Old 04-23-2017, 06:42 AM   #1
narrowroadmusic
Human being with feelings

Default 2 Q'Busses, Masters, and Slaves

TITLE WAS SUPPOSED TO READ "2 Q's About Busses, Masters, and Slaves." Don't know what happened there.

Anyhow,

1. Is there a way to make the Buss control the entire group, primarily volume, without having to do the whole Master and Slave thing?

2. Also, on the topic of Master and Slaves. Is there a way to choose all the tracks that are going to be slaves and make them slaves separate from each other, instead of choosing each one at a time? When I hold CTRL and choose all of them, they tie themselves together, so that if I change the volume of one slave track, all the others change too. Very annoying. AND ... it is a hassle to manipulate each track one at a time to change the grouping parameters.
narrowroadmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 09:52 AM   #2
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by narrowroadmusic View Post
1. Is there a way to make the Buss control the entire group, primarily volume, without having to do the whole Master and Slave thing?
If you've routed 2 or more tracks to a bus track, and unchecked the "Master" check box, no need for any master/slave stuff.

Quote:
2. Also, on the topic of Master and Slaves. Is there a way to choose all the tracks that are going to be slaves and make them slaves separate from each other, instead of choosing each one at a time? When I hold CTRL and choose all of them, they tie themselves together, so that if I change the volume of one slave track, all the others change too. Very annoying. AND ... it is a hassle to manipulate each track one at a time to change the grouping parameters.
If you're talking about selected tracks, the default action is that they are all grouped together in a way, as if they are all masters.

I don't know if there's a preference you can change for that or not, I personally like it that way.

You can do the same thing with audio items, the trim knobs on all selected items work together when any of their knobs are changed.

There are times when it bites me too, when I forget I've got other tracks selected and I move the fader on one of them. I do an immediate "undo" and then select only the track I'm working on.

You might check "Preferences" to see if you can change that behavior.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 03:23 PM   #3
narrowroadmusic

Ah, yes. It was the routing that I was failing to do. I'll never forget that again. Thanks for the info, Tod. You've been a great help.
narrowroadmusic is offline   Reply With Quote