Default v5.79pre17 - April 14 2018

v5.79pre17 - April 14 2018
# MIDI editor: improve auto-zoom behaviors more

Finally got one after all this time! 😁
DeathByGuitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 08:27 PM   #2
Edgemeal
Human being with feelings

ME horizontal zoom still not restored to last used level when loading a saved project or ME is closed and reopened, vertical zoom level seems fine. (Pre14a worked better, never tried pre15).
Edgemeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 08:47 PM   #3
ovnis

The scroll works well randomly when we select item inside the arrangement editor. Sometimes the window scrolls and sometimes not... Sometimes the window scrolls but we can't see all the midi content.

In this exemple, I activate many times midi items inside the arrangement window and there is no scroll (other items are the same lenght than the item which is completly displayed).

When we active one midi editor inside the midi editor could it be possible to automatic scroll and zoom (to see all the content of the item) inside it ?

Last edited by ovnis; 04-14-2018 at 09:03 PM.
ovnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 08:49 PM   #4
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovnis View Post
zoom/scroll works well randomly when we select item inside the arrangement editor. Sometimes the window scrolls and sometimes not... Sometime the window scrolls but we can't see all the midi editor content.

When we active one midi editor inside the midi editor is it possible to automatic scroll and zoom (to see all the content of the item) inside it ?
If the item is partly visible it tries to avoid scrolling/zooming too much, to avoid losing context. In pre17b, you will be able to click the activate button of the item again to force it to rezoom.

Last edited by Justin; 04-14-2018 at 09:08 PM.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 08:50 PM   #5
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgemeal View Post
ME horizontal zoom still not restored to last used level when loading a saved project or ME is closed and reopened, vertical zoom level seems fine. (Pre14a worked better, never tried pre15).
pre17b is now up -- in it, opening the MIDI editor from the arrange should never adjust the zoom/scroll, unless that item is already the active MIDI context in the editor, in which case it will auto-zoom to to the item. So you doubleclick a MIDI item once to open the editor, then doubleclick it again if you want to see just that item.

Last edited by Justin; 04-14-2018 at 09:22 PM.
Old 04-14-2018, 09:35 PM   #6
Edgemeal

ME zoom levels working much better!
Edgemeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 09:53 PM   #7
ovnis

Quote:
If the item is partly visible it tries to avoid scrolling/zooming too much, to avoid losing context.
OK, it's a good idea to avoid losing context, but for me, it's more important to display all the content which want to see by clicking on an item.

So for me, item content>avoid losing content.

ovnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 10:14 PM   #8
FnA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
pre17b is now up -- in it, opening the MIDI editor from the arrange should never adjust the zoom/scroll, unless that item is already the active MIDI context in the editor, in which case it will auto-zoom to to the item. So you doubleclick a MIDI item once to open the editor, then doubleclick it again if you want to see just that item.
That seems like it will be nice relief in Project Sync mode. Thanks. (it does still shift on initial opening, sometimes in quite strange way, items might go right off screen...)
FnA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 12:17 AM   #9
EvilDragon

Quote:
I'd like it if it DID adjust the scroll, but not the zoom (doing auto-zoom on that additional double-click or select is fine by me, though).

Last edited by EvilDragon; 04-15-2018 at 01:04 AM.
EvilDragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 06:15 AM   #10
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
I'd like it if it DID adjust the scroll, but not the zoom (doing auto-zoom on that additional double-click or select is fine by me, though).
The open itself won’t adjust the scroll, but it should auto-scroll to have the edit cursor visible anyway...
Old 04-15-2018, 06:19 AM   #11
EvilDragon

Quote:
The open itself won’t adjust the scroll, but it should auto-scroll to have the edit cursor visible anyway...
I'd really like it if it did scroll. See GIF in 17b thread
EvilDragon is online now   Reply With Quote