Old 01-17-2019, 07:55 PM   #1
Daisser
Human being with feelings

Default MIDI Editor Questions

I have two questions-

1- I just upgraded to the newest version of reaper from a relatively recent 5.X version (not sure which) and an option / setting changed in the MIDI Piano roll that I can't figure out how to change or work around.

Example - I have a MIDI piano roll open for an item I selected. I use shift or control to select additional tracks to display from the track menu on the right (all MIDI). It displays them all within the Piano Roll window but I can only select or move the original item that opened the window. There are situations where this is great, but I also want to the option to just select as many tracks from the right as I want and be able to edit, move ALL the notes displayed. I can only seem to do this if I highlight all the tracks from the main track view and open the editor. Thoughts?

2-Within the MIDI view I noticed several videos and tutorials have many more MIDI menu options then I have. I see the ways to add actions, but am curious if there's a default import for useful additional options without adding one by one. (I'm guessing CC drawing, arpeggio creation, default note size draw, etc..).

I hope I explained this well enough to answer, I couldn't find what I was looking for by searching the forums.
Daisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 04:20 PM   #2
hopi
Human being with feelings

to edit more than one item at the sametime, clk on little eyeball icon over at the right hand panel where you select tracks

as to the menus and toolbars for the midi editor that is something you customize by yourself...

and mostly has to be that way since only you know how you want them to be.... like what actions or scripts you have and want to show in menus or toolbars