Old 06-12-2010, 03:51 AM   #601
zoid9
Human being with feelings

Default Anyone else have this problem?

When I have the Project Media Files window displayed and I try to check or uncheck the Hide file paths box, I get a little window titled "Debug" that says "Delete files!" I obviously don't want to delete so I just have to close the window.
Old 06-12-2010, 05:12 AM   #602
AdamWathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoid9 View Post
When I have the Project Media Files window displayed and I try to check or uncheck the Hide file paths box, I get a little window titled "Debug" that says "Delete files!" I obviously don't want to delete so I just have to close the window.
Same here, that Project Media window is completely broken in every way at least on OS X, is that what you are using as well?
AdamWathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 06:13 AM   #603
Barrail

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
No, but you can make it yourself:

* Item: Invert selection
* Item: Toggle items mute
* Item: Invert selection
I've added * unmute selected item
Old 06-12-2010, 07:37 AM   #604
zoid9

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamWathan View Post
Same here, that Project Media window is completely broken in every way at least on OS X, is that what you are using as well?
Windows Vista 32.
Old 06-12-2010, 07:46 AM   #605
Kundalinguist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrail View Post
I've added * unmute selected item
But "toggle items mute" should apply to both states ie. mute and unmute, or am I misreading your post?
Old 06-12-2010, 08:22 AM   #606
Barrail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kundalinguist View Post
But "toggle items mute" should apply to both states ie. mute and unmute, or am I misreading your post?
Yes, you're right . I'll try other action.
Old 06-12-2010, 08:27 AM   #607
Barrail

Default My brain is blank

I can't remember all my ky keyboard shorcuts (and sometimes, I change one shorcut or other...).
So, I've made an excel file.
And I don't want use special keys alt or shift, only direct key and Ctrl + keys, because too is too.
I keep this file open when I use Reaper.
Yes, my brain is blank

Old 06-12-2010, 08:55 AM   #608
Kundalinguist

Quote:
And I don't want use special keys alt or shift, only direct key and Ctrl + keys, because too is too.
For many custom actions, I've used "Control-Alt-Command" to launch them. So whenever I use some common custom command, it's always 3 fingers on left hand, plus the addition key which I tap with the right hand. It's easier to identify that it's mine, and easier to remember because it's always 3 fingers plus whatever. Luckily, the people from my planet have 9 fingers on each hand, so this doesn't come at a loss of flexibility.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:15 AM   #609
Barrail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kundalinguist View Post
... Luckily, the people from my planet have 9 fingers on each hand, so this doesn't come at a loss of flexibility.
Old 06-12-2010, 12:57 PM   #610
Jeffos
Mortal

@zoid: will be fixed in next release..
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamWathan View Post
that Project Media window is completely broken in every way at least on OS X
yeah, given what I saw, I thought it was better not to support that in OSX anymore.

On a sidenote (I'm going nuts in repeating that!), please, especially for such reports:
http://code.google.com/p/sws-extension/issues/list !

Thanks.

Last edited by Jeffos; 06-12-2010 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Bad URL...
Jeffos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 01:23 PM   #611
EvilDragon

Quote:
I can't remember all my ky keyboard shorcuts (and sometimes, I change one shorcut or other...).
So, I've made an excel file.
Yes, my brain is blank

Sounds like you need a programmable LCD keyboard, which has a tiny LCD on each key, and can show the names of shortcuts depending on the currently focused window, and modifier pressed.

I know there are such keyboards in existence, but they have two shortcomings for now - they can't be separately programmed for different window focuses, and they cannot change their display according to modifier combination that's pressed. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

But this thing MUST be done, it would make DAW work so much easier!
EvilDragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 03:06 PM   #612
airon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffos View Post
@zoid: will be fixed in next release..

yeah, given what I saw, I thought it was better not to support that in OSX anymore.

On a sidenote (I'm going nuts in repeating that!), please, especially for such reports:
http://code.google.com/p/sws-extension/issues/list !

Thanks.
There is the Reaper Media Bay request, and it's an elevated FR and is gathering votes, as has been discussed quite a bit.

The discussion thread for that request is here: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=40336

I'm inclined to believe that Tim has stopped working on his Media Pool window, which was a fine start, because this might be coming at some point in the near future. I have no idea when, but there you go.

If anyone is truly interested, please add your ideas and comments in the discussion thread. The more refined our idea is, the less hassle there will be later when it's in beta.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 02:16 AM   #613
Barrail

Hello,
Why the shortcut CTRL+Q is ok with the action "toggle show all floating windows", but not the shortcut Q ?
Q is an example, it's the same problem with other letters.
Old 06-13-2010, 02:51 AM   #614
nicholas
Scribe

Quote:
Hello,
Why the shortcut CTRL+Q is ok with the action "toggle show all floating windows", but not the shortcut Q ?
Q is an example, it's the same problem with other letters.
Interesting question. It seems to not work because after closing the floating windows it doesn't make the main REAPER window active. But why so?
nicholas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 08:06 AM   #615
sapristico

Why don´t you allow printing in the last version PDF manual?? My point is that I´m trying to read ir in PSP, but this PDF version causes a bug in booker...so I would like to open and re-print with Cute-PDF, that was what I did with the Reaper Manual...But this SWS pdf don´t allow even printing.
sapristico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 09:04 AM   #616
EvilDragon

It prints fine over here.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:26 AM   #617
Reflected

Quote:
Need help to create the ultimate impulse sampling from plugins "1 click sample all".
------------------------------------------------------------------------

First, here are the steps I use to do it manually:

1. Insert a "CLICK" sample
2. Add the plugin that you want to impulse to the item with the click.
3. Duplicate the item according to the number of the presets of the plugin.
4. Choose next preset of the plugin for the next item (preset#1 for item#1, preset number#2 for the next duplicated item, #3 for the next duplicated item...and so on)
5. Select all items in the selected track.
6. Render all selected items as takes
7. explode active takes to new track
8. Auto rename selected items according to the first plugin inside the item, something like this form (hopefully adjustable): ([Plugin name]%[preset number]%[-]%[preset name])

Actions needed to do it automatically (1 click to sample the whole plugin):

1. select the first plugin in the selected item.
2. choose next/previous preset for the selected plugin.
3. Auto rename items to the preset name of the first plugin inside the selected item,([Plugin name]%[preset number]%[-]%[preset name])
4. Auto rename form states (create form and save state like we can do for nudges)

Advantages of sampling plugins:

*Much less cpu... (iZotope mastering reverb eats 8% , ReaVerb only 0.2%)
*Much faster browsing between the presets.
*Less plugins = quicker choice. (this was the main reason I started to sample impulses)
*bugy plugins...etc
Original thread: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=59787

Are those actions possible from the extensions side?
Reflected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 03:33 PM   #618
nicholas
Scribe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapristico View Post
Why don´t you allow printing in the last version PDF manual?? My point is that I´m trying to read ir in PSP, but this PDF version causes a bug in booker...so I would like to open and re-print with Cute-PDF, that was what I did with the Reaper Manual...But this SWS pdf don´t allow even printing.
sapristico -

The electronic downloadable PDF is provided free of charge by me (as a gift to all users) after many hundreds of hours work, as a gift to the REAPER community. Even though it is provided free of charge, it still costs a lot of time and effort to produce.

A printed and spiral bound hard copy ($17.49) or a printable PDF ($6.99) can be downloaded from
http://www.lulu.com/product/paperbac...sions/10640703

Yes I know, life's a bitch, ain't it? Not everything is free. But then again, even I have to eat ...
Old 06-17-2010, 12:00 AM   #619
ivansc

A thought: Is that Aussie Dollars or American ones?

Also, how many pages does the PDF run to?
ivansc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 12:17 AM   #620
EvilDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
Also, how many pages does the PDF run to?
418 currently.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:33 AM   #621
Susan G

The SWS Extensions PDF is 165 pages, assuming that's still the one we're talking about ($6.99 to download).

-Susan
Susan G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 04:29 AM   #622
sapristico

OK, nicholas (Geoffrey?), I understand your point yet now....but it´s a bit weird that complete Reaper manual can be printable (or at least have a PDF version that allows being read in PSP...)and this SWS one not...but I understand the actual situation in a model as the Reaper product or community...even though, I think that in this kind of subtle points, are better ways to pay the effort.

I don´t know really who is involved in every step of the process in reaper community/company,...and which is the philosophy for each one...I know that for example, Mercado Negro and others do everything for free (spanish menues, for exemple)...but I know that hours have to be paid. IMO, it´s a bad policy by Cockos not to include this kind of functions that you have to dive into and look for with extensions and etc, investing (not loosing) a lot of time in it...that nobody pays too... and even paying for the documents that explain the use of them...

I preffer to pay 80 euros instead of 60 and having all that I need. I love Cockos idea, and the progam, flexibility, and etc...but this gap opened between functions or languages of first and second class is a bit harmful or even I tend to think then that even with midi treatment and other things in Samplitude not being perfect for me and betting my ground on Reaper...per 150 euros in last Christmas, for example, I would be getting Samplitude 11 (upgrade from 10SE) translated into spanish and with spanish manual too. Maybe it would be worth the while...for the next time I will know.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:43 AM   #623
sapristico

I repeat: I don´t want to print (classic paper and non eco-conscious) really the SWS extension...but, can I read it in my PC, but not in the PSP because of the kind of PDF that you have created? must I pay for the rights to do this?

it´s quite simple...but a bit less elegant/logical...sorry.

Even though, thank u for your efforts and continuous improving of this amazing software. I think that I'm gonna remain loyal to the R
Old 06-17-2010, 04:50 AM   #624
nicholas
Scribe

Quote:
OK, nicholas (Geoffrey?), I understand your point yet now....but it´s a bit weird that complete Reaper manual can be printable (or at least have a PDF version that allows being read in PSP...)and this SWS one not...but I understand the actual situation in a model as the Reaper product or community...even though, I think that in this kind of subtle points, are better ways to pay the effort.

I don´t know really who is involved in every step of the process in reaper community/company,...and which is the philosophy for each one...I know that for example, Mercado Negro and others do everything for free (spanish menues, for exemple)...but I know that hours have to be paid. IMO, it´s a bad policy by Cockos not to include this kind of functions that you have to dive into and look for with extensions and etc, investing (not loosing) a lot of time in it...that nobody pays too... and even paying for the documents that explain the use of them...

I preffer to pay 80 euros instead of 60 and having all that I need. I love Cockos idea, and the progam, flexibility, and etc...but this gap opened between functions or languages of first and second class is a bit harmful or even I tend to think then that even with midi treatment and other things in Samplitude not being perfect for me and betting my ground on Reaper...per 150 euros in last Christmas, for example, I would be getting Samplitude 11 (upgrade from 10SE) translated into spanish and with spanish manual too. Maybe it would be worth the while...for the next time I will know.
Nothing to debate really. If you think it's worth the US $6.99 buy it. If you don't, don't. Either way, I don't think that getting a free PDF is such a bad deal ... don't know if you work yourself, but if you do I bet you get paid for it!
Old 06-17-2010, 04:50 AM   #625
mabian

Quote:
I preffer to pay 80 euros instead of 60 and having all that I need. I love Cockos idea, and the progam, flexibility, and etc...
Then just buy REAPER for 60 and the SWS printable manual for around 12... still less than 80

I think it works well as it is. Minimal version with minimal price, add ons for a small extra price.

Everybody should be happy...no?

- Mario
mabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 07:59 AM   #626
sapristico

yeah...there is nothing, NOBODY, to debate (without open minded reading of my point) really. So...take it or leave it, I understand...

the money that I get for working is not for explaining to my boss or partners, or even obviously to the client what I did last month and how it is useful for them...that is part of the work and salary... not so good salary in the end.

That money is not enough for paying all my working hours, indeed...and it is money that yet now (unlike last month that I bought Reaper) I don´t want to invest in Cockos ways...don´t worry, be happy. see you...
Old 06-17-2010, 08:27 AM   #627
rictheobscene

I suppose if a person does not want to pay for the manuals, he / she can write their own manual.
rictheobscene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 10:53 AM   #628
airon

Free PDF for onscreen view is pretty sweet. Enough for me usually.

A nice spiral bound printed copy for $18 is neat. I bought some stuff from Lulu. Great quality. From my experience, the printable PDF only gets you a printed version a little faster, but not cheaper.

How fast does Lulu deliver to Europe now ? Anyone have recent experience with that ?
Old 06-17-2010, 04:01 PM   #629
nicholas
Scribe

Quote:
yeah...there is nothing, NOBODY, to debate (without open minded reading of my point) really. So...take it or leave it, I understand...

the money that I get for working is not for explaining to my boss or partners, or even obviously to the client what I did last month and how it is useful for them...that is part of the work and salary... not so good salary in the end.

That money is not enough for paying all my working hours, indeed...and it is money that yet now (unlike last month that I bought Reaper) I don´t want to invest in Cockos ways...don´t worry, be happy. see you...
Sorry, but I genuinely cannot understand why you seem to be so upset about this. Let me try another approach:

1. If you purchased equivalent products such as Cubase, Samplitude, Sonar, Pro Tools, etc, you would probably pay not $60 but between $400 and $1,000 dollars. Put in that context, I really am puzzled that anybody would get so upset about being asked to pay an extra $6.99 if they want a printable copy of a manual that is offered free in PDF format anyway. And I repeat, if anybody thinks it isn't worth the $6.99 then - as for any other item - they don't have to purchase it. You call it "take it or leave it." I call it just the way things are in the world with any item.

2. I make my living from my studio and from writing. That said, for writing on REAPER projects such as the User Guide and SWS Manual we are talking about pocket money. The income I get from this is just that - not much more than beer money (well, wine money actually ). I would earn more if I instead devoted that time to other projects. The charge I make for REAPER manuals is really very reasonable, and then because I believe that some sort of price signal is appropriate. I do believe that if you make everything free, you devalue your own work too much. I understand that others might disagree, but I don't see how anybody could seriously consider that belief to be unreasonable.

3. If you really do choose to stop using REAPER because of this, then I suggest that the person who will lose the most will be you, and that would be a shame. It certainly won't be me.

In any event, I wish you well ...

Last edited by nicholas; 06-17-2010 at 04:39 PM.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:53 PM   #630
semiquaver

aha so the truth comes out! So you, Nicholas and all your Cockos pals are drinking *wine* are you ...
semiquaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 04:56 PM   #631
nicholas
Scribe

Quote:
Originally Posted by semiquaver View Post
aha so the truth comes out! So you, Nicholas and all your Cockos pals are drinking *wine* are you ...
Can't speak for anybody else, but for my part, yes I do have a weakness for a good drop of cab sav or shiraz ...
Old 06-17-2010, 05:07 PM   #632
jmcecil

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
Sorry, but I genuinely cannot understand why you seem to be so upset about this. Let me try another approach:

1. If you purchased equivalent products such as Cubase, Samplitude, Sonar, Pro Tools, etc, you would probably pay not $60 but between $400 and $1,000 dollars. Put in that context, I really am puzzled that anybody would get so upset about being asked to pay an extra $6.99 if they want a printable copy of a manual that is offered free in PDF format anyway. And I repeat, if anybody thinks it isn't worth the $6.99 then - as for any other item - they don't have to purchase it. You call it "take it or leave it." I call it just the way things are in the world with any item.

2. I make my living from my studio and from writing. That said, for writing on REAPER projects such as the User Guide and SWS Manual we are talking about pocket money. The income I get from this is just that - not much more than beer money (well, wine money actually ). I would earn more if I instead devoted that time to other projects. The charge I make for REAPER manuals is really very reasonable, and then because I believe that some sort of price signal is appropriate. I do believe that if you make everything free, you devalue your own work too much. I understand that others might disagree, but I don't see how anybody could seriously consider that belief to be unreasonable.

3. If you really do choose to stop using REAPER because of this, then I suggest that the person who will lose the most will be you, and that would be a shame. It certainly won't be me.

In any event, I wish you well ...
Plus, if you really want it in another format it is super simple to convert the pdf. Oh wait, that would mean he would have to actually do something other than benefit from other peoples work.

The internet is full of 'WWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHH!!!!!!!'

It gets a little irritating.
jmcecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 01:25 AM   #633
sapristico

yeah, people...keep on justifying...the supernumeraries defending anything, attacking the one who dares to speak...soooo typical. I must have said "I give up"...time before.

Reading like you do my point(prejudice and fundamentalism)...and not arguing at all about what I´m talking about...willfully simplyfing my messages is the perfect point to let me know the kind of people you are.

If you would try another way, and tone...deffinetely another approach some time before, it would be different. But since you started this point affronting my doubt with that attitude, with me being the kind of user that didn´t pay nor the soft, nor anything, and that really don´t want to pay...you only deserve a quite worse treatment than I have given here.

The point was to answer your (all of you) words in the tone that you used...But even though, you refuse to read my words, and to argue with a little bit logical or comprehensive point of view.

I told you about priorities, numbers and obvious things..Do you really want to compare?? I told you., try to read...150 euros for SAM 11.03 in spanish and with spanish manual included...Have you read that?

Who is talking about 1000$ softs against PDFs of 7$?? Is That the point?
So you don´t understand ANYTHING...or you are a distorter, and next intentional misunderstanding...Im gonna leave Reaper?? I didn't say that...but in debt to your attitude...I´m not gonna pay the SWS extension and maybe Reaper will hit me (it´s not so hard, and fortunately there are spanish users who will help me with my possible doubts), or maybe I wll hit it...time will say.

I wish the best to you, Geoffrey, Cockos and Reaper anyway (for the moment is my way)...this is about people trying to communicate...better luck next time, maybe.

Ah, to jmcecil...If I would like to actually benefit from other people's work and nothing else...obviously (except for your angry anile mind)...I would use any of the soft that can violate a ridicule code in a PDF to transfer it to my PSP and try to read it and learn about "reaper exclusive secrets and tricks, ssssshhh", with the SWS manual in the bus to my 10 hours working day...but it would be ugly, less elegant and wouldnt solve anything...and all this arguement would be ridicule, useless and not only some of us, would be really silly...

ouhnch!....a lot of waaaaaahhhh to nothing.
Old 06-18-2010, 05:20 AM   #634
nicholas
Scribe

sapristico, I am sorry that there is so much anger in your heart. Can we just agree to disagree and leave it at that?
Old 06-18-2010, 06:34 AM   #635
Jeffos
Mortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicbynumbers View Post
any clues?

note: the flying knob is a feature, not a bug

hey, I think I found a bug in the recent posts: I could swear I saw someone saying that he'll post some stuff under a week but that's two weeks ago.. Probably an auto-delete-or-something-vBulletin bug !? Can someone confirm ?
Jeffos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 06:58 AM   #636
jmcecil

Quote:
Ah, to jmcecil...If I would like to actually benefit from other people's work and nothing else...obviously (except for your angry anile mind)...I would use any of the soft that can violate a ridicule code in a PDF to transfer it to my PSP and try to read it and learn about "reaper exclusive secrets and tricks, ssssshhh", with the SWS manual in the bus to my 10 hours working day...but it would be ugly, less elegant and wouldnt solve anything...and all this arguement would be ridicule, useless and not only some of us, would be really silly...

ouhnch!....a lot of waaaaaahhhh to nothing.
Actually, I'm irritated not angry. Again, a lot of what goes into Reaper is community driven.

So, lets talk logic

The manual you are complaining about was created by someone WITH THEIR OWN TIME. Why would they care to spend several hundred more hours producing something for ONE person when that one person can take what is already produced and convert it for their own use.

The development team for Reaper itself is very small. It's one of the reasons it is tremendously cheaper than other products. Do you want a C++ coder stopping what they are doing on Reaper and spend hours and hours writing a manual for an extension that isn't theirs?

Again, the idea behind community involvement is to get INVOLVED. You can ASK for something if you feel you need it. But, you won't always get what you want. This is our free time you are asking us to spend. I have an idea! Why don't you produce the material you are asking for so that OTHERS can benefit!

Attacking the community because it isn't interested in what you asked for, is juvenile. Hence the "WWWWAAAAAHHHHHHH"
Old 06-18-2010, 07:30 AM   #637
sws
Code Monkey

Please gentlemen, this thread is not the proper place for discussing such matters.
sws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 07:34 AM   #638
jmcecil

Quote:
Originally Posted by sws View Post
Please gentlemen, this thread is not the proper place for discussing such matters.
WHO ARE YOU CALLING A GENTLEMAN? :P

heh, alright ... back to your regularly scheduled sws coolness
Old 06-18-2010, 02:59 PM   #639
airon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sws View Post
It lives.

Cute cat.
Old 06-18-2010, 04:08 PM   #640
musicbynumbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffos View Post

note: the flying knob is a feature, not a bug

hey, I think I found a bug in the recent posts: I could swear I saw someone saying that he'll post some stuff under a week but that's two weeks ago.. Probably an auto-delete-or-something-vBulletin bug !? Can someone confirm ?
JEFFOS!!!! I'm seeing MASSIVE potential here!

It looks like I might be able to set up things like defaulted headphone mixers, listen solo volume, basically being able to replace some of my hardware with it?

Am I hot or cold? lol
musicbynumbers is offline   Reply With Quote