Old 02-27-2012, 09:25 AM   #1
BuckNutz1070
Human being with feelings

Default Rendering without losing Project.

I was wondering if I could render a project to send someone to check out up to a certain point, without losing the project. I've done that before, and when I want to go back into Reaper to that project...it says that files are missing. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance...\m/ \m/

Matt
Old 02-27-2012, 09:34 AM   #2
bigwoody

Are you trying to send someone a mix down of your song, or the entire project? These are two very different things. If you are just sending a rendered mix of the song, use the render dialog, browse to the directory where you want to save it, name the out put file and render. The new song mix should be in that file.
If you want to save the entire project, then use File/Consolidate/Export tracks. Create a new output directory and select all of the check boxes. Now you will have a new project directory with all the audio/midi files as well as the new reaper project (rpp) that can be opened where ever you send it. It will also close your current project and open the new one. The other thing you could do is simply save your project, then upload the directory for that project to a fileshare.

Send more info of what exactly you are trying to do and your steps.

Last edited by bigwoody; 02-27-2012 at 09:41 AM.
bigwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:38 AM   #3
BuckNutz1070

I have my project...then I save it as is. Once it is saved...I go to the Render screen. I just hit render, and it sends it to my desktop as a wav. file.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:54 AM   #4
BuckNutz1070

Basically I have a collaboration project which is not completely finished, but one of the guitarists wants to hear what I have so far. I would really like to send it to him, but this is where I have the problem of going back into Reaper with it saying that "X" amount of files are not available.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:02 AM   #5
bigwoody

What happens if you just save the project and close reaper. When you open it again is it there with all the files? How do you re-open your project after rendering?

Try this. Since you are just rendering a file to give to your guitar player to listen to, when you open the render dialog, click on the Browse button and create a new folder (call it "temp" or "songs in progress" or something). Now put in a file name for you song, then render (mix 1, mix 2, mix 3 will help you and he keep track). Hopefully your project will be as normal and you will have a mix down file in your new directory to give to your buddy.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:12 AM   #6
BuckNutz1070

Okay Thanks!! When I render it to my desktop. It will obviously play, but when I go back into Reaper to try and open my file...that's when I get that message.