Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 08-14-2019, 08:40 AM   #1
Joe90
Human being with feelings

Default 'Quick Add FX' not ignoring hidden plugins

Hi All,

New to Reaper, very much enjoying the experience of 'It's cool but I wish it could do that' then spending 10 mins online (usually on this forum) and finding out someone has already figured out a way to do it... very cool!

So here's one for you - I am loving the quick add FX script that allows me to hit a shortcut and a search field appears to quickly load an effect.

I only use about 20% of the plugins I have installed when using Reaper, and the rest are hidden, I can't uninstall them for a number of reasons. I've hidden these plugins from the FX browser, but when using the quick add option it is still searching and loading the hidden FX - I've tried filtering via the preferences and the '#' method, neither properly 'hides' the plugin.

If anyone can figure out a way to do this without moving/deleting the actual dll's I would greatly appreciate it.

The script I'm using is Lua 'Quick Add FX or Track Template' as it's the only script for this I found I that would correctly float every plugin every time.
Joe90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 12:21 PM   #2
maczook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Hi All,

New to Reaper, very much enjoying the experience of 'It's cool but I wish it could do that' then spending 10 mins online (usually on this forum) and finding out someone has already figured out a way to do it... very cool!

So here's one for you - I am loving the quick add FX script that allows me to hit a shortcut and a search field appears to quickly load an effect.

I only use about 20% of the plugins I have installed when using Reaper, and the rest are hidden, I can't uninstall them for a number of reasons. I've hidden these plugins from the FX browser, but when using the quick add option it is still searching and loading the hidden FX - I've tried filtering via the preferences and the '#' method, neither properly 'hides' the plugin.

If anyone can figure out a way to do this without moving/deleting the actual dll's I would greatly appreciate it.

The script I'm using is Lua 'Quick Add FX or Track Template' as it's the only script for this I found I that would correctly float every plugin every time.
Hey there!

I don't have the script you're talking about for some reason.... so I can't test it for you.

There is a toggle called: "FX: Auto-float new FX windows", which may be useful to you!

Also, in regards to you not wanting to see your hidden .dlls, you can create folders in the FX browser, and then pull from/search in there! Attaching a photo for reference.

Glad you're liking reaper!

Hope this helps!

Best wishes,

-Mac
Attached Images
File Type: png add to favorites.png (62.4 KB, 97 views)
maczook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 12:55 PM   #3
solger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
...The script I'm using is Lua 'Quick Add FX or Track Template' as it's the only script for this I found I that would correctly float every plugin every time.
Welcome to the Reaper forums!

It's usually best to post script specific questions, feature requests, etc. directly into the dedicated threads (if one exists): https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=220800
Old 08-16-2019, 07:31 PM   #4
Joe90

Quote:
Originally Posted by solger View Post
Welcome to the Reaper forums!

It's usually best to post script specific questions, feature requests, etc. directly into the dedicated threads (if one exists): https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=220800
No problem, thanks for the heads up. To anyone else having this issue - I've found one workaround which is whenever a plugin comes up that is too similarly named to the one I'm searching for (i.e: typing 'Pro Q2', for the fabfilter plugin, and it brings up 'PSP MasterQ2) then I rename the one I'm less likely to use so that their names differ enough not to cause issues. It has to be done one by one as the problems arise, but other than that it's fine.

I do wonder though if Reaper would benefit from having a way to truly 'disable' a plugin that is in one of it's assigned plug-in directories. Many people use multiple DAW's, and it's often not feasible to just delete/move said plug-ins/vsti's from the actual folder. Neither is having multiple installations of the same plugin on one OS in different folders, especially when said plug-ins are searching for global sample libraries in other locations... it can get messy quickly, so there should be an option to truly disable a plugin from within Reaper. This could also help with troubleshooting plugin related issues.
Joe90 is offline   Reply With Quote