Old 12-17-2009, 09:40 AM   #1
mtlin
Human being with feelings

Default Problem with Addictive Drums

Addictive Drums was making my projects run load very slowly (like two minutes). I discovered that AD was the problem by loadimg a project while pushing shift and ctl simultaneously and then bringing FX online one by one.

I think my problems might have started when I installed 64bit Reaper. I didn't like it so I uninstalled it. But now 32bit Reaper might be confused about some things. I don't know.

Anyway, now that I've uninstalled and reinstalled AD, Reaper won't recognize it. I first loaded a project that already had AD instantiated, but no go. I think cleared the cache and rescanned the folder where my VST's are. Reaper doesn't find it. I double and triple checked that Addictive Drums.dll is in the folder. It is. Why doesn't Reaper see it?
mtlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 05:34 PM   #2
mtlin

Well, I got Reaper to recognize AD. I had uninstall and then reinstall all the updates and adpacks I had. But Reaper still hates AD and loads it or any project with it instantiated very slowly. Anybody have similar experiences? I used AD with Reaper before I installed 64bit Reaper (since uninstalled).
mtlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 05:39 PM   #3
EvilDragon

Well, samples need to get loaded, don't they?

I wait some 20-30 seconds before my project containing AD is loaded. This is only if I'm not using Kontakt for other samples, etc.

It's normal to wait. If you wait over a minute, you might want to defragment your hard drive. What is your system specification, to the point?
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote