Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2012, 09:29 AM   #41
karbomusic
Human being with feelings
 
karbomusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 24,312
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brado231 View Post
I have seen someone do this on youtube videos but not sure now he got it to work. Is there an ACTION_PAN_SHIFT setting I can set?

EDIT: Just found the video on youtube. It is called "FaderPort Performance" if you want to look it up. He is actually doing it in Studio One (not Reaper). Still though, it would be nice to do this in Reaper if possible?
I'll check it out. If I remember correctly there is much more code tied to the volume/pan knobs since they are switchable between each other. It seems like there was that and/or something else that made using the pan knob as a controller a real PIA. Obviously its possible and if I have time, I'll take a look. Its about time to review the code again and see if I can update anything anyway.
karbomusic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:24 PM   #42
ts335
Human being with feelings
 
ts335's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 148
Default

Karbo - thanks for this. Makes my Faderport much more useful. Had to come back to the thread today to review the part about renaming or removing the reaper_csurf ini, as I did the update to 4.30 and of course the install reinstalled the file. Thought this bump may help out anyone else who may have noticed their Faderport reverting to previous behavior.

<<TS>>
__________________
http://soundcloud.com/tsanders
ts335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:43 PM   #43
karbomusic
Human being with feelings
 
karbomusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 24,312
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts335 View Post
Thought this bump may help out anyone else who may have noticed their Faderport reverting to previous behavior.

<<TS>>
That's a great idea and thanks for doing so as I would have forgotten myself as well.
karbomusic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:25 PM   #44
BorsingPhoto
Human being with feelings
 
BorsingPhoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Fayetteville, TN
Posts: 150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brado231 View Post
I too purchased a Faderport recently after viewing this thread. Thanks for your efforts in creating this!!

One question I have is whether I am able to configure the Pan knob to seek forward and back through the tracks when the shift button is selected. I have seen someone do this on YouTube videos but not sure now he got it to work. Is there an ACTION_PAN_SHIFT setting I can set?

EDIT: Just found the video on YouTube. It is called "FaderPort Performance" if you want to look it up. He is actually doing it in Studio One (not Reaper). Still though, it would be nice to do this in Reaper if possible?
Just got mine today, love it but I'd like to be able to jump to the Master track. When I click on output it "toggles" and stays lit, until I click it again? and all I have seen it do is to swap the fader with the pan knob, totally ridiculous since my fader knob works perfectly. Does anyone know how I can change Output to the master fader while lit and return to previous track when unlit/toggled off? Now that makes more sense to moui

"Parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus" - Sir Carl..
__________________
BorsingStudios.com represents aspiring new talents on a budget by offering studio time/on-line marketing support in the true "spirit of Cockos".
BorsingPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:52 PM   #45
karbomusic
Human being with feelings
 
karbomusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 24,312
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorsingPhoto View Post
Just got mine today, love it but I'd like to be able to jump to the Master track. When I click on output it "toggles" and stays lit, until I click it again? and all I have seen it do is to swap the fader with the pan knob, totally ridiculous since my fader knob works perfectly. Does anyone know how I can change Output to the master fader while lit and return to previous track when unlit/toggled off? Now that makes more sense to moui

"Parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus" - Sir Carl..
If I can ever find the time I'll pull the project back up and see if any of this can be done.
karbomusic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:00 AM   #46
BorsingPhoto
Human being with feelings
 
BorsingPhoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Fayetteville, TN
Posts: 150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbomusic View Post
If I can ever find the time I'll pull the project back up and see if any of this can be done.
Much obliged, If not it might be a good idea to change it into accomplishing something better than switching Knob/ fader funtions?

And a very merry X-Mas to all Ho, Ho, Ho fans..

"Cuiusvis hominis est errare; nullius nisi insipientis in errore perseverare" -Sir Carl
__________________
BorsingStudios.com represents aspiring new talents on a budget by offering studio time/on-line marketing support in the true "spirit of Cockos".
BorsingPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:07 PM   #47
karbomusic
Human being with feelings
 
karbomusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 24,312
Default Faderport XT 2012 (Output Button Support + Pan Scrolls Tracks) Beta

I have added preliminary support for output button customization and pan button track scrolling (attached below). I basically added the same support for the output button that exists for the other customizable buttons plus the ability to select the master track via output button. In other words you can have Output and Shift+Output run any Reaper action you wish; or Output always selects the master track.

Additionally you can configure the pan knob to scroll back and forth through tracks. Below are the INI file entries that control these. For anyone who isn't already aware all the actions assigned to buttons are customizable via reaper_csurf_fpxt.ini file. The numbers are simply actionIDs for various Reaper actions:

Output Button

ACTION_OUTPUT
ACTION_OUTPUT_SHIFT


Both the defaults are 0 which keeps the default vol/pan flip mode behavior. Changing ACTION_OUTPUT to any value other than zero enables both Output and Shift+Output and also disables flip mode. Set it to any action ID and it will run that action. Set it to 1 or 2 to enable two special master track options. Here are some examples:

Faderport output button default behavior (default setting):
ACTION_OUTPUT=0
ACTION_OUTPUT_SHIFT=0

Faderport output button selects master track and deselects all other tracks. Shift+Output toggles master track visibility:
ACTION_OUTPUT=1
ACTION_OUTPUT_SHIFT=41209

Faderport output button gives faderport control of the master but does not deselect other tracks. Shift+Output toggles stereo/mono on the master track:
ACTION_OUTPUT=2
ACTION_OUTPUT_SHIFT=40917

Faderport output button displays the FXChain for the master track, Shift+Open toggles FX bypass for the master track.
ACTION_OUTPUT=40846
ACTION_OUTPUT_SHIFT=16

* Note that ACTION_OUTPUT=0, ACTION_OUTPUT=1 and ACTION_OUTPUT=2 are special values. All other values other than 0, 1, or 2 should be an action ID.

Pan Knob

PAN_SCROLLS_TRACKS

PAN_SCROLLS_TRACKS=0 (Default) Faderport behavior of pan L/R
PAN_SCROLLS_TRACKS=1 Pan knob scrolls back and forth through tracks.

* Slight caveat is you may want to select a track first or you'll have to twist the pan knob back and forth a couple of times for it to activate (will fix in the future). I expect to find a bug or annoyance here because possible conditions get a bit complex with scrolling and updating the faderport fader etc. Otherwise, working OK as a beta. Here's a video of the pan knob in action:



You'll need to restart Reaper after making the change or go to the select Faderport XT control surface in preferences click Edit then immediately click OK without making any changes. This will force a reload of the INI file without having to restart Reaper. I performed few quick tests in both Reaper 32 bit and 64 bit and seemed to work.

Here is the latest build: https://stash.reaper.fm/10643/FaderPortXT.zip

Includes preliminary support for the output button light.

Once it is working properly (needs testing by all of us) I'll update the Stash version. Please use the existing installation instructions in the first post or readme file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip FaderPortXT_2012_Beta_1.zip (431.1 KB, 262 views)

Last edited by karbomusic; 05-10-2013 at 06:07 PM.
karbomusic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:31 PM   #48
BorsingPhoto
Human being with feelings
 
BorsingPhoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Fayetteville, TN
Posts: 150
Default

Once it is working properly (needs testing by all of us) I'll update the Stash version. Please use the existing installation instructions in the first post or readme file. I might be able to get the pan knob to scroll back and forth through tracks but I can't promise yet because I haven't reviewed that section of the code yet.[/QUOTE]

Domo Arigato, I'll give it a go once I played around with it enough to comprehend more about it
__________________
BorsingStudios.com represents aspiring new talents on a budget by offering studio time/on-line marketing support in the true "spirit of Cockos".
BorsingPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:39 PM   #49
karbomusic
Human being with feelings
 
karbomusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 24,312
Default

Quote:

Domo Arigato, I'll give it a go once I played around with it enough to comprehend more about it
See the problem I just found above in red. More work to do but at least the Output button is mostly configurable until I can do more.
karbomusic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:40 PM   #50
BorsingPhoto
Human being with feelings
 
BorsingPhoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Fayetteville, TN
Posts: 150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbomusic View Post
See the problem I just found above in red. More work to do but at least the Output button is mostly configurable until I can do more.
personally I'm not in a hurry, to busy educating myself using Reaper, planning my project studio / new website and enjoying life in general
__________________
BorsingStudios.com represents aspiring new talents on a budget by offering studio time/on-line marketing support in the true "spirit of Cockos".
BorsingPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:53 PM   #51
karbomusic
Human being with feelings
 
karbomusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 24,312
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorsingPhoto View Post
personally I'm not in a hurry, to busy educating myself using Reaper, planning my project studio / new website and enjoying life in general
Fixed. Uploading in a moment.
karbomusic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:58 PM   #52
BorsingPhoto
Human being with feelings
 
BorsingPhoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Fayetteville, TN
Posts: 150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbomusic View Post
Fixed. Uploading in a moment.
Super, and thank you for all your help. I might force myself asleep tonight though (or not, one of the advantages of being your own, ER, BOSS )
__________________
BorsingStudios.com represents aspiring new talents on a budget by offering studio time/on-line marketing support in the true "spirit of Cockos".
BorsingPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:13 PM   #53
karbomusic
Human being with feelings
 
karbomusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 24,312
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorsingPhoto View Post
Super, and thank you for all your help. I might force myself asleep tonight though (or not, one of the advantages of being your own, ER, BOSS )
Done. I updated the original post to reflect the changes. Take your time, its just something I needed to get done and I didn't want to leave the half working version posted.

Code:
ACTION_OUTPUT=0             <-- Default Faderport behavior
ACTION_OUTPUT=1             <-- Select master track, deselect others.
ACTION_OUTPUT=2             <-- Give master faderport control, no deselect.
ACTION_OUTPUT=SomeActionID  <-- Run some action

Last edited by karbomusic; 12-01-2012 at 09:38 PM.
karbomusic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:36 PM   #54
BorsingPhoto
Human being with feelings
 
BorsingPhoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Fayetteville, TN
Posts: 150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbomusic View Post
Done. I updated the original post to reflect the changes. Take your time, its just something I needed to get done and I didn't want to leave the half working version posted.

Code:
ACTION_OUTPUT=0             <-- Default Faderport behavior
ACTION_OUTPUT=1             <-- Select Master Track
ACTION_OUTPUT=SomeActionID  <-- Run the action
Thank you I'll try it out, just got my FaderPort so I never really modified any of this before
__________________
BorsingStudios.com represents aspiring new talents on a budget by offering studio time/on-line marketing support in the true "spirit of Cockos".
BorsingPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:31 AM   #55
Brado231
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oz
Posts: 195
Default

Thanks Karbomusic!!!! Great work once again.

Just noticed this post so I will download it and test it straight away.
Brado231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:45 AM   #56
karbomusic
Human being with feelings
 
karbomusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 24,312
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brado231 View Post
Thanks Karbomusic!!!! Great work once again.

Just noticed this post so I will download it and test it straight away.
No problem... Just an FYI you'll want to add those entries manually to your existing INI file if you previouisly customized it:

ACTION_OUTPUT
ACTION_OUTPUT_SHIFT
PAN_SCROLLS_TRACKS

Additionally all of the =0 settings don't change anything and keep the default behavior. If you haven't modified the ini file previously you can probably just copy the one in the attachment which already has the new ones and change the values to suit.

Next time around I may add the ability where shift+pan pans tracks otherwise just pan. Not sure yet, need to get the exisiting new stuff signed off on as working etc.

Last edited by karbomusic; 12-03-2012 at 11:57 AM.
karbomusic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:34 PM   #57
BorsingPhoto
Human being with feelings
 
BorsingPhoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Fayetteville, TN
Posts: 150
Default

Once it is working properly (needs testing by all of us) I'll update the Stash version. Please use the existing installation instructions in the first post or readme file.[/QUOTE]

Cool addons
__________________
BorsingStudios.com represents aspiring new talents on a budget by offering studio time/on-line marketing support in the true "spirit of Cockos".
BorsingPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:10 PM   #58
BorsingPhoto
Human being with feelings
 
BorsingPhoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Fayetteville, TN
Posts: 150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorsingPhoto View Post
Once it is working properly (needs testing by all of us) I'll update the Stash version. Please use the existing installation instructions in the first post or readme file.
Cool addons [/QUOTE]

Got some mixed results as I edited/restarted Reaper. The most obvious one is that output=2 doesn't toggle and/or light the output button, default behavior does, it's more than likely that I missed something since I received my fader a only few days ago..
__________________
BorsingStudios.com represents aspiring new talents on a budget by offering studio time/on-line marketing support in the true "spirit of Cockos".
BorsingPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:17 PM   #59
karbomusic
Human being with feelings
 
karbomusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 24,312
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorsingPhoto View Post
Cool addons

Got some mixed results as I edited/restarted Reaper. The most obvious one is that output=2 doesn't toggle and/or light the output button, default behavior does, it's more than likely that I missed something since I received my fader a only few days ago..
Actually, I may have forgotten to light it. Thanks for the heads up I'll try to take a look when I can.

Last edited by karbomusic; 12-03-2012 at 09:25 PM.
karbomusic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:54 PM   #60
BorsingPhoto
Human being with feelings
 
BorsingPhoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Fayetteville, TN
Posts: 150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbomusic View Post
Actually, I may have forgotten to light it. Thanks for the heads up I'll try to take a look when I can.
Oh dear, we can't have that now can we? I take it's in the DLL file?

In any sense of my devotion to progress, I've forgotten more than I care to remember

Sir Carl - "Lux mundi"
__________________
BorsingStudios.com represents aspiring new talents on a budget by offering studio time/on-line marketing support in the true "spirit of Cockos".
BorsingPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:41 AM   #61
yhertogh
Human being with feelings
 
yhertogh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Belgium
Posts: 1,461
Default

Hey Karbo,

Thanks for dragging this along. At least you have a faderport so you can test yur builds.

A useful addition might be to create a totally standalone dll for only the faderport, like i've done for the VS2480.

Yves
yhertogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:03 AM   #62
karbomusic
Human being with feelings
 
karbomusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 24,312
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yhertogh View Post
Hey Karbo,

Thanks for dragging this along. At least you have a faderport so you can test yur builds.

A useful addition might be to create a totally standalone dll for only the faderport, like i've done for the VS2480.

Yves
Hi yhertogh,

It would be quite difficult for me without the unit, especially when debugging to see which commands are actually coming from the device etc.

Good point on the dll, I'll do that in the near future. Thanks for reminding me I could do this.
karbomusic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:46 PM   #63
BorsingPhoto
Human being with feelings
 
BorsingPhoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Fayetteville, TN
Posts: 150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbomusic View Post
Hi yhertogh,

It would be quite difficult for me without the unit, especially when debugging to see which commands are actually coming from the device etc.

Good point on the dll, I'll do that in the near future. Thanks for reminding me I could do this.
I got an issue with my faderport after following Presonus advice to update it's firmware, fader stopped working.. I managed to find another firmware version which restored the fader but now when I pause by pressing play a second time and rewind the audio scrub doesn't work anymore... Anyone here followed their stupid advice lately?
__________________
BorsingStudios.com represents aspiring new talents on a budget by offering studio time/on-line marketing support in the true "spirit of Cockos".
BorsingPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:41 AM   #64
BorsingPhoto
Human being with feelings
 
BorsingPhoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Fayetteville, TN
Posts: 150
Default Fixed it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorsingPhoto View Post
I got an issue with my faderport after following Presonus advice to update it's firmware, fader stopped working.. I managed to find another firmware version which restored the fader but now when I pause by pressing play a second time and rewind the audio scrub doesn't work anymore... Anyone here followed their stupid advice lately?
I think (therefore I am) Not sure what it was.. Messed around with the faderport dll's and got the audio scrub back, I know it's not a jog wheel, rather a weird issue really begging/teasing me for an answer or something rather.. One which I btw can't give, anyways I suppose I'm much like most people, I love it when it works
__________________
BorsingStudios.com represents aspiring new talents on a budget by offering studio time/on-line marketing support in the true "spirit of Cockos".
BorsingPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:02 AM   #65
Travst
Human being with feelings
 
Travst's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 52
Default

Unfortunately, the Faderport doesn't seem to get any real support from Presonus. Visiting their forums makes that very apparent. When I bought mine, it would not work with Reaper. Or Studio One. Or Ableton. I loaded up the old firmware (more than once) and finally got everything working. GREAT product with lousy software and support.
__________________
I need more practice, not more gear.
Travst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:32 AM   #66
karbomusic
Human being with feelings
 
karbomusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 24,312
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travst View Post
Unfortunately, the Faderport doesn't seem to get any real support from Presonus. Visiting their forums makes that very apparent. When I bought mine, it would not work with Reaper. Or Studio One. Or Ableton. I loaded up the old firmware (more than once) and finally got everything working. GREAT product with lousy software and support.
What makes it confusing is the very latest firmware breaks faderport's fader interactivity with Reaper and other apps. It is completely fixable but you have to hunt down an additional fix that fixes that issue. Or... stick with the original firmware. I'll look up the links later so everyone will be aware.

@BorsingPhoto:

I just fixed the Output light last night (well some of it) but need to test further before updating the beta attachment above. Basically it now works like this:

If configured as ACTION_OUTPUT=0 Or ACTION_OUTPUT=2 the output light comes on and stays on while the master track is selected. This works whether you press the output button, scroll tracks to the master via pan knob or just simply click on the master in reaper. Basically if the master has focus the light is on. This way, even if you are in the TCP and the master is hidden, you know if faderport has control of it etc... I may tweak this slightly since =2 may not apply. Toggling the light may work but a little more intensive based on how the midi commands are sent to update the light. Will update as I know more but may just leave it off for =2.
karbomusic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:47 PM   #67
BorsingPhoto
Human being with feelings
 
BorsingPhoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Fayetteville, TN
Posts: 150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbomusic View Post
What makes it confusing is the very latest firmware breaks faderport's fader interactivity with Reaper and other apps. It is completely fixable but you have to hunt down an additional fix that fixes that issue. Or... stick with the original firmware. I'll look up the links later so everyone will be aware.

@BorsingPhoto:

I just fixed the Output light last night (well some of it) but need to test further before updating the beta attachment above. Basically it now works like this:

If configured as ACTION_OUTPUT=0 Or ACTION_OUTPUT=2 the output light comes on and stays on while the master track is selected. This works whether you press the output button, scroll tracks to the master via pan knob or just simply click on the master in reaper. Basically if the master has focus the light is on. This way, even if you are in the TCP and the master is hidden, you know if faderport has control of it etc... I may tweak this slightly since =2 may not apply. Toggling the light may work but a little more intensive based on how the midi commands are sent to update the light. Will update as I know more but may just leave it off for =2.
Downloaded the FaderPortXT_2012_Beta_1.zip but no light when Master is selected however. toggling last sel track / master with the out put button is what I'd like to see, still great work and much appreciated.
__________________
BorsingStudios.com represents aspiring new talents on a budget by offering studio time/on-line marketing support in the true "spirit of Cockos".
BorsingPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:52 PM   #68
karbomusic
Human being with feelings
 
karbomusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 24,312
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorsingPhoto View Post
Downloaded the FaderPortXT_2012_Beta_1.zip but no light when Master is selected however.
Havent updated the link yet.

Quote:
toggling last sel track / master with the out put button is what I'd like to see, still great work and much appreciated.
Yep, worked on it some the other day. Maybe it'll show up next time I have some real time to work on it but it gets complicated when multiple selected tracks are involved.
karbomusic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:11 PM   #69
BorsingPhoto
Human being with feelings
 
BorsingPhoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Fayetteville, TN
Posts: 150
Default

[QUOTE=karbomusic;1081878]Havent updated the link yet.


ROTFLMAO
__________________
BorsingStudios.com represents aspiring new talents on a budget by offering studio time/on-line marketing support in the true "spirit of Cockos".
BorsingPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:08 AM   #70
Travst
Human being with feelings
 
Travst's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 52
Default

Karbo, you would be a net hero if you posted a good fix for the firmware issue. I even went so far as to replace the fader on my (used) unit before finding the fix after a few hours of research and experimentation.

Anyone wanna buy a perfectly good, slightly used fader?
__________________
I need more practice, not more gear.
Travst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:31 AM   #71
karbomusic
Human being with feelings
 
karbomusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 24,312
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travst View Post
Karbo, you would be a net hero if you posted a good fix for the firmware issue. I even went so far as to replace the fader on my (used) unit before finding the fix after a few hours of research and experimentation.

Anyone wanna buy a perfectly good, slightly used fader?
This is it: http://support.presonus.com/entries/...fader-solution

So just to make sure we are on the same page. I updated to the latest firmware, fader busted, intalled the firmware update/fix above, fader started working again.
karbomusic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:53 PM   #72
Travst
Human being with feelings
 
Travst's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 52
Default

Wow.... I am surprised there is a newer installer. I wonder why it didn't come up in all my searches and hanging about the Presonus forums. Is there any functionality that would benefit me by installing the new firmware?
__________________
I need more practice, not more gear.

Last edited by Travst; 12-06-2012 at 02:59 PM.
Travst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:42 PM   #73
karbomusic
Human being with feelings
 
karbomusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 24,312
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travst View Post
Is there any functionality that would benefit me by installing the new firmware?
I do not know. I forget why I installed it, but then I regretted doing so, then I hunted down the fix, then I reflected back on the fact that it was just fine with the older working firemware.
karbomusic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:46 PM   #74
karbomusic
Human being with feelings
 
karbomusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 24,312
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorsingPhoto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by karbomusic View Post
Havent updated the link yet.

ROTFLMAO
Updated as of a couple mintues ago with preliminary output button light support. Toggle has not been added yet. Only lights up when the master is selected.
karbomusic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:43 AM   #75
DuX
Human being with feelings
 
DuX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Underworld
Posts: 1,091
Default

Thank you so much karbomusic for your work on FaderPortXT dll. These new functions could be really useful. Especially all of them. LOL

I really like the idea of selecting the master out with the output button, and the idea of "driving through" channels with the pan pot is excellent, too! Even though we can wade quicker [8 by 8] through channels with bank + <> buttons.
__________________
Goodnight, thank you, and may your God go with you.
DuX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:32 PM   #76
BorsingPhoto
Human being with feelings
 
BorsingPhoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Fayetteville, TN
Posts: 150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbomusic View Post
Updated as of a couple mintues ago with preliminary output button light support. Toggle has not been added yet. Only lights up when the master is selected.
I think I'm going to have a brighter X-Mas now that I see the Output light switch on while master is selected,
Now if only I knew why on earth Sony claim that the Presonus Faderport is supported from vegas "pro" V9? when in fact not a darn thing happens what so ever, besides Vegas "Blow" V12 doesn't even install here.. Could it be that Sony is joining "forces? with Avid.. Let's ring in the new year by disgracing the word "pro" a bit more?

Carry on, Jolly good my dear Chap! - "Im 'optationi lucida X-poteras" - Sir Carl
__________________
BorsingStudios.com represents aspiring new talents on a budget by offering studio time/on-line marketing support in the true "spirit of Cockos".

Last edited by BorsingPhoto; 12-08-2012 at 11:43 PM.
BorsingPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:51 AM   #77
DuX
Human being with feelings
 
DuX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Underworld
Posts: 1,091
Default

This last beta dll works rather fine here for quite some time now. Have anybody found any issues with it?

The only thing I find a little bit annoying is that some lights stay lit randomly when I quit Reaper. Usually the "Output" button. But I can absolutely live with that. LOL

Thank you so much for making this driver. Cheers!!!
__________________
Goodnight, thank you, and may your God go with you.
DuX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:51 AM   #78
BorsingPhoto
Human being with feelings
 
BorsingPhoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Fayetteville, TN
Posts: 150
Default

[QUOTE=DuX;1087874]This last beta dll works rather fine here for quite some time now. Have anybody found any issues with it?

I've been busy tuning the tremolo system/action on a new electric guitar so I haven't had time to mess with the uploaded Beta yet. I did notice the light toggles on/off but I do wish it could return to the previously selected track when "Output" is toggled of again. "mundus est umquam satis" - Sir Carl
__________________
BorsingStudios.com represents aspiring new talents on a budget by offering studio time/on-line marketing support in the true "spirit of Cockos".
BorsingPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:11 PM   #79
esosotericmetal
Human being with feelings
 
esosotericmetal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 371
Default

I take it this is for windows only? Is there any way to get this functionality with a faderport on a mac?
esosotericmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:43 PM   #80
karbomusic
Human being with feelings
 
karbomusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 24,312
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by esosotericmetal View Post
I take it this is for windows only? Is there any way to get this functionality with a faderport on a mac?
It may be possible to compile for mac but I'm not sure how. I'll poke around the next chance I get but it may or may not be possible.
karbomusic is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.