Old 01-04-2019, 05:17 PM   #161
Eliseat
Human being with feelings

Oh, I'm so sorry. This is kind of embarrassing as I thought for some reason that this would update via reapack. I installed the latest version and everything is fine now.

Sorry for the trouble.
Eliseat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 01:55 AM   #162
mrelwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliseat View Post
Mothercomp just sends something at full level over channel 3+4
Ah, that is a test signal that I forgot to turn off. I think I’ll check all my plugins for the same issue.

Edit: StereOpposition and Sky had the same leftovers. Now removed for new versions, no other updates. Thanks for reporting!

Last edited by mrelwood; 01-05-2019 at 02:20 AM.
mrelwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 07:06 PM   #163
mrelwood

Ain't forgetting you guys, working several hours every day to get the new stuff ready.

I realized that StereOpposition was missing a crucial section. Can't believe I missed it for so long!

StereOpposition 0.95 available!
- Added Mid/Side balance adjustment
- Various small graphics and UI fixes improvements

Hope you like it!
Old 01-16-2019, 08:37 PM   #164
JamesPeters

Nice update! I also just noticed the continuous rotation feature, which keeps the rotation going "on its own". It has a graphics glitch though. The "gap" in the circle, after it reaches the bottom (during automatic continuous rotation), starts spazzing out and appearing at different locations in the circle. If you can't reproduce I can make a short video.
Old 01-17-2019, 02:49 AM   #165
Eliseat

mrelwood, great update! I just recognized the auto spinning function in sterOpposition. Very cool!

May I ask what the § does? I didn't notice a change but I also listening only over Bluetooth headphones at the moment.

Many thanks and greetings from the semi dark Germany to the darkness of Finland. May the light come in spring time!
Old 01-17-2019, 01:26 PM   #166
MotionMindz

When trying to d/l StereoOpposition I get " You have been redirected to this stop page because the website you are trying to visit contains suspicious content."

??

Would you care to rewrite the stock plugins to an extent? Like better the GUI mainly and possibly adding some options. Because the stock ones are rather boring compared to most plugins.

Plus I would very much like a great Tape plugin in native reaper format.
MotionMindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 02:07 AM   #167
mrelwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPeters View Post
The "gap" in the circle, after it reaches the bottom (during automatic continuous rotation), starts spazzing out and appearing at different locations in the circle. If you can't reproduce I can make a short video.
Does the rotation continue otherwise? Audio, speaker icons, rotation value?

I have had the rotating disc "spazzing" on me also, but only when the audio device has been offline for a long time. Bringing everything online fixed it, so I couldn't reproduce and hunt.

If the Linux Reaper communicates differently with the audio device, causing this, I have to... think of something!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliseat View Post
May I ask what the § does?
The plugin has an integrated help function, just click the question mark. § adjusts the amount of Pan Law applied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotionMindz View Post
When trying to d/l StereoOpposition I get " You have been redirected to this stop page because the website you are trying to visit contains suspicious content."
That's a first! To clarify, can you browse the plugin page at https://mrelwood5.wixsite.com/plugins and when clicking to download the plugin, you get the redirect? Or can you access the above link at all? Which browsers give you this error?

Quote:
Would you care to rewrite the stock plugins to an extent?
Writing plugins is for me a hobby to use what little coding skills I have to make plugins I need for myself. Publishing them was a huge step for me. If you are talking about the ReaPlugs, rewriting them is not something I even remotely have the skills to do. And it doesn't sound like a fun hobby in a way that making my current plugins has been.

Quote:
Plus I would very much like a great Tape plugin in native reaper format.
As I have lately learned to code a few types of saturation, a saturation plugin might actually not be that bad of an idea. But I would have to have lots more experience using analog tape in order to call it anything tape related. But perhaps a saturation plugin could be in the pipes!
If you are not aware, Massey offers TapeHead Medium as a free GUI-less VST. I have used it a lot, especially when blended in only partially.
Old 01-18-2019, 02:30 AM   #168
JamesPeters

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrelwood View Post
Does the rotation continue otherwise? Audio, speaker icons, rotation value?

I have had the rotating disc "spazzing" on me also, but only when the audio device has been offline for a long time. Bringing everything online fixed it, so I couldn't reproduce and hunt.

If the Linux Reaper communicates differently with the audio device, causing this, I have to... think of something!
I had actually only noticed that while not playing any audio through the plugin. When I played audio through the plugin (even the slightest amount for instance -230 dB noise), that graphics glitch went away. Stopping audio playback through the plugin, the graphics glitch returns immediately. I'm using ALSA for audio.

Anyway I'm more concerned with the sound when it passes through center at the bottom of the rotation. If that's possible to be made "seamless", that would be nice. By the way, sometimes it doesn't produce an audible artifact, and sometimes it does. It seems to depend on the source audio. I haven't tested it much.
Old 01-19-2019, 09:02 AM   #169
mrelwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPeters View Post
I had actually only noticed that while not playing any audio through the plugin.
Good to hear. I’m afraid that’ll have to do for now. How the JS plugins process audio or graphics when disabled or inactive is a mystery to me.

Quote:
Anyway I'm more concerned with the sound when it passes through center at the bottom of the rotation.
I know, I know... That one irks me too. I haven’t figured out a way to do more than to align the phase jump to a zero crossing, which it currently does. Sometimes it’s enough to hide the glitch, sometimes not. I tried to emphasize in the plugin GUI that the Continuous Rotation is a beta feature. But I will announce horns blazing if I do figure that one out!