COCKOS
CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :
Old 10-26-2007, 01:07 AM   #1
Brennan
hey man

Default Post yer bug reports here!

This thread is where you can post any and all bugs you find in wifight. Don't be shy! If you find a bug, I want to hear about it.
Old 12-08-2007, 09:18 PM   #2
ronbo2000
Human being with feelings

email notification does not work.
Old 12-09-2007, 06:43 PM   #3
Brennan
hey man

Hmm, it works for me Catch me in the chat and we'll test it out. Also, make sure any spam filtering isn't catching it. It might be the blank subject line triggering a spam filter maybe.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:47 PM   #4
ronbo2000

I had to deactivate the notification. It keeps sending me emails even I was online. I checked my status on the wifight web page while checking my email on another open browser on my PC.
Old 12-16-2007, 03:43 PM   #5
ronbo2000

Default Another bug

Brennan,

Another bug. I was playing a game with Franko515 and I checked on my PC on the player list, it says I was offline. I kept refreshing the page and it still says I am offline and yet I am playing and chatting with Franko515 as well as playing with ssrjazz.

This all happened around 2:35 PM.

This bug is on top of the broken buzz and red light when the opponent moves.
Old 12-16-2007, 03:47 PM   #6
ronbo2000

I logged off and logged back in. It finally reported I am on line as of 2:46PM Pacific
Old 12-18-2007, 05:55 PM   #7
Brennan
hey man

Thanks for the report.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:57 PM   #8
Brennan
hey man

I just rewrote the Online-ness code and it should be much more accurate now.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:21 AM   #9
Seizure

for Version 0.18

When I am logging in and it's updating games, My TREO just vibrates continously when it says updating 1/5 games. Then stops for a brief second and continues vibrating non stop on 2/5 games etc. etc.
Old 02-16-2008, 03:54 AM   #10
Brennan
hey man

Thanks for the bug report. I believe I've fixed it for 0.19, which I'll be posting pretty soon.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:16 AM   #11
trgeoff

On my treo650, I use two Launchers, ZLauncher and the QuickDial page of Takephone, where I have my main apps easily accesible.

If I exit wifight by pressing my ZL-linked button, I never have any probs. But if I exit wifight by pressing my TP-linked button, then when I re-enter wifight it often doesnt log me in automatically, but takes me to the login screen. Sometimes I can login from there, sometimes not, and if I cant this often triggers a soft reset. This is worse when I run wifight from the card. ZL seems to back things up more completely, and in fact when I run wf from the card, and exit to ZL, there's a wait while ZL does do the backup.

I have my workaround - which is always to exit to ZL not TP for wifight, but I guess its something you should know, if you dont already.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:24 PM   #12
Brennan
hey man

Wow, you use 2 launchers? You sure are a power user Trgeoff. Anyway, I'll try to reproduce this once I get 0.26 out the door.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:24 AM   #13
trgeoff

Hehe, well I probably do fit the profile of a power user, but the '2nd' launcher is not really a dedicated launcher, its just a small part of TakePhone that emulates the Favorites pages that come with the supplied Palm Phone app.

More in the true vein of being a power user though: Ive been working on some neat ways to use Apt to automate stepping through Spectated games. With a single button press I can now move back or forward any number of moves, either rapidly (to get to the start of a game for example) or with whatever duration you want between moves - to observe a game at leisure. It works like magic already, but Im still doing some fine-tuning to get it perfect.

Once 0.26 is out, and I'm happy with the system, I'll start up a separate thread about it. Might be a few other power users amongst us..

Last edited by trgeoff; 06-05-2008 at 05:41 AM.
Old 06-05-2008, 09:09 AM   #14
Nithya

Quote:
Originally Posted by trgeoff View Post
More in the true vein of being a power user though: Ive been working on some neat ways to use Apt to automate stepping through Spectated games. With a single button press I can now move back or forward any number of moves, either rapidly (to get to the start of a game for example) or with whatever duration you want between moves - to observe a game at leisure. It works like magic already, but Im still doing some fine-tuning to get it perfect.
This would rock. I was asking Brennan just the other day if he could add a button for spectated games to get to the start of the game.
Old 06-05-2008, 04:52 PM   #15
Brennan
hey man

That sounds pretty neat. OK, I will finally stop being lazy and install APT now.

Someday I hope to create a much improved playback controls system (including the option to play the entire game back continuously). Hmm, I could at least add some menu items to jump to the beginning and end of the game. I think I'll try that actually.

-- edit --
It works reasonably well, but not perfectly, so I think this feature will be held back for the next version.

Last edited by Brennan; 06-05-2008 at 05:00 PM.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:50 PM   #16
trgeoff

A new player, Sangahm, started a game with me
http://wifight.com/games/tictactoe/7...3fcee762254618

and I got an email about it, but it never appeared in my game list, nor is it in the archives

not sure why, maybe Sangahm quit after move 1? (s/he seems to have made both turns 1 and 2)

btw I posted on 1src re 0.27 yesterday

http://www.1src.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145773

Ill wait a day then post on TC (just to see if the 1src post leads to a surge in registrations- I think Sangahm may have come via 1src since I made a suggestion there to challenge me)
Old 06-18-2008, 01:50 PM   #17
Brennan
hey man

Yeah, looks like that was a quit. The website screenshot generator doesn't have all the fonts that the prc does so the text doesn't show up... Hmm... (/me adds to todo list)

Looks like we're up at least a couple of players since your post. Thanks!
Old 07-30-2008, 08:53 AM   #18
Nithya

Unhappy

I can't seem to connect to the wifight server this morning. Every time I try, I get a "net error" and am taken back to the login page. My data connection seems fine and I can load wifight.com okay on blazer. Also, I checked the Players page and it looks like other people can login just fine. Help please.

I miss my wifight.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:33 AM   #19
Nithya

Default oops nvm

Never mind my previous post. Apparently it was my data connection and/or centro acting crazy after all. A couple of my other apps had trouble connecting too. I rebooted and I can connect just fine now.

Yay, I can wifight again!
Old 07-31-2008, 10:33 PM   #20
Brennan
hey man

I'm glad you can wifight again. Sad to say, the PalmOS TCP/IP implementation has a lot of problems. It can often end up in a state where it needs a reboot. Especially since it only supports 4 sockets, and sockets can just die on you and stay dead until a reboot, so you can run out of them.

So anyway, a reboot will usually fix 99% of network weirdnesses. Just a tip.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:07 PM   #21
Nithya

Now I know