Old 12-11-2019, 02:47 AM   #1
Ggian
Human being with feelings

Default iCon Qcon pro gs2 [not the X]

Hallo everyone,

has any of you succesfully figured out how to control midi envelopes and plugins on the new gs2 (via faders)?

Volume, pan, jogwheel, transport work very well for me but I'm getting stuck on the rest.

Thanks for your help!
Ggian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 04:39 PM   #2
poetnprophet

If you're using the stock MCU profile in Reaper, you don't get fx controls with that. You can use Klinke's and that might work. Or you can use CSI
poetnprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 01:23 AM   #3
Ggian

thank you, did you get either of them to work? Klinke last release seems to date back to 2016
Ggian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 02:18 PM   #4
poetnprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ggian View Post
thank you, did you get either of them to work? Klinke last release seems to date back to 2016
I did, but with Klinke there's no support for extender units, so that won't work for me. With CSI there's almost no limit to what you can do.
Old 01-13-2020, 03:48 AM   #5
matthias.matthias

Default How is your experience with CSI and the QconProG2?

How is your experience with CSI and the QconProG2? What profile are you using? I tried stock, Klinke, CSI and Moss. Moss works best for me at the moment, but each has its strengths and weaknesses.
matthias.matthias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 05:16 PM   #6
poetnprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthias.matthias View Post
How is your experience with CSI and the QconProG2? What profile are you using? I tried stock, Klinke, CSI and Moss. Moss works best for me at the moment, but each has its strengths and weaknesses.
I have the ProX, not the G2...but supposedly they are very similar. Im using CSI every day now for the last year, works very well. In some ways better than the others because you can customize in any way you want, in some ways the others are better because all the work is done for you and you take it as it is.

I personally didn't like Moss, I forget why (I have a thread here somewhere that compares them all) and he wasn't willing to make any changes I requested. Klinke works very well, in fact the new firmware and the new panel overlays reference all the Klinke actions. But, there's no support for extenders and never will be.

So, CSI for the win!
Old 01-16-2020, 09:34 AM   #7
matthias.matthias

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetnprophet View Post
I have the ProX, not the G2...but supposedly they are very similar. Im using CSI every day now for the last year, works very well.
Thanks for the reply. With CSI I can't get the meters or the jog wheel to work. And I don't have the time right now to look into programming. Would share your customization? I'd highly appreciate it.
Old 01-16-2020, 10:41 AM   #8
poetnprophet

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. With CSI I can't get the meters or the jog wheel to work. And I don't have the time right now to look into programming. Would share your customization? I'd highly appreciate it.
I posted on the CSI forum, I'll try to find the post and link it.
Old 02-16-2020, 12:14 PM   #9
matthias.matthias

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetnprophet View Post
I posted on the CSI forum, I'll try to find the post and link it.
Thanks for pointing me to the thread I found it there myself. Unfortunately when I choose the respective (QConPRO) surface and zone folder the controller clears the display and puts all faders at -infinity, then nothing until I switch back to MCU. Any idea?

I thought that the two controllers a) are very similar and b) mimic the MCU anyway.
Old 02-18-2020, 12:45 PM   #10
poetnprophet

Quote:
Thanks for pointing me to the thread I found it there myself. Unfortunately when I choose the respective (QConPRO) surface and zone folder the controller clears the display and puts all faders at -infinity, then nothing until I switch back to MCU. Any idea?

I thought that the two controllers a) are very similar and b) mimic the MCU anyway.
could be...should be. You should post in the CSI forum and get help from the experts there. I'm merely just a fanboy user haha.
Old 05-23-2020, 01:17 AM   #11
siniarch

@Matthias.matthias,
Were you able to get your G2 working with CSI. I had the same issue when selecting the iCon Pro X instead of MCU and then I notice that under the CSI folder there is a Zones folder, and under there there is a folder for every controller they are using.
CSI\Zones\QconProX

and all the other folder (C4, CMC-QC-2, Console1, EuCon, FP16, IconNano, etc..) They all have a file named their respective surfaces with a "Zon" extension. But both the QconProX and the QconProEX do not have this zone file. I'm wondering if this is why the fades all set to infinity and the display gets lost?
siniarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 06:17 AM   #12
matthias.matthias

Quote:
Originally Posted by siniarch View Post
@Matthias.matthias,
Were you able to get your G2 working with CSI.
Yes, I did. Meters, Faders, Transport and the Buttons for Solo, Mute, Sel, Rec and Zoom as well as for Channel and Bank changes are working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siniarch View Post
@Matthias.matthias,
I had the same issue when selecting the iCon Pro X instead of MCU and then I notice that under the CSI folder there is a Zones folder, and under there there is a folder for every controller they are using.
CSI\Zones\QconProX and all the other folder (C4, CMC-QC-2, Console1, EuCon, FP16, IconNano, etc..) They all have a file named their respective surfaces with a "Zon" extension. But both the QconProX and the QconProEX do not have this zone file. I'm wondering if this is why the fades all set to infinity and the display gets lost?
Maybe. I used the MCU zone as a starting point and added a few lines that I found in the CSI thread.

The BehringerXTouch one works pretty well too. I can even adjust send levels. Though I loose the display when I try to switch back to the normal level faders and pan pots view.
Old 07-26-2020, 04:51 AM   #13
farmtrax

Default qcon pro g2 with csi

Hi matthias - I wonder if you would be able to send me your zone and surface files, as I am having trouble getting a number of functions to work with my qcon pro g2.

Thanks
farmtrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 06:31 PM   #14
siniarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmtrax View Post
Hi matthias - I wonder if you would be able to send me your zone and surface files, as I am having trouble getting a number of functions to work with my qcon pro g2.

Thanks
You can check out this post. It has a link to my latest files. I never got around to finishing the FX mapping, but I was waiting for Geoff to do the new version and I have been busy with building a custom Encoder Control unit. but I'll get back to re-doing my MST and ZON files for the Qcon units. I might not do the FX mapping because the unit I'm working on will take care of all the FX parameters for me.

https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...postcount=9444
Old 08-07-2020, 02:15 AM   #15
matthias.matthias

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmtrax View Post

Thanks
I was on vacation, that's why I didn't get to answer earlier.

I'm basically using the files provided by Siniarch, they are pretty good. I only changed a few lines so that the motor button selects Latch Preview Mode on a single or all (with shift) tracks.
Attached Files
File Type: zip LuisG2-LPV.zip (4.8 KB, 152 views)
Old 08-09-2020, 03:01 PM   #16
siniarch

Quote:
I was on vacation, that's why I didn't get to answer earlier.

I'm basically using the files provided by Siniarch, they are pretty good. I only changed a few lines so that the motor button selects Latch Preview Mode on a single or all (with shift) tracks.
Awesome to hear that I got to help someone. These guys keep doing wonderful work and I always feel like I'm not contributing enough.

As for FX mapping, I still have to dive into that, but once I make my custom controller, all the FX parameters will be handled with that, so no need for me to map FXs into my QCon Pro G2 unit.