Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-2017, 02:59 PM   #1
karbomusic
Human being with feelings

Default Strange corrupted pan in track or item, corrupts new track or item (NO BUG)

I can't figure this out, it doesn't matter if audio or midi track. I have a handful of corrupted track pans. The behavior is the following...

Pan 100% R: Sounds is 100% R
Pan Center: Sound is 100% R
Pan 100% L: Sound is in center.

If I now create a fresh and brand new track, and move this item to a new track, and test with a "non-corrupt" item, that track is now broken. Even if I move or delete the "bad item" from the track, this new but now empty track remains broken for good. This kind of sucks as I can't seem to fix it and such items/tracks can never be panned to the left once corrupted.

You can see the behavior here, ignore whether it is midi or audio, that is completely irrelevant, as it simply doesn't matter what is on the corrupted track.

I had this about an hour before in another project, it was in a folder and I removed and recreated the folder and that fixed it, but here it doesn't (it was previously in a folder too). Even if I move the bad item or bad track to a new project - same issue, it appears to be permanently busted.