Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 02-16-2018, 03:09 PM   #1
hesnotthemessiah
Human being with feelings

Default Where is the data stored for user created plugin folders?

Using Windows 10. Can anyone tell me where the data is stored for the plugin folders that I have created within Reaper? I have been using the "Add Folder" option in the plugin list within Reaper to organise my plugins. I would hate to lose all this data including the names of these user created folders and what plugins I have allocated to them. I can see in the "AppData/Roaming/REAPER" folder that there is a "reaper-vstrenames64.ini" file where the data for renamed plugins is stored and I was hoping to find a similar .ini file for these new folders that I have created.
hesnotthemessiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 07:19 PM   #2
Edgemeal

reaper-fxfolders.ini

FYI, Reaper has option to export/import configs.
Edgemeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 06:25 AM   #3
hesnotthemessiah

Thanks for the info Edgemeal. My main concern was not to lose all the work I do assigning plugins to particular folders. I can now see that the reaper-fxfolders.ini file stores the names of the user created folders and also the location of the plugins that have been assigned to these folders.

I have seen the various export/import options within Reaper but have not found one to specifically export/import settings for user created plugin folders (the folder names and location of plugins assigned to these folders).

I guess I could just copy the end of the reaper-fxfolders.ini file, which contains the folder names and location of plugins assigned to these folders, save this as a text file and then paste if needed later.
hesnotthemessiah is offline   Reply With Quote