Old 10-31-2009, 02:03 PM   #1
artgillespie
Human being with feelings

Default New

Hi, I'm new here.

I'm checking Reaper out this weekend and liking it quite a bit. But I've run into the following problem and I was hoping someone out there might have a fix.

I've set up my USB MIDI controller—a Korg Kontrol49—and enabled PORT A and PORT B in Reaper's preferences. Everything works fine for a while, but after a period of time I'll start getting an error dialog (see attached screenshot) every time I start the transport, and no midi gets from my keyboard to my tracks.

Restarting Reaper fixes it until it happens again.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Art

System Specs: iMac 24" 3.06 GHz Core 2 Duo 4 GB RAM/OS X 10.6.1/MOTU Ultralite/Korg Kontrol 49/Reaper v3.13(rev 9301)
Attached Images
File Type: png REAPER.png (38.0 KB, 272 views)
artgillespie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 10:09 PM   #2
cerberus
Human being with feelings

hi art;

it's my first weekend with reaper too; (and btw, it's great to see you again!).

i am here to improve my mastering work, specifically in the area of "sonic integrity".

in two days, i've found a lot of bugs and "operational discrepancies" in the mac version of reaper. it seems that
if i am to get any work done with reaper, it may require some extra effort and sacrifices, at least in the short term. it's
like half the app is compliant with mac protocols, and half isn't. so it isn't even quite like using a pc, just plain weird at times...

the only thing i've done with midi so far is hook up my foot pedal to control reaper's transport.
i have 2 midi devices going to a motu fastlane usb, so i also hooked up 2 ports. i didn't see the
problem you are having. but you seem to have 2 ports for one device. i'd try disabling port b.

jeff dinces

Last edited by cerberus; 11-01-2009 at 10:17 PM.
cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote