Old 01-13-2011, 08:42 PM   #41
bonfilio
Human being with feelings

Full time hack user here. Long time Mac user, but when my G5 was getting too long in the teeth and ready to retire I just didn't have the funds to go legit (kids - good times).

Mine's basically a clone of a Mac Pro 3,1 - x3360 (Xeon v. of the Q9550 C2Quad) w/ 8GB ram, Intel P45 chipset board, etc. Needs 1 kext to get the hack working, and a couple of extra drivers (WIFI, GPU, Intellitype, Steermouse) tho those last are optional.

Works beautifully. Defaults to 64bit kernel and my audio hardware works perfectly (onboard works out of box, Alesis firewire requires normal OSX driver).
bonfilio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 10:35 PM   #42
willowhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by norbury brook View Post
Yes but the whole point here is that Reaper(it is the Reaper forum) runs so much better on windows.Add to that the fact that x64 on windows is quite mature now, and it's a no brainer all round.

What could you possibly gain by running reaper on a hackintosh or even a regular Mac?

MC
You know...it is the Reaper OS X forum, actually. I don't understand why these threads so quickly devolve into "Why would you do that? Run Windows!" Doesn't strike me as being terribly helpful.
willowhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 08:03 PM   #43
benqbasic

Hey,

Been using a hack since my macbook died.
I use apogee hardware too so it was critical that osx worked for me.

Far more power than my wife's iMac for recording.
I have been building computers for years and i have to say it was far easier to install osx on my hack this time then windows has been over the years.

This guy has made it so easy. Buy a gigabyte mobo and nvidia gfx card and your set.
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/

Also very helpful:
http://lnx2mac.blogspot.com/p/perfect-hackintosh.html

Btw also using logic 9 and my old cubase sx on it. Also tried a copy of PT9 and they work great (not a PT lover though).

Ben
Loving Reaper 4 pre and ReAction..........
benqbasic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 04:58 AM   #44
Jeronimo

I've been using Reaper on a Hackintosh for almost 3 years.
I don't use Windows for like... 11 years now.

My hackintosh is a Q6600+Intel DP35DP+Gforce and it works like a charm.

Never had a problem with this machine (but I don't update it and it never connected on the internet).

The only issue I'm having is with Steven Slate's plugins., I own Trigger and VCC.

Those are the only ones I have, that uses iLok, and everytime I open Reaper, it asks for authorization. It's just a matter of pressing "return" twice, but it's not supposed to be like this. It also happens in EVERY applications that tries to access those plugins, not only Reaper.

On Trigger, it doesn't "hold" the preset quite well. Every time you open a session with Trigger on it, the plugin can't find the samples. So you have the take that instance off, put a new one and open your preset, then everything loads fine.

Do you guys have ANY wierd stuff like this happening on your systems?
Jeronimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:38 AM   #45
Gavinchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeronimo View Post
I've been using Reaper on a Hackintosh for almost 3 years.
I don't use Windows for like... 11 years now.

My hackintosh is a Q6600+Intel DP35DP+Gforce and it works like a charm.

Never had a problem with this machine (but I don't update it and it never connected on the internet).

The only issue I'm having is with Steven Slate's plugins., I own Trigger and VCC.

Those are the only ones I have, that uses iLok, and everytime I open Reaper, it asks for authorization. It's just a matter of pressing "return" twice, but it's not supposed to be like this. It also happens in EVERY applications that tries to access those plugins, not only Reaper.

On Trigger, it doesn't "hold" the preset quite well. Every time you open a session with Trigger on it, the plugin can't find the samples. So you have the take that instance off, put a new one and open your preset, then everything loads fine.

Do you guys have ANY wierd stuff like this happening on your systems?
I know this thread is like 2 years old but I thought I'd reply to this, since I know the solution, for anyone else who accidentally stumbles onto this thread..

Yes I had the exact same ilok issues as you. Until I installed the driver for the network card! You see ilok uses the network cards unique id as part of its way of identifying your machine. If it can't find your network card, (doesn't matter if I its plugged in to the net or not) then it will always bring up authorisation windows for each plugin. Install your network card driver via multibeast, and boom, problem solved

Hope someone finds this useful anyways.
Gavinchan is offline   Reply With Quote