Old 03-10-2011, 11:39 PM   #1
joost
Human being with feelings

Default A track's midi events?

How do I get to a track's midi events (note on/off and such) and how can I make modifications to these events?

joost
joost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 12:11 AM   #2
RuairiAU

Either record some MIDI first or insert a new MIDI item from the track menu. Then double click the item to open the MIDI editor.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:18 AM   #3
gofer
-blänk-

Retreiving an item's MIDI events via API is said to be a pain. I don't know enough about coding, but can give you the following hints:

GetSetItemState http://wiki.cockos.com/wiki/index.ph...etSetItemState replies with a bunch of text, similar to what you find as item descriptions in *.rpp files. For MIDI items it includes all event data in the HASDATA part.

This is where my bit of wisdom stops. I have no idea how to use/alter that data, but it is possible as fellow member fingers has shown with his MIDI groove quantize code.

Here is some more info about the "state chunks": http://wiki.cockos.com/wiki/index.ph...dRppMidiFormat

I hope this helps.
gofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 08:57 AM   #4
joost

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofer View Post
GetSetItemState http://wiki.cockos.com/wiki/index.ph...etSetItemState replies with a bunch of text, similar to what you find as item descriptions in *.rpp files. For MIDI items it includes all event data in the HASDATA part.
Yeah, (long sigh :-) I have been eyeing that function for a while but hoped there is/was something more intelligent. Bummer. This means either a lot of time I will need to spend here or I just walk away from my "little" project (grin:-)

joost
Old 03-11-2011, 11:47 PM   #5
joost

Default a little bit of pseudo code...

I am a newbie to the reaper API, would anyone knowledable mind helping me check if I am on the right path getting to extracting midi info from a track with this little bit of pseudo code:

n = GetNumTracks()

for( i = 0; i < n; i++ )
mediaTrack = CSurf_TrackFromID( i + 1, false )
m = GetTrackNumMediaItems( mediaTrack )

for ( j = 0; j < m; j++ )
mediaItem = GetTrackMediaItem( mediaTrack, j );
str = ""
len = 0
GetSetItemState( mediaItem, str, len )

At this point str holds an "rpp chunk", correct? Is there a way to determine if mediaItem is a audio or midi item before calling GetSetItemState()?

There is no possibility of loading more than 1 project at the time in Reaper is there? There functions mentioned in the online doc which require a project pointer of sorts (such as MediaTrack* GetTrack(ReaProject* proj, int trackidx) Is "proj" a real thing or just always set to zero?

By the way, I cannot seem to find GetTrack() in the include files, whats up with that?