Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 02-10-2024, 01:55 AM   #1321
smandrap
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfillion View Post
You can skip straight to step 2, installing via ReaPack will write over the previous file in UserPlugins.

(Unless you've renamed it to something else than default.)
provides virtual hug
Old 02-16-2024, 01:20 AM   #1322
zaibuyidao

Default Request for Localization Support in ReaPack

Hello,

I've been searching but couldn't find the ReaPack_Template.ReaperLangPack. I'm wondering if there's localization support available for ReaPack, or if there are any recommended approaches or solutions for implementing translations. Providing this support would greatly enhance the usability of ReaPack for non-English speakers, ensuring a more inclusive experience for all users. Any guidance or assistance in this matter would be highly appreciated. Thank you for your attention to this request.
zaibuyidao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 01:34 AM   #1323
cfillion

Most of what ReaPack displays is untranslatable user contents. For the relatively few strings built into ReaPack, adding localization support would be a lot of efforts with little gains: basic English skills would still be required to browse and use nearly all scripts&resources, since it's commonly used as an international language and localizing all packages is a non-starter.

(The tooling used for langpack generation in SWS is horrible, I'd have to write my own... If anyone is up to the task though, non-instrusive PRs welcome.)

Last edited by cfillion; 02-16-2024 at 01:55 AM.
cfillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 11:38 PM   #1324
mpl

Hello.
I do use "enable prerelease" and "install new packages automatically".
Also I have this runtime error issue at each start of REAPER for Ogler extension.

Can I somehow exclude installing this package even with "enable prerelease" and "install new packages automatically" checked ON?
mpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2024, 08:34 AM   #1325
chmaha

I have my ReaClassical Updater function that synchronizes ReaPack then performs two other optional tasks based on how the user answers: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ch...al_Updater.lua

Is there a recommended way to pause the lua script until the ReaPack sync completes? Obviously I could set number of seconds but that isn't desirable given there may be nothing to sync and based on user's download speeds will take a variable amount of time to complete...

Is there some value in a ReaPack file in the background that I could do a defer on until it is populated with a certain value? For example, on starting sync the value is 0/nil and then 1 for successful completion or -1 for fail? At present I have a standard OK button to move to the next stage but it's not ideal given stages 2 and 3 are reliant on up-to-date files from stage 1!