Old 04-29-2018, 05:03 AM   #5001
lb0
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by timboid View Post
Sorry if that was asked before, but is it somehow possible to use LBX Stripper to create a GUI code snippet that could be imserted into JSFX?
Hi,

No - that's a new question.

Technically - I guess something like you're asking would be possible - but there's no way Stripper currently would generate the necessary code. The main purpose of Stripper is to enable multiple plugins to be seen in a single interface - and not to add GUI interfaces to JSFX directly. But it's a great idea - just not something I probably have the time for.
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 05:48 AM   #5002
timboid

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Hi,

No - that's a new question.

Technically - I guess something like you're asking would be possible - but there's no way Stripper currently would generate the necessary code. The main purpose of Stripper is to enable multiple plugins to be seen in a single interface - and not to add GUI interfaces to JSFX directly. But it's a great idea - just not something I probably have the time for.
Thank you! LBX Stripper looks great as it is, I would study it more. But it would be great if somebody could do a utility for GUI generator for JSFX.
timboid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 06:06 AM   #5003
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcl View Post
Wow!

I cant believe I missed this.
Gonna dive in and check it out.
Have fun - feel free to ask any questions...

Message for everyone:

My internet is severely on the blink - most of the time it's not working at all - and at best it is ultra-slow. My ISP has said it will be fixed by Wednesday - so until then I may not be able to reply to many posts. I'll do what I can when it allows me! - heh - it's taken over an hour to get this post posted!!
Old 04-29-2018, 07:14 AM   #5004
timbralzoom

Quote:
Have fun - feel free to ask any questions...

Message for everyone:

My internet is severely on the blink - most of the time it's not working at all - and at best it is ultra-slow. My ISP has said it will be fixed by Wednesday - so until then I may not be able to reply to many posts. I'll do what I can when it allows me! - heh - it's taken over an hour to get this post posted!!
compulsory rest (kitchen stuff apart)
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 07:30 AM   #5005
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
compulsory rest (kitchen stuff apart)
Yep - although internet is working at this moment - but trying to get mist coat on old plaster at the moment - some of it's going on well - other bits are not taking well :/

back to it...
Old 04-29-2018, 11:20 AM   #5006
timbralzoom

Quote:
Yep - although internet is working at this moment - but trying to get mist coat on old plaster at the moment - some of it's going on well - other bits are not taking well :/

back to it...
that's cool! seems enough to make you busy!
and i can drop new wacky ideas here and runaway easily in this period

visual/cosmetic one:
a value "Show/Read Out Box" for selected controls..

just disable values in the control inspector (to save space for example)
add a Read Out box,
right click to select the controls (as like the Macro) done!
would great if mouse over shows the current values of the controls that under the mouse
but also would enough if works after just clicking to control..
Old 04-29-2018, 01:29 PM   #5007
lb0

Quote:
that's cool! seems enough to make you busy!
and i can drop new wacky ideas here and runaway easily in this period

visual/cosmetic one:
a value "Show/Read Out Box" for selected controls..

just disable values in the control inspector (to save space for example)
add a Read Out box,
right click to select the controls (as like the Macro) done!
would great if mouse over shows the current values of the controls that under the mouse
but also would enough if works after just clicking to control..
I get the mouse-over idea - something I've thought about before now - but you'll need to explain a little more about the right-click to select controls bit - confused me a little when you mention like the macro control. Is this supposed to show multiple value readouts??

Ah - maybe It's just clicked (sometimes takes a little while ) - like a control that will display value of another 'right-clicked' or hovered over control if it's in the list of controls contained within the value readout one..? (probably really badly described - sorry). Am I along the right-lines?
Old 04-29-2018, 03:37 PM   #5008
timbralzoom

Quote:
I get the mouse-over idea - something I've thought about before now - but you'll need to explain a little more about the right-click to select controls bit - confused me a little when you mention like the macro control. Is this supposed to show multiple value readouts??

Ah - maybe It's just clicked (sometimes takes a little while ) - like a control that will display value of another 'right-clicked' or hovered over control if it's in the list of controls contained within the value readout one..? (probably really badly described - sorry). Am I along the right-lines?
by right click .. so "as like Macro Control" i mean:
add controls to Read Out box like we add them to the Macro control..
so select the controls that you want to see in Read Out box..

when the mouse over the one of the selected control if value automatically appears in the box would great but if needs to click to control to show up also would fine to me..

i hope make sense

EDIT:
had a quick TOL moment

i think i made this unnecessary complicated with "right click to add as like Macro Control" etc.
after a little thinking on it,
probably it would more practical if works "GLOBAL" for all controls in the grid.. without selecting/adding them..?!

Last edited by timbralzoom; 04-29-2018 at 03:46 PM.
Old 04-29-2018, 03:42 PM   #5009
lb0

Quote:
by right click .. so "as like Macro Control" i mean:
add controls to Read Out box like we add them to the Macro control..
so select the controls that you want to see in Read Out box..

when the mouse over the one of the selected control if value automatically appears in the box would great but if needs to click to control to show up also would fine to me..

i hope make sense
Great idea. When I get the time (I know - motto ) - and done a few other things still awaiting completion - I'll add this. Mouse-over will hopefully be possible - as I think it would work best this way - besides - right-click is often used for menus for many control types and would be annoying for menu's to appear when you simply want to see the value.
Old 04-29-2018, 03:49 PM   #5010
timbralzoom

just edited my post
but great to hear that!
Old 04-29-2018, 04:13 PM   #5011
lb0

Quote:
just edited my post
but great to hear that!
I quite like the idea of specific controls - 'cos then they can be part of a strip that resembles a plugin - like some plugin interfaces have. But a global one would be simpler to develop. Even so - not so difficult - as like the PUC control type - that just reuses the macro code - so it's not so hard to add new controls with control learn capabilities. Maybe I'll do both

EDIT: Internet has been holding up this evening - not had any outages for a number of hours - although at one point it did slow down somewhat...
Old 04-29-2018, 05:25 PM   #5012
timbralzoom

Quote:
I quite like the idea of specific controls - 'cos then they can be part of a strip that resembles a plugin - like some plugin interfaces have. But a global one would be simpler to develop. Even so - not so difficult - as like the PUC control type - that just reuses the macro code - so it's not so hard to add new controls with control learn capabilities. Maybe I'll do both

EDIT: Internet has been holding up this evening - not had any outages for a number of hours - although at one point it did slow down somewhat...
"simpler to develop" exactly what i was hope when i say might be GLOBAL..
i am gonna be happy with one or both
since the internet OK no wacky one anymore! :-/
Old 04-30-2018, 04:37 AM   #5013
lb0

Quote:
"simpler to develop" exactly what i was hope when i say might be GLOBAL..
i am gonna be happy with one or both
since the internet OK no wacky one anymore! :-/
No no - keep 'em coming...

But I cannot promise when or in which order things'll get done - there are some things currently with high priority, then other stuff where the priority is decided by taking into account how easy it is - and what I'm feeling

But it will all get done sooner or later I hope. Just fed up of painting - which is taking over my life at the moment! Promise I'll be back with new updates soon...
Old 04-30-2018, 05:16 AM   #5014
timbralzoom

cool!
-motto-
&
be careful about the drips
Old 05-01-2018, 12:10 AM   #5015
MCCY

Hm. I have this crash message just after a while doing nothing in the project. I'm just testing, if this happens only when using LBX & SRD in combination.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg absturz_cr.jpg (15.5 KB, 157 views)
MCCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 12:20 AM   #5016
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCCY View Post
Hm. I have this crash message just after a while doing nothing in the project. I'm just testing, if this happens only when using LBX & SRD in combination.
Will look into - I had this recently when using large snapshots and a certain VST - it was Freestyle - which hosts other VSTs. The fix was to set that VST to record minimal undo states.

Never seen that issue otherwise - certainly not with Stripper. I probably use Smart Knobs less frequently - so will check over that.

But pretty sure it's not any of the scripts - but if possible - with your setup which caused the issue - keep the performance window at hand and keep an eye on the RAM use - especially when doing certain things.

Also keep an eye on Undo states - see if that list grows substantially at any time after doing something in particular.
Old 05-01-2018, 02:16 AM   #5017
MCCY

Thank you.

It happens independently from SRD.

It could have something to do with my arduino based selfmade midi footcontrollers which jump between small value differences all the time, which doesn't matter for live playing, but could this cause such a problem?

I try minimal undo states, ideed I am using gigantic snapshots for tracks with up to 33 vst plugins... bit it will be hard finding one which causes such problems :-(
Old 05-01-2018, 02:21 AM   #5018
lb0

Quote:
Thank you.

It happens independently from SRD.

It could have something to do with my arduino based selfmade midi footcontrollers which jump between small value differences all the time, which doesn't matter for live playing, but could this cause such a problem?

I try minimal undo states, ideed I am using gigantic snapshots for tracks with up to 33 vst plugins... bit it will be hard finding one which causes such problems :-(
Have you tested to check whether the undo states are increasing constantly. If you are able to confirm this - and narrow it down to which script might be causing all the undo-states to be added (most likely Stripper then - but good to be sure) - then you can check to be sure by switching off (temporarily) all undo history in preferences. If this eliminates the problem - then yes - it will be identifying which VST is causing the issue - and setting minimal undo states for those.

It's likely to be the VSTs that have most parameters assigned to snapshots though.

I may be able to programmatically reduce the undo states produced when recalling a snapshot - I'll test later...

EDIT:

Well - for me - even now it generally only creates a single undo state when recalling a snapshot. So maybe only some VSTs play up with this.... Will need to test further.

Last edited by lb0; 05-01-2018 at 02:49 AM.
Old 05-01-2018, 08:19 AM   #5019
MCCY

I set some plugins to minimal undo & set all samplebased instruments to seperate process (Reaper 32 on a machine with 16 gig). It seems to be stable now just using LBX, but even that would be ok if it's really stable now!
Old 05-01-2018, 08:23 AM   #5020
lb0

Quote:
I set some plugins to minimal undo & set all samplebased instruments to seperate process (Reaper 32 on a machine with 16 gig). It seems to be stable now just using LBX, but even that would be ok if it's really stable now!
Fingers crossed. Please update me if there continues to be any issues.
Old 05-01-2018, 01:11 PM   #5021
lb0

Quick update:

Have had a few hours to fiddle and do stuff Not the highest priority stuff yet as that will take more time than I've had but:

Timbral - in Track Edit -> Other controls - a new param value control (glob). You can guess what this is Just noticed - doh - needs a tweak to maintain the original formatting if you've changed things like decimal places etc - so will do that when I have a mo - but it works generally.

Another addition - mainly for myself this one as I thought the making of radio style buttons using cycle controls was a PITA.

So now - for stepped params - or parameters which have a number of options - if you would prefer them as radio buttons - simply create the cycle control - preferably with the Auto button - but this doesn't always work in all cases due to the way some parameters are implemented in the VSTs.

Anyway - for true stepped parameters - and parameters that might be continuous but pass out the correct display values for each step - the auto button will work. Once defined in the cycle-control - simply right-click in the cycle value list (you need to have a step selected) - then choose one of the Create Radio Button options. Please note - it often saves time to set the initial cycle control up with a 2 frame button graphic - to save time later - but it doesn't matter if you don't.

Voila - radio buttons

Now - with some VSTs I've noticed that even though a control might be stepped in the VST GUI - actually - the control is continuous AND doesn't output the actual value shown in the VST - the continuous value is output instead. An example of this is the SYNC parameter in Valhalla's FreqEcho plugin.

These controls need setting up differently - as the auto button in the cycle edit window simply grabs each continuous value and it makes no sense.

So instead - take an empty cycle control - add the appropriate number of steps (or can do one at a time if preferred).

Then highlight in the list the first step.

Then - in the plugin GUI - select the first value for the control.

Then - back in the cycle editor - Right-Click the knob control (at the top of the dialog). This will set the correct value for that step.

Repeat the above for all the other steps.

Remember to Save!

Once this is done - you can rename the steps as necessary.

Then create the radio buttons as before. Doing it this way ensures that the buttons in Stripper follow any changes made in the plugin GUI as well. If you did it the old manual way by dragging the knob in the cycle editor - then capturing the value from that knob - it would still work ok within Stripper - but any changes in the plugin GUI itself - will not update the value shown in stripper properly.

If you can use the auto button method above - this also should work and maintain the correct value if the param is changed in plugin GUI as well.

I need to make a video really to explain better - but hopefully this description will at least help for now...

Please note - the AUTO method now uses a range to identify each step - so any pre-existing cycle-controls will need to be relearned if you want to make proper working radio buttons from them. The controls should still work fine in Stripper - but if they are relearned - they will work better when anything changes from the plugin GUI itself.

EDIT: one final thing - cycle controls should almost always have pos to frame ticked. The second tick box next to it is an invert button - so helpful with radio buttons if the button graphic frames need inverting.

Last edited by lb0; 05-01-2018 at 01:17 PM.
Old 05-01-2018, 01:14 PM   #5022
lb0

Oh - one more little thing - in CTL OPTIONS 1 - next to the def val slider is a tickbox. unticking the box disables the default value for that control - so double-clicking (or ctrl+click depending on your prefs) will no longer set the default value. Useful for things like cycle controls where you want to be able to quickly click through the list of values.
Old 05-01-2018, 01:29 PM   #5023
rluka

Just a small request: Is it possible to have the "settings" window free floating so that it can be separated from LBX stripper?
Im not a programmer so not sure if this is even possible!!!
Thanks
Ron L
Old 05-01-2018, 01:34 PM   #5024
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rluka View Post
Just a small request: Is it possible to have the "settings" window free floating so that it can be separated from LBX stripper?
Im not a programmer so not sure if this is even possible!!!
Thanks
Ron L
Something I'd love to do easily - but there's no way within a single script to have two graphics windows.

A way that would work would be to use a separate script to deal with settings - which I'll contemplate on - but it's quite a lot of work to separate it all out. Something I'll certainly consider though for the future.
Old 05-01-2018, 08:57 PM   #5025
timbralzoom

Thank you so much!

quick test:

Right clicking the knob control:
-- opens Console output
-- i get this once but couldn't reproduce yet
LBX Stripper.lua:9572: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value (field 'val')

plus nerdy info for specific to Valhalla Freq Echo..
in my version 1.0.5 (W7 x64)
Sync " 1/4* " has strange issue..
i have to select (in the gui/dropdown list) 1/4* twice to see the value in the plugin gui..
(selecting first time in the dropdown list shows 1/8* .. selecting second time shows correct 1/4*)
so, do not get confused while creating Radio Buttons
finally also needs 24 steps .. seems there is one hidden "0" as a first step & you can delete later.
end of the nerdy stuff

Radio Button - basic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG0o...ature=youtu.be

EDIT:
vid. is very simple one and reflects what i understand so far..
so please let me know if i skip something!

Last edited by timbralzoom; 05-01-2018 at 10:45 PM.
Old 05-01-2018, 11:48 PM   #5026
lb0

Quote:
Thank you so much!

quick test:

Right clicking the knob control:
-- opens Console output
-- i get this once but couldn't reproduce yet
LBX Stripper.lua:9572: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value (field 'val')

plus nerdy info for specific to Valhalla Freq Echo..
in my version 1.0.5 (W7 x64)
Sync " 1/4* " has strange issue..
i have to select (in the gui/dropdown list) 1/4* twice to see the value in the plugin gui..
(selecting first time in the dropdown list shows 1/8* .. selecting second time shows correct 1/4*)
so, do not get confused while creating Radio Buttons
finally also needs 24 steps .. seems there is one hidden "0" as a first step & you can delete later.
end of the nerdy stuff

Radio Button - basic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG0o...ature=youtu.be

EDIT:
vid. is very simple one and reflects what i understand so far..
so please let me know if i skip something!
Wow - thanks Timbral for the video. Nearly perfect, but there is a better way I think (at least works for me) - of doing the freqecho one.

It's slower - but works better.

For EACH step in the cycle editor - 7

- first select the step.

- then in PLUGIN GUI - select the value for the step.

- then back in cycle editor - RIGHT-CLICK the grey knob.

Repeat above steps for all other cycle steps.

For me - the auto method did not work well with this plugin.
Old 05-02-2018, 12:48 AM   #5027
timbralzoom

Quote:
Wow - thanks Timbral for the video. Nearly perfect, but there is a better way I think (at least works for me) - of doing the freqecho one.

It's slower - but works better.

For EACH step in the cycle editor - 7

- first select the step.

- then in PLUGIN GUI - select the value for the step.

- then back in cycle editor - RIGHT-CLICK the grey knob.

Repeat above steps for all other cycle steps.

For me - the auto method did not work well with this plugin.
strange.. just tried manual way you mentioned via right click didn't work for me
adds same values to some steps..
anyway ..
this is the trial error thing that depends on the plugins i guess..to me nothing important..
just in case
i always enter the steps first (if countable in the gui) and then press to auto ..
works with no problem so far.
Old 05-02-2018, 02:23 AM   #5028
lb0

Quote:
strange.. just tried manual way you mentioned via right click didn't work for me
adds same values to some steps..
anyway ..
this is the trial error thing that depends on the plugins i guess..to me nothing important..
just in case
i always enter the steps first (if countable in the gui) and then press to auto ..
works with no problem so far.
Yes - the values LOOK the same to you - but under the hood they are not the same - and actually will work much better. Remember - you are only seeing the display value reported by the plugin - not the actual parameter value.

You'll notice though - that without doing the steps I've described above - if ever you change the value of that parameter outside of Stripper - Stripper will not report the correct value. Doing it my long-winded method above - Stripper will follow any value set from anywhere else.

EDIT:

Quick gif to show the difference: Remember - this only effects certain stepped parameters - if they are continuous and do not report each step value separately.

So the main difference is - my manual method follows the controls value if it is altered externally from the plugin GUI - whereas the auto method (in this case) will not.

As you spotted - there are some values that do not match up on occasion - this I think is a bug in the plugin - because I definitely choose a specific value - but it selects a different one - or at least reports the correct one - but displays the wrong one on the plugin GUI... I have confirmed this by getting same result without Stripper open - so there is a small bug with some values in the dropdown list in the plugin.

Last edited by lb0; 05-02-2018 at 03:05 AM.
Old 05-02-2018, 04:45 AM   #5029
timbralzoom

Thank you!

i created each step one by one manually & carefully,
and i just realized
step 2/4 and 1/4* still same when you select them in the gui list shows wrong ones..
2/4 list shows 1/4
1/4* list shows 1/8*
seems definitely plugin's bug.

EDIT:
seems also same in your gif

EDIT2:
i don't know what i am doing wrong
in my case Auto and Manual seems working exactly the same, with no problem..

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pS...pEVEpkvKDbKBrb

Last edited by timbralzoom; 05-02-2018 at 05:54 AM.
Old 05-02-2018, 02:15 PM   #5030
rluka

No problem..thanks for considering it...

Quote:
Something I'd love to do easily - but there's no way within a single script to have two graphics windows.

A way that would work would be to use a separate script to deal with settings - which I'll contemplate on - but it's quite a lot of work to separate it all out. Something I'll certainly consider though for the future.
Old 05-02-2018, 05:37 PM   #5031
NextLevel

Default OSC issue

lb0,

Just noticed that the sending of OSC to internal REAPER isn't functioning properly. For example if I set a control to send /playrate [val] it's actually sending the value as though it were part of the address.

REAPERs OSC monitor doesn't pick up internal massages, however if you try to learn to a REAPER action you can monitor through the learn dialog. So what I noticed is that /playrate [val] is showing up as /playrate 1.0.
If I set the control to send just /playrate it sets REAPERs playrate to the lowest setting even if you set the control to 1.0.

Another little bug is that if you set the min/max values in Strippers midi/osc dialog to say 0.0 and 1.0, it just toggles between those values instead of a linear transition. Hope this can be fixed?

Cheers
NextLevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 05:55 PM   #5032
NextLevel

Quote:
Thank you. Of course it will continue to be developed - just having to redecorate a kitchen before a new floor gets put down next week - so struggling to find much time to work on it this week.

Give me a list of things you would like to be able to control via MIDI/Actions and I'll look into.
Thought I'd chime in on this one.
What I'd like to control via MIDI would be the settings in the macro control dialog, like the min/max as well as the REL, BI, INV, M buttons and the curve selection too. By the way, what is the function of the BI button?

You know what would be useful in the macro settings., is a solo button for each assigned control.

Cheers
Old 05-03-2018, 01:55 AM   #5033
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NextLevel View Post
lb0,

Just noticed that the sending of OSC to internal REAPER isn't functioning properly. For example if I set a control to send /playrate [val] it's actually sending the value as though it were part of the address.

REAPERs OSC monitor doesn't pick up internal massages, however if you try to learn to a REAPER action you can monitor through the learn dialog. So what I noticed is that /playrate [val] is showing up as /playrate 1.0.
If I set the control to send just /playrate it sets REAPERs playrate to the lowest setting even if you set the control to 1.0.

Another little bug is that if you set the min/max values in Strippers midi/osc dialog to say 0.0 and 1.0, it just toggles between those values instead of a linear transition. Hope this can be fixed?

Cheers
I have to admit - the OSC bit was simply there because of a simple request that somebody made to be able to send simple bespoke messages to trigger actions and other basic stuff. I've never used nor had even looked into OSC before that - and when reading the OSC protocol - I picked up a few basic pointers and covered a few very simple cases which meant I could duplicate a list of OSC messages I had been given.

Beyond that - it does very little extra - and certainly doesn't follow the OSC protocol directly. It simply lets you create and send out simple OSC messages.

If there's a particular message type you want to send - then probably best to spell it out to me - exact syntax the message requires etc - and I'll look into. I've not got time to sit and get my head around the whole protocol and options available in OSC (besides - Stripper is simply sending out messages - and cannot receive them - so it's not as if anything really clever can happen here anyway).

Regarding the max and min value options - this was added mainly to cover certain requirements (MIDI) - and not for flexibility. If you want values between 0 and 1 - Is it simply the normalized value of the control you want to send? Prob. best to have an option - to toggle between normalized/MIDI 127/MIDI 255/MIDI 4096 or whatever. Then Min and Max simply sets the range available.
Old 05-03-2018, 02:11 AM   #5034
lb0

Quote:

EDIT2:
i don't know what i am doing wrong
in my case Auto and Manual seems working exactly the same, with no problem..

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pS...pEVEpkvKDbKBrb
Well - if it works ok - then great! - and it'll save you time

But as you saw from my GIF - the manual method doesn't allow the radio buttons to follow the value if it's changed from the plugin GUI in my setup. But your vid has proved that it can work...

Maybe I'm doing something wrong
Old 05-03-2018, 06:27 AM   #5035
NextLevel

Quote:
If there's a particular message type you want to send - then probably best to spell it out to me - exact syntax the message requires etc - and I'll look into.
Well it's not so much the message, aka pattern that is important, but rather the value.
It's pretty much up to the host in how to interpret what it receives, and REAPER does a pretty good job at that. It can handle integer, floating point, both normalized and full range, and even strings. REAPER has a few built in patterns such as those for controlling track and fx parameters as well as the /playrate.

If you notice in the Actions menu there are some actions that at the end of their name it says something like "MIDI/OSC only" those I think usually accept a normalized float 0.0-1.0. The pattern/message that can be learned to those actions is generic, it's up to the user in what they want it to be. For example you could learn the pattern /blah or /my/action1 or whatever.

Now back to the pre-defined pattern /playrate which I believe accepts a normalized value, there is also /playrate/raw which accepts values 0.0 to 4.0.
What I was hoping to do was have a stripper knob that would send an OSC message that I could intern assign a stripper macro-knob or a snapshot control so that I could use the curve fitting and automation features of those controls. One thing I noticed is that a macro-control can not be assigned to another control that is sending out just OSC/MIDI, however the snapshot control seems to work.

The real fun however, lies within user created scripts that use the "action context" function which basically allows you to assign any variable in the script to accept OSC or MIDI as input when it is loaded into the action dialog. It would be petty cool to be able to control these types of scripts with the Stripper.

A cool little hack that I found was that you can set REAPER's playrate much, much higher by using a script that writes to the extstate instead of using OSC /playrate. I wrote a script that has a slider that sets the playrate. The only drawback is that REAPERs playrate slider and display doesn't update unless you switch to another opened project and then back to the original one, however there is audible feedback, just no refresh of the value in REAPERs UI. I've experimented with playrates in the 1000s and beyond which has interesting results with plugins that have sync features.

So I think what would be useful is if Stipper "action controls" set as knob/slider could allow for min/max to be set either as integer or the full floating point range. Maybe the min/max fields could be setup with intelligent logic that interprets any number without a decimal as being integer and anything with a decimal as a float? Maybe also a "step" field that you could enter what each increment would be, for example (0.5 or 0.05 or 1.5 or whatever increment the user wanted). As far as MIDI is concerned maybe just the standard 0-127 and 0-16383 so that pitchbend controllers could be used for higher resolution.

... phew! that was a long post

Last edited by NextLevel; 05-03-2018 at 06:46 AM.
Old 05-03-2018, 08:58 AM   #5036
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NextLevel View Post
snip

... phew! that was a long post
Ok - think I got it will see what I can do...

osc messages are entirely strings though aren't they - so I simply include the floating point value eg. 0.123456789 in the string?
Old 05-03-2018, 04:28 PM   #5037
NextLevel

Quote:
Ok - think I got it will see what I can do...

osc messages are entirely strings though aren't they - so I simply include the floating point value eg. 0.123456789 in the string?
Yes, but the value isn't encapsulated inside the quotes.
Here are a few lua examples:

This one you can actually see in action.
reaper.OscLocalMessageToHost("/playrate/raw", 2.0)

This one is more of a generic example that could be learned to a script that has the "reaper.get_action_context()" function inside the script.
reaper.OscLocalMessageToHost("/my/message", 30.0)

This is an example of how to execute a REAPER action directly, in this case transport play
reaper.OscLocalMessageToHost("/action/1007")

Thanks

Last edited by NextLevel; 05-03-2018 at 04:48 PM.
Old 05-03-2018, 05:46 PM   #5038
timbralzoom

Default controls & graphics update

Coming Soon City of LED

&

EDIT:
controls & graphics update

https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2068

Last edited by timbralzoom; 05-03-2018 at 09:07 PM. Reason: controls & graphics update
Old 05-04-2018, 01:29 AM   #5039
Broojacker

Hi lbO! Thanks for your amazing work.

Stripper worked fine in my Reaper config, but now, when I try to run script, I doesn`t see any visual changes or undo points.
I tried to install new portable Reaper and copy script\resource. Everything works fine, but when I import old config, problem repeats.

Can you advise me something?
Broojacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 07:09 AM   #5040
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broojacker View Post
Hi lbO! Thanks for your amazing work.

Stripper worked fine in my Reaper config, but now, when I try to run script, I doesn`t see any visual changes or undo points.
I tried to install new portable Reaper and copy script\resource. Everything works fine, but when I import old config, problem repeats.

Can you advise me something?
What do you mean by don't see any visual changes? What are your undo settings in Preferences under General group?

Did this happen after a recent update?