Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 04-19-2018, 07:02 PM   #1
MW1
Human being with feelings

Default Question about Behringer UMC404HD and Reaper

I was wondering if any of you have this audio interface and, if so, if you have been able to send independent outputs to outs 1 - 4 and have also been able to isolate the master outs separately.
I have seen some discussions where it’s stated that Reaper’s (specifically) handling of the interface is plagued with an issue that makes the master outs mirror outputs 1+2, regardless of settings.

My real dilemma here is trying to find an audio interface with 4-6 independent outs so I can be more flexible with mixes in a live setting, as I use Reaper for live tracks and VST instuments.

The UMC404HD looked like a good candidate (not interested in a $1000 piece of gear, and don’t need many inputs), minus that apparent fatal flaw.
MW1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 07:17 PM   #2
emwhy

I own the UMC 1820 and while I never tried what you're asking, Behringer just updated all the drivers for the UMC series. Went from 3.29 to 4.38 and is a total rebuild and much better driver. If you haven't already, download it and read through the changelog to see if the new version fixes this issue.
emwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 07:31 PM   #3
MW1

Quote:
Originally Posted by emwhy View Post
I own the UMC 1820 and while I never tried what you're asking, Behringer just updated all the drivers for the UMC series. Went from 3.29 to 4.38 and is a total rebuild and much better driver. If you haven't already, download it and read through the changelog to see if the new version fixes this issue.
Thanks! I’ll check that out.
MW1 is offline   Reply With Quote