that in the VS R-BUS config, if you switch R-BUS to OFF, it suddenly says connected and the RBUS lights on the v-fire come on, which seems to be completely irrelevant, because my setup works the same either way.

Just wanted to say thanks for your hard work, and now that my frustration is over, I have to say that not only is it working as intended, I'm very impressed with how well the 2480 works as a control surface. At least for my purposes, the new mapped controls are very intuitive. Thanks again.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:29 AM   #108
bleakerthanyou

Default Transferring sessions to pc via v-fire

How is this done? I want to take some projects and their individual tracks from the roland hdd and put it into Reaper and I'm not sure how to do this. I read somewhere that it can be done over R-bus but no one went into detail...is anyone able to give a quick rundown of how to make that happen?
Old 03-30-2011, 01:11 AM   #109
PeeWee

Hi bleakerthanyou,

I did a quick search and remembered where I found all this, it was on www.vsplanet.com.
Check out this two links:

http://www.vsplanet.com/ubbthreads/u...&Number=655738

http://www.vsplanet.com/ubbthreads/u...9d0c57f58b2c23

You may even find much more there.
Good luck & have fun, it all works proper, but just look a little confusing at the first view. Once you did some turns with that tools you will see, it's very easy.

Greetz, PeeWee

(I hope it is allowed to post the links here)
Old 03-30-2011, 02:38 PM   #110
bleakerthanyou

Thanks for the reply, though unfortunately I won't be able to try this for a couple of days. I will get right on it as soon as possible, though. Thanks again.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:50 PM   #111
bleakerthanyou

Default One Last Thing

I hate to add to this thread; you've all been of great help to me thus far.

I've got one other issue, and I'm not sure if it's related directly, but My setup is the v-fire, 2480, and reaper, so I figure this is the best place to post it.

I finally got everything working right, and decided to switch to 96k. I set Reaper, the v-fire, and the 2480 to 96k and made whatever routing changes were needed, and everything seemed great.

However, I noticed that if I'm recording on track one and the track is set to "record:input", when I pull the fader for that track down it takes the sound out of the monitors as expected, but it does not change the actual input level of the track. So the volume does go down, but the meter is still indicating a full signal and using the fader does not affect the level of the input being recorded.

I changed to "record: output (mono)" and suddenly the fader worked like I wanted, the volume AND input level would decrease when I pulled back on the fader.

Trouble is, I track a lot of guitars using amp sims, and when "recordutput(mono)" is selected, the track records the guitar with fx on the wav file.

I tinkered with things for a while and looked thru all of the menus but I could not find a/the setting to correct this problem, so now I'm wondering if there is even a way to do it.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:05 AM   #112
yhertogh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakerthanyou View Post
I hate to add to this thread; you've all been of great help to me thus far.

I've got one other issue, and I'm not sure if it's related directly, but My setup is the v-fire, 2480, and reaper, so I figure this is the best place to post it.

I finally got everything working right, and decided to switch to 96k. I set Reaper, the v-fire, and the 2480 to 96k and made whatever routing changes were needed, and everything seemed great.

However, I noticed that if I'm recording on track one and the track is set to "record:input", when I pull the fader for that track down it takes the sound out of the monitors as expected, but it does not change the actual input level of the track. So the volume does go down, but the meter is still indicating a full signal and using the fader does not affect the level of the input being recorded.

I changed to "record: output (mono)" and suddenly the fader worked like I wanted, the volume AND input level would decrease when I pulled back on the fader.

Trouble is, I track a lot of guitars using amp sims, and when "recordutput(mono)" is selected, the track records the guitar with fx on the wav file.

I tinkered with things for a while and looked thru all of the menus but I could not find a/the setting to correct this problem, so now I'm wondering if there is even a way to do it.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.
This isnt really a VS2480 control surface problem is it ? :-)

What you are seeing is perfectly normal Reaper behaviour, and it has been like this for a while. The best way to control input volume is on the VS-2480 before it goes do digital.

Yves
Old 05-23-2011, 10:09 AM   #113
bleakerthanyou

I see. On second thought, perhaps I was looking at this all wrong. And no, it wasn't directly control surface related, but I didn't know if maybe this particular setup was relevant to the issue. No longer an issue though, so thanks again.
Old 07-21-2011, 05:59 AM   #114
Muziekschuur

There was another version of remote control for the si-24 wich is like a vs2480. But i cannot find that thread anymore.

Are the lights (red recording, green, yellow) supported by this remote controller app? In the older it was not.
Muziekschuur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 07:55 AM   #115
PeeWee

Yes it is, on the VS-2480. Works like a charm here.

Greetz, PeeWee
Old 08-01-2011, 04:43 AM   #116
yhertogh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muziekschuur View Post
There was another version of remote control for the si-24 wich is like a vs2480. But i cannot find that thread anymore.

Are the lights (red recording, green, yellow) supported by this remote controller app? In the older it was not.
Is this the thread you wanted?

As to using the VS-2480 control surface plugin for the SI-24: i have no idea whether its gonna work, but its worth giving it a try.

Yves
Old 08-09-2011, 05:48 AM   #117
rjm

Default Panning tracks transferred from VS-2480 To Reaper

Hi yhertogh,

I have managed to transfer tracks from the VS to Reaper and record them, however I cannot seem make the mono tracks I transfer, Pan on Reaper, instead of being sent to the left or right speakers, It acts more like a volume control, with the sound peaking in the middle and then being quieter if I send it to either side. While as if I send it in stereo form into reaper, it will take tracks one and two and split those, while as what I want to achieve is to bring individual tracks to reaper and be able to pan them to the left/right speakers.

Also if your able to tell me how to put the tracks back on the VS-2480 to Reaper I would be very thankful as I cannot seem to do it myself. If you want me to be more succinct in anything just let me know and I'll get back to you.

Cheers

Rob
rjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 01:00 PM   #118
klausistblau

Default documentation

hi,

maybe its a stupid question, but is it possible to look at your code? i have found some files in the official SDK ... but for me it seems it isn't documented very well.(csurf API) ... or am i missing something?

i really would like to add support for the "JLCooper cs-10" - so now i wrote a JS script. it works, but i would like to have possibilities like using functions etc.

thanks
Old 12-19-2011, 02:18 PM   #119
yhertogh

Quote:
Originally Posted by klausistblau View Post
hi,

maybe its a stupid question, but is it possible to look at your code? i have found some files in the official SDK ... but for me it seems it isn't documented very well.(csurf API) ... or am i missing something?

i really would like to add support for the "JLCooper cs-10" - so now i wrote a JS script. it works, but i would like to have possibilities like using functions etc.

thanks
Check here

Yves
Old 12-20-2011, 04:07 AM   #120
klausistblau

Default m_midiout->Send( ... )

hi,

thanks for the link - makes it clearer now. but one more thing: i can't find a complete doc about these Send()/SendMsg() methods and i'm wondering how i can send sysex messages. do i have to extend the arguments or call one method for each byte i want to send? or using SendMsg() for these messages?

greets and thanks again