Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 03-28-2016, 05:19 PM   #1
carlosbau
Human being with feelings

Default Analog Lab VST - MIDI inputs have no effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricSpace View Post
Hi,

I'm new to Reaper, sorry if this is a trivial FAQ. Arturia's AnalogLab as VST3 loads and sounds fine, and when I turn the knobs on the Minilab, in the VST display the knobs move - BUT they have no audible effect! Nothing really changes, even though the VST displays the control input correctly.

If I move the knobs in the VST display manually with the mouse, they work fine, though.

Am I missing some setting in Reaper or is this some weird glitch of Arturia's software?

AnalogLab version 1.2.4.126 / the latest version.
I am having the exact same problem and I think there is something wrong with Reaper because when I run the standalone Analog Lab it works fine.
carlosbau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 05:22 PM   #2
foxAsteria

I don't believe VST3 support in Reaper is complete at this point in time. Did you try the VST2 version instead? I'm not too sure what additional features are available in VST3 yet, but I haven't particularly noticed any differences.
Old 03-28-2016, 11:13 PM   #3
Tale

I haven't tried Analog Lab yet myself, but I guess this is the same issue as I am having with Solina V, VOX Continental V, and Matrix 12 V:

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=171338
Tale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 05:22 PM   #4
carlosbau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tale View Post
I haven't tried Analog Lab yet myself, but I guess this is the same issue as I am having with Solina V, VOX Continental V, and Matrix 12 V:

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=171338
It's probably the same issue, i have older versions of both Reaper and Analog Lab on my laptop and they're working fine there.

Another difference is that the OS installed on my laptop is Windows 7 while on my desktop (where the bug occurs) is Windows 10.
carlosbau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 09:00 AM   #5
Tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosbau View Post
Another difference is that the OS installed on my laptop is Windows 7 while on my desktop (where the bug occurs) is Windows 10.
I'm pretty sure I have originally tested this on both Win10 (100% sure) and Win7 (pretty sure).
Tale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 01:02 PM   #6
Justin
Administrator

I haven't looked at this VST in particular, but I dug into another Arturia plug-in on Tale's thread, and I believe it is a bug in their VST3 support.

Quote:
AFAICT this is a bug in Solina V.

In 5.0-5.04 we would notify the controller of parameters changing (via IEditController::setParamNormalized) from within the audio thread, which was problematic with various plug-ins (which would execute UI code in response to that method). 5.05pre1+ deferred notifying the controller to the UI thread.

In both cases, the component itself receives the parameter change in the audio via the sample accurate IParameterChanges instance in ProcessData. This is how Solina V *should* be using parameter changes for audio. Instead it only seems to be using the IEditController::setParamNormalized, and not handling it properly when called from the UI thread (updating the UI, but not updating the audio side).

My guess is that they did a quick VST2->VST3 wrapping that overlooked this subtlety.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 05:05 AM   #7
Twangothan

Good news on the crash following patch change problem from a support rep.

"The Analog Lab 2 will be released very soon and will replace Analog Lab 1.

The software have been built from scratch to avoid any issues that you can encounter with AL1.

For the people who own the controllers, the upgrade should be free and should obviously rectify these crashes."

On my Black Edition the knobs turn fine but my mate's version running in Logic they don't.
Twangothan is offline   Reply With Quote