Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 10-01-2018, 03:09 PM   #1
Rich_S
Human being with feelings

Default Short version: FaderPort or X-Touch One?

I'm a noob to most things Reaper, having used it only a bit to re-mix some old 4-track cassette demos. Now I want to start some slightly larger projects. My experience mixing those old demos with just the screen and mouse made me want a single-channel control surface. Online shopping made it look like a simple choice between the PreSonus FaderPort (the new non-Classic one) or the Behringer X-Touch One. Then I came here and started searching...

I've read several lengthy threads about both control surfaces, XT, Klinke, fade-follows-track-select, ini's, etc... I follow a lot of what's been discussed, but didn't dig down deep into the links and updates,since a lot of it doesn't do me any good until I pick a device, plug it in, and start configuring it.

So, is there a Cliff's Notes version of these two long stories? Does one unit or the other come out on top in October of 2018? What are the must-have extensions/add-ons/patches needed to make them work "right"?

Sweetwater await your helpful responses. :-)

Last edited by Rich_S; 10-12-2018 at 06:58 PM.
Rich_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 01:17 PM   #2
kenm

I'd like to see something similar.

I've started a thread over on the Behringer forum as well to collect some insight.

https://forum.musictribe.com/showthr...ce-with-Reaper

I currently use the Faderport Classic with the FPXT plug-in extension and it works well.

Ken
kenm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 06:59 PM   #3
Rich_S

Nobody can boil this down for us?
Rich_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 07:34 AM   #4
Ideosound

I'd be keen on knowing whether the new version of Faderport works with the old XT drivers or whether you even need this anymore. I love the way you can assign any button on the old faderport to an action. Was hoping this would still be the case.
Ideosound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 10:50 AM   #5
Tiggerdyret

Consider an alphatrack. It has an amazing driver for Reaper and are out of production, so they are dirt cheap to get used. I sold my old faderport after getting the alphatrack. It works just fine on windows 10 as long as you install the official driver in windows 7 mode and get this Reaper plugin: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=81889
Tiggerdyret is offline   Reply With Quote