Old 03-07-2019, 04:08 PM   #1
sl23
Human being with feelings

Default Customizing Buttons & Icons

As suggested by Never, I have created this post for his generous offer of help with creating icons for my 'new' theme. A mod of AM Janne theme which has been edited by StarChaser. Janne has graciously given permission to share once finished, as long as the theme is free. No donations please.

Things will change considerably as this is an early work in progress.
But for those wishing to get a basic idea, here's a screenshot.

PS. I'm new to Reaper and theming so be gentle!

Last edited by sl23; 03-07-2019 at 05:53 PM.
sl23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 04:29 PM   #2
sl23
Human being with feelings

Some minor tweaks I would like to make to this theme are:

1. I assume the TCP is the Track Control Panel, which is the upper left field of the screen where tracks are named and have certain controls.
So, here I would like to Left Align all text fields and avoid the stretching of said fields. Or at least reduce where the right hand side of the text fields ends. Which basically makes them narrower.

2. The current position on the transport bar. Here I changed the font and it's size. But the size won't get any larger and it is currently too small in my opinion. How do I enlarge it.

3. I am thinking it maybe best to remove all the various layouts for now at least. Is it best to just leave them where they are or entirely remove the code and graphics? Not sure whether to keep these optional layouts or not. Any ideas or opinions?

4. If you look at Track 1 (which is actually numbered '2') I changed the background of the recorded audio. I would like to change it and make it darker but I cannot find the setting, which I believe is in the Theme Tweaker window.

5. There are also many colours in the Theme Tweaker with which I have no idea how to access the related functions in Reaper or their purpose. Some help here would be appreciated too.

6. The BPM TAP button highlights when hovered, but only when you hover over the word TAP, not when you hover over the numerical value. I'd like to adjust it so it highlights over either.

Thanks

Last edited by sl23; 03-07-2019 at 05:56 PM.
sl23 is offline   Reply With Quote