Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 12-26-2017, 10:07 AM   #1
kneipp123
Human being with feelings

Default midi cc list for reasamplomatic?

hello there,

i would like to use the reacontrol midi to control the a d s r , pitch and volume of several instances of reasamplomatic. so i chopped some drum sounds and put them in separate instances of rs5 (on the same track) and then i put reacontrol midi on the top. and i can now control the pitch, but none of the other controls seem to work (volume / pan etc)

does anyone know if there exist a list of what the different cc values are for in rs5? i would like to control adsr and volume, and maybe also start and end points of multiple samples as the same time.

any help is appreciated, cheers!
kneipp123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 01:20 PM   #2
ivansc

Standard MIDI control codes don't cover what you want to change, so you would have to be looking at sysexes (if indeed they are available in RSAM) or failing that use MIDI learn.
I am no expert on this aspect of MIDI but someone else who is will prolly set you straight RSN.
Old 12-26-2017, 06:57 PM   #3
kneipp123

ok thanks, i did find this and managed to set it up to do what i wanted. to case closed maybe
http://www.admiralbumblebee.com/musi...th-faders.html

i have no idea how sysex works, so any info on that or other ways to control parameters of the rs5 is interesting.

thanks
Old 12-27-2017, 03:14 AM   #4
ivansc

Glad you got sorted. Unfortunately SYSTEM EXCLUSIVES are just that - exclusive to whatever hardware or hardware emulation in the case of a vsti you are trying to control.

Roland put out a free MIDI handbook that covers the basics of just about everything MIDI including sysex and sneaky stuff like LSB, MSB and err... I forget - its so long since I needed to use it, but you get the picture.
Get in touch with a roland dealer and see if they can give you a copy or a url to a .pdf of it.

Last edited by ivansc; 12-27-2017 at 03:15 AM. Reason: MIDI instead of MODO!!! My typing sucks....
ivansc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 05:27 AM   #5
kneipp123

thanks. i will if i get stuck. i think im happy with for the moment
Old 12-28-2017, 03:19 AM   #6
ivansc

Tghis is something of a knotty situation & especially if you didnt start MIDI until VSTis became more the norm than hardware external synths.

It would really help your background understanding of the whole MIDI "thing" if you could get yourself a copy of that booklet.
I have looked on the web before for a really good beginners MIDI guide and didnt find anything else as well written and concise.

It still doesnt cover everything but at least once you understand the basics you have a solid grounding for learning the rest piecemeal.