Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Feature Requests

Old 11-14-2018, 05:19 AM   #1
Vagelis
Human being with feelings

Default Containers for Audio-Midi items and AI.

Today i came up with an idea to insert items or AI inside a container box(don't know how to call it better).
What i mean is e.g when i have multiple AI automation lanes stacked,would be nice to choose any of them and add them to a container box that could look like normal items with the ability to move them around and if possible to treat them like normal items.(fade-stretch-split etc).
When the layers are moved inside,you see only the first one but with the difference that you can change their order individually forward and backward with two arrows that appear on the edges of the container box making it great tool for experimenting.And same thing goes for multiple audio-midi takes.
An extra great scenario would be to change their playable order automatically with a list(1,3,2,5,7) and the speed to trigger them!This way it can be similar to Ableton's clips but even better!
Also i'd like to add to have the option to pull the items out of the container anytime you don't want them "contained"

Last edited by Vagelis; 11-14-2018 at 06:19 AM.
Vagelis is offline   Reply With Quote