Old 10-23-2017, 01:03 PM   #1
upside24
Human being with feelings

Default Motherboard DEAD

Well, I had too much confidence in my capabilities of adding additional RAM to my laptop and evidently fried the motherboard. Lesson learned.

I am now shopping around for a new PC (don't need a laptop) and I'm curious to know if anyone here has one of these Samsung machines. It appears to have everything I would need and I might be able to get it for a decent discount too. Thoughts?

https://www.samsung.com/us/computing...a01us/#reviews
upside24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 12:09 AM   #2
ivansc

On the face of it, that looks like a pretty capable machine, but in terms of practicality, I am still using the case, power supply etc from my old Athlon build from years ago, same with the optical drive and some of the hard disks.
The form factor of that cute enclosure would seem to make updating/upgrading or replacing fried parts etc a little tricky.
Other thanb that, yes. Adequate USB etc., so why not have an Apple-alike if that floats yer boat?
Old 10-24-2017, 06:26 AM   #3
upside24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
On the face of it, that looks like a pretty capable machine, but in terms of practicality, I am still using the case, power supply etc from my old Athlon build from years ago, same with the optical drive and some of the hard disks.
The form factor of that cute enclosure would seem to make updating/upgrading or replacing fried parts etc a little tricky.
Other thanb that, yes. Adequate USB etc., so why not have an Apple-alike if that floats yer boat?
Thank you Ivan, I appreciate your feedback. I decided to jump on the Samsung, mainly because I was able to get this computer for under $1000 USD using a family discount. It's by far better a price than I could get building a machine and paying someone to install all the components and of course there is a warranty too. Hopefully Samsung will come up with a way to make upgrades easier in the future with this computer. I do appreciate your reply though.
upside24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 12:37 AM   #4
ivansc

At least it looks cool for any of your friends who are Apple Mac Pro nerds....