Old 10-19-2021, 10:08 AM   #1
Lynx_TWO
Human being with feelings

Default [SOLVED] WavPack support?

Was wondering if it would be possible to include WavPack support in addition to FLAC. Main reason being that WavPack natively supports floating point formats for archiving / intermediate file support.

Features are as follows:
  • Compatible with virtually all audio data formats including 8, 16, 24, and 32-bit integer PCM; 32-bit float PCM; DSD audio; mono, stereo, and multichannel; sampling rates from 6 to 192 kHz (and non-standard rates) Handles all modern audio file formats including Microsoft WAV/BWF/RF64, Sony Wave64, Apple CAF, Philips DSDIFF, and Sony DSF (all with no size limitations) Multiplatform support including Windows, Linux, and OS X, plus a Flash decoder and encoder and a Silverlight decoder that can work virtually anywhere, and now a web-based audio converter that can decode WavPack files online DirectShow filters for Windows, plus full Unicode support on the Windows command-line Easily transcode from WavPack to WavPack with a single command (including tag copy) Unique hybrid mode (provides high quality lossy + "correction" file) Option to automatically verify every WavPack file when created Assembly language optimizations for x86, x64, and ARM Instantly seekable and streaming capable (and gapless) ReplayGain (including WavPack file scanner and compatible plugins) Uses ID3v1 and APEv2 tags for metadata (including ReplayGain) Error-tolerant block format conducive to hardware decoding Optional "asymmetrical" mode for improved compression MD5 audio checksums for verification and identification Hybrid mode operates as low as 2.25 bits/sample (or 196 kbps for CD audio) Dynamic noise shaping (dns) for optimum quality at lower hybrid bitrates Free and open source with easy to use C library API and unrestrictive license (BSD) Intuitive command line interface (with wildcards and destination directory) Small, efficient executable (no large programs or dlls to install) Java and C# decoders and encoders available Complete piping support

EDIT: and yes, I know anything above 24-bit for final delivery is overkill, but let’s face it, us humans LOVE overkill for so many things

Last edited by Lynx_TWO; 10-19-2021 at 01:51 PM. Reason: I'm an idiot, it's already supported, very last option in the list!
Lynx_TWO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 11:51 AM   #2
sonicowl

WavPack is already supported, since forever.
sonicowl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 01:49 PM   #3
Lynx_TWO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicowl View Post
WavPack is already supported, since forever.
OMG I'm an idiot, just saw it. Somehow totally never saw it! OK then, problem solved
Lynx_TWO is offline   Reply With Quote