Old 12-04-2015, 02:53 AM   #1
dmoss74
Human being with feelings

Default an open letter to MIDI.

dear MIDI,

i understand what you could potentially be, and how useful you 'should' be; but i--for one--am tired of bashing my brains in, attempting to get you to cooperate with my goals.

i no longer can suffer through your:

constant dropped/added notes

constant dropped/or added effects

totally unsaved preferences in things like kontakt, or any other ni vst, for that matter: even after repeated cntrl s maneuvers.

horn (or strings) arrangements that take on a life of their own, on playback, or rendering.

it really leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth. i wish i had access to a wellspring of musicians, but this was supposed to tie me over, until i did.

it's no fun spending countless hours correcting (or attempting to) midi errors, on tracks that took less then thirty minutes to step write. hell, this took so long that i didn't even spend any time trying to eg/mix anything.

but i will say; i don't blame cockos as much as i blame ni. at least within my anecdotal experiences.

regardless, here's my last effort i will try, that isn't more than 75% audio. hell, addictive drums is the only vst/midi instrument that hasn't made my life--at times--miserable.

https://app.box.com/s/7te44xi39n02uqsm5pvrxr34g003sjbj

yes, this tune is long, but if you had any idea of how much more time i had to spend on the midi glitches, vs the actual recording (which was a very short time), you'd sense my frustration.

and ftr, this latest horn section(s) isn't the original. i just gave up, after it lost my first two efforts. a d ose, midi.

Last edited by dmoss74; 12-04-2015 at 07:20 PM.
dmoss74 is offline   Reply With Quote