Old 10-23-2018, 09:16 AM   #1
Zweizahn
Human being with feelings

Default Creative Sound Blaster ASIO

I'm using a Win10 laptop with USB card SoundblasterX G1. Using ASIO4ALL in Reaper works but then I can't watch e.g. YouTube at the same time, known issue.
When using "Creative Sound Blaster ASIO" Reaper is hanging. The readout on the top right corner is switching back and forth in rapid succession and I had to manually edit reaper.ini to get Reaper back working again.
Is there a way to get the Soundblaster ASIO to work with Reaper?

By the way, I installed the FL Studio demo and now I'm using "FL Studio ASIO" which works perfectly.
Zweizahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 11:20 PM   #2
drumphil
Human being with feelings

ASIO4ALL is taking control of your sound device and other programs can't use it at the same time. Most ASIO drivers work like that.

Technically ASIO4ALL is just a wrapper for the WDM drivers that are already in place.

Did you have other applications like a web browser open when you see the problem with the creative ASIO driver?

I'm pretty sure that the creative ASIO driver for their usb devices is playback only anyway.

If you really want to be able to run other apps that play audio at the same time as using reaper, try using WASAPI in shared mode instead of ASIO. Assuming your audio device works properly in WASAPI mode you should be good to go.

I doubt you will get very low latency with such an audio device regardless of which driver you use.
drumphil is offline   Reply With Quote