Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2019, 10:34 PM   #1
BrandonBass77
Human being with feelings

Default Need help recording certain bass

Hi all,

I have a Yamaha TRBX305 bass guitar (see attached pic, red bass 5-string) that I play on quite a bit. I'm relatively new to using Reaper and have run into a bit of a snag.

This bass is the only one I own that I had bought new. I've noticed that when I record my other 4 basses (all bought used and thus have some mileage, one is even a white version of the same model as attached), I have no issues with setting levels and recording into Reaper with no clipping in the transients. However, when I record with this red bass in particular, it seems that despite how low I may adjust my input levels as well as the volume knob on the bass itself and how gently I play, I still encounter issues where the bass appears to be clipping as I record. Again, none of my other basses do this.

I use a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 for my interface with my bass recording always running into Input 2 with the switch right below set to "Line" (see attachments)

Would anyone have any suggestions for what I could do for this? Would love to make awesome recordings with this bass and I love using Reaper.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TRBX305 red, 5-string.jpg (48.2 KB, 111 views)
File Type: jpg Focusrite Scarlett 2i2.jpg (30.7 KB, 105 views)

Last edited by BrandonBass77; 08-13-2019 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Failed to upload Scarlett 2i2 upon initial posting
BrandonBass77 is offline   Reply With Quote