Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 06-18-2018, 11:59 AM   #1
foreveragain
Human being with feelings

Default Driver installation with Steinberg

I recently updated to the latest installation of Windows 10 and Reaper has always worked flawless with my Steinberg UR12 audio interface. Now when I book up Reaper it tries to automatically install the driver but just never finishes and I have to manually close out the program as it wont go into Reaper.

The audio interface still works as a soundcard but I cant get anywhere with Reaper now. I was wondering if anyone else had this issue with the latest install of Windows 10.
foreveragain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 12:16 PM   #2
XoechZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreveragain View Post
I recently updated to the latest installation of Windows 10 and Reaper has always worked flawless with my Steinberg UR12 audio interface. Now when I book up Reaper it tries to automatically install the driver but just never finishes and I have to manually close out the program as it wont go into Reaper.

The audio interface still works as a soundcard but I cant get anywhere with Reaper now. I was wondering if anyone else had this issue with the latest install of Windows 10.
I also have a Steinberg UR12, and it also did not work in Reaper after the W10 update.
But the fix is simple. Uninstall the Driver, unplug the UR12, download and install the latest Driver from the Steinberg site. Plug the UR12, start Reaper and everything is fine.
XoechZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 12:19 PM   #3
solger

In addition to the post above: https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/e...ng-to-install-
solger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 01:42 PM   #4
foreveragain

Thank you! I will try that when I get home
Quote:
Originally Posted by XoechZ View Post
I also have a Steinberg UR12, and it also did not work in Reaper after the W10 update.
But the fix is simple. Uninstall the Driver, unplug the UR12, download and install the latest Driver from the Steinberg site. Plug the UR12, start Reaper and everything is fine.
foreveragain is offline   Reply With Quote