Old 06-16-2007, 03:35 AM   #1
davidpihl
Human being with feelings

Default help for newbie

hi
i would like answer on some questions since i dont know a shit about anything else than add songs into the reaper and use a pitch :S

i would know if any of you know a video toturial or something like that, to how to use the program and how to mix songs.

allso is this program a mixer or only recorder?

if it's possible i would like to share my msn messenger, so i would be able to get "live" help which would be easier than a forum.

allso, one of the most important: when i've configurated the songs how do i save them so i can use a normal audioplayer to play the songs instead of the reaper. like Windows Media Player or Winamp.

i know there is a search function on the forum, but it would take ages to find answer to all of these questions.

im dont know anything about mixing, and/or configurating music and i wanna start up from the buttom. hope someone out there will be able to help me. i would be very pleased.
davidpihl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 08:07 AM   #2
Alistair S

Your best bet is to download the User Guide, which is aimed at people starting out with Reaper.

You can find it under the heading "Other Downloads" on the Downloads page (button above). I would also download the 2 sample projects.

The guide will take you through much of what you need, especially if you have Reaper open at the same time.

Yes, you can mix what you have recorded in Reaper. You then combine them all in one file that can be played with other programs (or put on a CD) using the Render facility (in the "File" menu).
Alistair S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 12:10 PM   #3
Rann

Also there are a series of video tutorials here:

http://www.cockos.com/wiki/index.php/ReaperTutorials
Rann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 04:26 PM   #4
fluffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidpihl View Post
i would know if any of you know a video toturial or something like that, to how to use the program and how to mix songs.
Those vids posted above are pretty good, they'll walk you through the basics fairly quickly.

Quote:
allso is this program a mixer or only recorder?
Either/both. You can even use REAPER as a live mixer, if you are so inclined, and if your souncard can achieve a low enough latency.

Quote:
if it's possible i would like to share my msn messenger, so i would be able to get "live" help which would be easier than a forum.
You may be surprised at how fast this forum can be. It's not at all uncommon for answers to come within a few short minutes.

Quote:
when i've configurated the songs how do i save them so i can use a normal audioplayer to play the songs instead of the reaper. like Windows Media Player or Winamp.
Use the "Render" function, under the "File" menu (or just hit"CRTL+ALT+R") You can render to a multitude of formats, including mp3 (you'll need to download a zip file from this page, and place the file "lame_enc.dll" in the main REAPER folder http://www.free-codecs.com/Lame_Encoder_download.htm

Get the LAME MP3 Encoder 3.97 final verion)

By the way, welcome to the forum.

Last edited by fluffy; 06-17-2007 at 04:46 PM.
fluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 02:31 AM   #5
davidpihl

thx for the answers, they are very useful.

and thanks for answering this fast
davidpihl is offline   Reply With Quote