Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 07-31-2019, 06:41 AM   #641
cfillion
Human being with feelings

That's caused by a regression in rugged v0.28, one of reapack-index's dependencies, which now fails to build on Windows. The easiest workaround is to install the previous working version: gem install rugged -v 0.27.7 (I've already submitted a patch to fix this)

Last edited by cfillion; 08-01-2019 at 08:59 AM.
cfillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 03:33 AM   #642
Ameliance SkyMusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfillion View Post
[...]
Grand merci!=)))))
Ameliance SkyMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 10:31 PM   #643
Gremlin-

Default Solved - Removing the items installed by repack

How can i remove the items installed by reapack? Removing them one at a time is way too slow, is there a way to remove multiples at a time.

Last edited by Gremlin-; 09-28-2019 at 03:06 AM.
Gremlin- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 03:47 AM   #644
cfillion

You can select and uninstall multiple packages at once using the package browser (Extensions menu > ReaPack > Browse packages). Hold Ctrl (or Cmd on macOS) to add items to the existing selection or Shift to select a range.
Old 09-28-2019, 05:15 PM   #645
Gremlin-

Followed your directions, the item to delete the selected item still was not available.
Found another way to complete the task I was trying to do.
Old 09-28-2019, 11:19 PM   #646
mschnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin- View Post
Found another way to complete the task I was trying to do.
That statement is not at all helpful for fellow users not the developer of the software

-Michael
mschnell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 03:05 AM   #647
Gremlin-

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
That statement is not at all helpful for fellow users not the developer of the software

-Michael
I just deleted the file in user apps and the two files in the reapack folder that she located in apps/reaper folder.
Old 09-29-2019, 03:12 AM   #648
mschnell

Thanks,
-Michael
Old 11-12-2019, 10:18 AM   #649
Kikokaos

Default Reapack packages syncronization Issue

Everytime I want to synchronize Reapack repositories pacakges I have this error:

Peer certificate cannot be authenticated with given CA certificates (60): schannel: next InitializeSecurityContext failed: SEC_E_UNTRUSTED_ROOT (0x80090325)

I think the solution could be in the network settings, and although I have unticked the Verify the authenticity of SSL/TLS certificates box, I had no luck with the synchronization.

Please, can anyone help me to fix it?
Kikokaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 01:45 PM   #650
mschnell

I just uploaded a JSFX that should be accompanied by an effect chain file.

What is the recommended way to decently provide that effect chain file in ReaPack ?

-Michael
Old 11-12-2019, 10:25 PM   #651
cfillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikokaos View Post
SEC_E_UNTRUSTED_ROOT [...] although I have unticked the Verify the authenticity of SSL/TLS certificates box, I had no luck with the synchronization.
(Assuming this happens with a github.com URL) The communication is likely being intercepted (eg. by a proxy server). The error means your Windows install does not trust the certificate used by that server. Do you get the exact same message with the "Verify the authenticity of ..." unchecked or a different one?

If you are using a network that requires outgoing connections to go through a provided proxy server, enter its address and port in the Proxy field in Network settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
What is the recommended way to decently provide that effect chain file in ReaPack ?
ReaPack does not allow writing to the FXChain folder. I can add support for effect chains in an upcoming update. In the meantime, would installing the .RfxChain file in Effects (or other supported directories) be acceptable? If so you can add the file on reapack.com by clicking on "Add file" and choosing the desired resource type.

Last edited by cfillion; 11-12-2019 at 10:32 PM.
Old 11-12-2019, 10:43 PM   #652
mschnell

I'll add the file ASAP. Lets see if I get any feedback on this ...
-Michael
Old 11-13-2019, 01:28 PM   #653
Kikokaos

[QUOTE=cfillion;2202078](Assuming this happens with a github.com URL) The communication is likely being intercepted (eg. by a proxy server). The error means your Windows install does not trust the certificate used by that server. Do you get the exact same message with the "Verify the authenticity of ..." unchecked or a different one?

If you are using a network that requires outgoing connections to go through a provided proxy server, enter its address and port in the Proxy field in Network settings.

cfillion, thank you for your reply. With the "Verify the authenticity of ..." unchecked, I get the following message: "HTTP response code said error (22): The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found" with every repository. I have been using Reapack several months ago with no issues, and I haven´t a proxy connection.

Last edited by Kikokaos; 11-13-2019 at 01:34 PM.
Old 11-14-2019, 01:43 AM   #654
mschnell

Hi Chris,
Did you see the two Contributions I uploaded to be merged ?

(I can't remember the exact file names generated by the Upload Tool, and I seem to be unable to find any not yet merged files directly in GitHub. The names would be something like "midi glissando" and something like "midi cc fluctuation".)

-Michael
Old 11-17-2019, 11:14 PM   #655
cfillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikokaos View Post
With the "Verify the authenticity of ..." unchecked, I get the following message: "HTTP response code said error (22): The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found" with every repository.
Can you copy/paste the full error log (including the URLs) here?
Old 11-18-2019, 03:10 AM   #656
Kikokaos

Default Reapack synchronitazion issue solved.

Finally, I ran Reaper as administrator in Windows 10 Pro 64 Bits, and then I could do the Reapack packages synchronization with no errors. It's strange because in the past I have never needed to do it that way, I don't usually run Reaper as administrator because it doesn't let me drag and drop media items. Big thanks to cfillion that tried to help me with this problem. And that's why I pòst this message. It could be helpful to others with a similar problem.
Old 11-18-2019, 03:22 AM   #657
cfillion

I wouldn't recommend running REAPER as administrator. My guess would be something was intercepting ReaPack's request to github.com (was it really to a GitHub URL? can't be sure without seeing the full error log), replying to them with a 404 error page signed with an untrusted certificate. Firewall?

Last edited by cfillion; 11-18-2019 at 05:46 AM.
Old 11-18-2019, 05:04 AM   #658
Kikokaos

Default Reapack synchronization issue solved.

Hi cfillion, I know you didn't advice to run Reaper as administrator as a solution, but I tried that way by myself and it worked. First I tried to disable firewall and windows defender and nothing worked. Never changed the github repositories URLs, and they all gave the same error (yes it was something about it couldn't connect to the URL with "404 error" at the end). In the next days I'll try to run it again standard and "as administrator" ways to see the differences in order to considerate it as a real solution.
Old 11-26-2019, 09:31 AM   #659
Protifori

Hi,

my home directory is located on a UNC path. When ReaPack starts up,
it tries to create its cache directory, but it strips the leading
double backslash from the path, then fails with "no such file or
directory".

Is it possible to
a) set Reaper's resource path
b) set a path to ReaPack's files?

Thanks,

Proti
Protifori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 04:49 PM   #660
cfillion

Great catch, thanks! I've added support for UNC paths on Windows. You can use them with these builds: 64-bit 32-bit (note that the DLL filename have changed since the current release version).

Last edited by cfillion; 11-26-2019 at 10:23 PM.
Old 11-27-2019, 10:49 AM   #661
Protifori

Quote:
I've added support for UNC paths on Windows.
Works fine. You're awesome.
Protifori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 06:20 AM   #662
amagalma

I get these errors when trying to sync ReaPack:
Code:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jtackaberry/reaticulate/release/app/lib/middleclass.lua:
  HTTP response code said error (22): The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jtackaberry/reaticulate/release/app/reabank.lua:
  HTTP response code said error (22): The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jtackaberry/reaticulate/release/app/app.lua:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jtackaberry/reaticulate/release/actions/Reaticulate_Activate%20articulation%20by%20CC%20in%20group%203%20on%20default%20channel%20%28MIDI%20CC%20relative%20or%20mousewheel%29.lua:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jtackaberry/reaticulate/release/img/articulations.png:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jtackaberry/reaticulate/release/actions/Reaticulate_Activate%20articulation%20by%20CC%20on%20channel%2015.lua:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jtackaberry/reaticulate/release/img/warning_amber_24x24.png:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jtackaberry/reaticulate/release/img/view_list_white_18x18.png:

...etc (total of 75 errors)
Any idea what might be wrong?
Old 12-26-2019, 06:32 AM   #663
cfillion

Looks like you are using an older version of Reaticulate from 2017. Its repository was moved to https://reaticulate.com/release.xml (was index.xml before). Copy/paste the new URL into ReaPack > Import a repository. You should be prompted to replace the old repository.
Old 12-26-2019, 06:36 AM   #664
amagalma

Quote:
Looks like you are using an older version of Reaticulate from 2017. Its repository was moved to https://reaticulate.com/release.xml (was index.xml before). Copy/paste the new URL into ReaPack > Import a repository. You should be prompted to replace the old repository.

Yay!!

I had imported an older configuration file, maybe that is why it got messed up. Thank you very much!
Old 01-30-2020, 05:28 PM   #665
Bjorn.LaSanche
Banned

I keep getting these errors when I try to run Reapack

https://reapack.com/index.xml:
SSL connect error (35): schannel: next InitializeSecurityContext failed: Unknown error (0x80092013) - The revocation function was unable to check revocation because the revocation server was offline.

https://github.com/X-Raym/REAPER-Rea...ter/index.xml:
SSL connect error (35): schannel: next InitializeSecurityContext failed: Unknown error (0x80092013) - The revocation function was unable to check revocation because the revocation server was offline.

https://github.com/ReaTeam/JSFX/raw/master/index.xml:

https://github.com/MichaelPilyavskiy...ter/index.xml:

https://github.com/ReaTeam/Extension...ter/index.xml:

https://github.com/ReaTeam/LangPacks...ter/index.xml:

https://github.com/ReaTeam/ReaScript...ter/index.xml:

https://github.com/ReaTeam/Themes/raw/master/index.xml:
Bjorn.LaSanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 12:36 AM   #666
cfillion

Are you behind a network that require all HTTP(S) traffic to go through a proxy server? Enter its address in Extensions > ReaPack > Manage repositories > Options > Network settings.
Old 01-31-2020, 09:42 AM   #667
Bjorn.LaSanche
Banned

Quote:
Are you behind a network that require all HTTP(S) traffic to go through a proxy server? Enter its address in Extensions > ReaPack > Manage repositories > Options > Network settings.
Apparently I am which is automatic discover switched on. I ended up updating my network adapter drivers and lo and behold Reapack is working now.

Last edited by Bjorn.LaSanche; 01-31-2020 at 11:13 AM.
Old 01-31-2020, 09:49 AM   #668
JonasHAnd

I cant connect either.

"https://reapack.com/index.xml:
Peer certificate cannot be authenticated with given CA certificates (60): SSL certificate problem: Invalid certificate chain"

I'm trying this on my reaper 6.03 with reapack 1.2.2

I can connect successfully from my regular reaper install 5.9 with reapack 1.1

What should I do?
JonasHAnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 10:01 AM   #669
JonasHAnd

Ok I turned off SSL authentication in settings, then it worked...downloaded all scripts.

So is what I did not recommended or unsafe in any way?
Old 01-31-2020, 11:22 AM   #670
Bjorn.LaSanche
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasHAnd View Post
Ok I turned off SSL authentication in settings, then it worked...downloaded all scripts.

So is what I did not recommended or unsafe in any way?
I think that since you were able to figure it out, as I did, we are both doing alright. The object is to get Reapack to work right?
Old 01-31-2020, 02:46 PM   #671
JonasHAnd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjorn.LaSanche View Post
I think that since you were able to figure it out, as I did, we are both doing alright. The object is to get Reapack to work right?
Yes, but if a repro is compromised and SSL authentication doesn't work then your computer could be compromised, right? I know too little about this to talk about it so I'll just carry on...

Thanks
Old 01-31-2020, 03:44 PM   #672
cfillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjorn.LaSanche View Post
Apparently I am which is automatic discover switched on. I ended up updating my network adapter drivers and lo and behold Reapack is working now.
Great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasHAnd View Post
I cant connect either.

"https://reapack.com/index.xml:
Peer certificate cannot be authenticated with given CA certificates (60): SSL certificate problem: Invalid certificate chain"

I'm trying this on my reaper 6.03 with reapack 1.2.2
Which operating system version?

(Disabling certificate validation means man-in-the-middle situations won't be detectable. It's not ideal, but the option to disable it is provided for compatibility.)

Last edited by cfillion; 01-31-2020 at 04:05 PM.
Old 02-08-2020, 10:49 PM   #673
Randolph

Every time I start reaper there will be a message saying "loading reapack package manager"

Is this how it should be working or did I install in the wrong location?
Randolph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 02:26 PM   #674
chumbo

Default Script not showing in Action list but present in Reapack?

I was looking to try cfillion's script "Normalize peaks display gain" as suggested as a solution in another thread but, although I can see it in Reapack, it doesn't show up in Reaper's Action list...any ideas?
I mean, I'm not wrong in assuming that all the scripts present in my Reapack, should show up in Reaper's Action list, right?

I'm on Windows 10 x64, Reaper v6.03 with Reapack v1.2.2, freshly synced a few minutes ago.
Thanks!
chumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 03:07 PM   #675
nofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumbo View Post
I mean, I'm not wrong in assuming that all the scripts present in my Reapack, should show up in Reaper's Action list, right?
Only if you have 'Manage repositories -> Options -> Install new packages when synchronizing' enabled I think.
If having this disabled you can rightclick a script in the 'Browse packages' window -> Install, Ok/Apply, then it should also show up in Action list (you'll see i before the script name when installed.)
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 04:12 PM   #676
chumbo

I already had that option enabled.
However, while right-clicking did not show an option to install, it did show one to reinstall, which I did and that worked!
But then, that makes me wonder how many other scripts might not show up when I search keywords in the Action list??

Any solution for that?
Thanks!

Last edited by chumbo; 02-16-2020 at 04:20 PM.
Old 02-17-2020, 06:53 AM   #677
cfillion

All script files that are marked as actions by the author should be registered in the Action List regardless of any setting.

"Normalize peaks display gain" was released in August 2018. Which version of REAPER were you using around that time or when you enabled "Install new packages when synchronizing"? Registration in the Action List requires REAPER 5.12 or newer.

Another potential cause is the length of the resource path in Windows portable installs. Was this a portable REAPER install at that time?

("Install new packages when synchronizing" modifies the behavior of Synchronize packages to also install everything instead of only updating/repairing what was manually installed.)

Quote:
But then, that makes me wonder how many other scripts might not show up when I search keywords in the Action list??

Any solution for that?
In the package browser: Select all then Actions > Reinstall selection. This will reinstall everything (and re-register scripts in the Action List).

Last edited by cfillion; 02-17-2020 at 07:00 AM.
Old 02-17-2020, 07:30 AM   #678
chumbo

Quote:
Which version of REAPER were you using around that time or when you enabled "Install new packages when synchronizing"? Registration in the Action List requires REAPER 5.12 or newer.
No idea but I'm currently on Windows 10 x64, Reaper v6.03 with Reapack v1.2.2, freshly synced today.

Quote:
Another potential cause is the length of the resource path in Windows portable installs. Was this a portable REAPER install at that time?
As a matter of fact, I've always used the Portable version but it's not nested very deep: D:/Portable Apps/Reaper v6.03/

Quote:
In the package browser: Select all then Actions > Reinstall selection. This will reinstall everything (and re-register scripts in the Action List).
Great, thanks!
Unfortunately, I guess that means that to be on the safe side, I should be doing this after every Reapack sync! With +-1900 scripts...it takes a while and requires a Reaper reboot as well!
Old 02-17-2020, 10:23 AM   #679
cfillion

Quote:
Unfortunately, I guess that means that to be on the safe side, I should be doing this after every Reapack sync! With +-1900 scripts...it takes a while and requires a Reaper reboot as well!
That should not be necessary. If synchronizing didn't register a new script in the Action List, reinstalling it right after wouldn't to do it either.

Reinstalling all is only a solution if whichever issue that prevented the script registration in the first place is now solved.

Last edited by cfillion; 02-17-2020 at 10:41 AM.
Old 04-01-2020, 05:27 PM   #680
Delucci

I just reinstalled Windows on my PC, and kept all my Reaper settings, including the scripts, but, Reapack doesn't recognize them, making impossible to update my scripts.

Tried sync and everything, but doesn't work.
Delucci is offline   Reply With Quote