Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 02-14-2020, 04:00 AM   #1761
b0se
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordi View Post
Grats on the 1080p release, b0se. Looks awesome!
Thanks bud!
Old 02-14-2020, 04:03 AM   #1762
Eugene_10GRI

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Just tested W10 1080p and it looked fine. You're using a Smooth_Windows theme variation right? :¬)

Oh, I'm sorry... I had just Smooth
=D
Put for Windows, everything is super))))
Eugene_10GRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 04:06 AM   #1763
b0se

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene_10GRI View Post
Oh, I'm sorry... I had just Smooth
=D
Put for Windows, everything is super))))
No worries!
Old 02-14-2020, 04:25 AM   #1764
b0se

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Stevie_ View Post
Bottom line is: we should use TTF fonts on Windows instead of OTF!
I downloaded the Fira Sans TTF from the link you provided and it wouldn't install - got an error. Win 10.

So that's not going to happen, as if it failed for me, it could fail for others. Open Sans, while not as pretty, is working fine now.

Frozen Crystal (Regular) TTF does work much better, so that will be added to 2.2, just seeing if I can fix the transport alignment so it works on all systems. PITA having Mac/W10 and 1080p/HiDPI all together, you fix one and it can b0rk the other (with pixel alignments) :¬)
Old 02-14-2020, 04:37 AM   #1765
RCJacH

Quote:
Smooth is even better in HiDPI!

Try the other layout scale options for the mixer, A, 50%, 75%, 150% etc etc - you may find one that works.

Options > Layout > Mixer Panel
This solved my problem, thank you!

Quote:
I downloaded the Fira Sans TTF from the link you provided and it wouldn't install - got an error. Win 10.

So that's not going to happen, as if it failed for me, it could fail for others. Open Sans, while not as pretty, is working fine now.

Frozen Crystal (Regular) TTF does work much better, so that will be added to 2.2, just seeing if I can fix the transport alignment so it works on all systems. PITA having Mac/W10 and 1080p/HiDPI all together, you fix one and it can b0rk the other (with pixel alignments) :¬)
Have you tried deleting the old Fira Sans OTF before installing the new TTF?
RCJacH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 04:50 AM   #1766
b0se

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCJacH View Post
This solved my problem, thank you!

Have you tried deleting the old Fira Sans OTF before installing the new TTF?
Glad it worked!

Yes, tried that, still errors. All the other fonts I tried installed fine, so I'm not going to trust it. People can always change the fonts themselves if they wish.
Old 02-14-2020, 05:43 AM   #1767
nuc

Quote:
Step 3: Install Themes

1) In the main Reaper resources folder, navigate into the ColorThemes folder.

2) Copy the four Smooth theme files into the ColorThemes folder.
I think the installation instructions as well as the packaging of the theme might be improved here.

First of all, a user only needs two of those files, depending on his OS (not all four).
Secondly, I would simply split both versions into different folders: The Windows ones separate from the MacOS ones.
This way it would not be necessairy to have a naming scheme like Smooth_6_Windows.ReaperTheme, but simply Smooth_6.ReaperTheme for any OS.

On a different note, every folder in your packaging contains a .DS_Store file (which I guess is some MacOS specific thing?). I would probably remove those files in future releases for clean packaging
nuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 06:52 AM   #1768
_Stevie_

Quote:
Glad it worked!

Yes, tried that, still errors. All the other fonts I tried installed fine, so I'm not going to trust it. People can always change the fonts themselves if they wish.
Ah pity! Well, the good thing is, people who succeeded installing the TTF version can just use the regular Smooth v6 version.
Old 02-14-2020, 06:56 AM   #1769
_Stevie_

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuc View Post
I think the installation instructions as well as the packaging of the theme might be improved here.

First of all, a user only needs two of those files, depending on his OS (not all four).
Secondly, I would simply split both versions into different folders: The Windows ones separate from the MacOS ones.
This way it would not be necessairy to have a naming scheme like Smooth_6_Windows.ReaperTheme, but simply Smooth_6.ReaperTheme for any OS.

On a different note, every folder in your packaging contains a .DS_Store file (which I guess is some MacOS specific thing?). I would probably remove those files in future releases for clean packaging
Tbh, I think the packaging is fine. Given the fact, that b0se has a very limited amount of time and also scarified a lot of it, I’d rather spend him his time on the theme than on organizing the zip
But that’s up to him...
Old 02-14-2020, 07:22 AM   #1770
DonJohnson

First off thanks for all the hard work.

Not sure if your 1080p theme is supposed to support 1080p widescreen/21:9 ratio? Apologies as I didn't see any mention one way or the other in regards to 21:9 ratio. I'm running Windows 10 1080p at 2560 x 1080/21:9 ratio settings.

But there's some odd behavior for the Windows version with widescreen aspect.

First off nearly everything works. The exception being any version of track layout at 150% when using the Windows theme.

Anyway, the text looks likes it's been stretched to huge proportions, BUT when you go to edit the name, the text appears fine. Once you hit enter, it goes back to being stretched, but if you look closely I think you can still see a portion of the stretched font at the top of the name field. So apparently it just moves the stretched text "up" while you edit the text/name?

Also, when I use the Theme Adjuster and try to change track selection size there, it seems to add some odd portions of coloring near the M/S buttons (though only on 150% setting). It also removes the custom coloring stripe when the track isn't selected (on all settings once you've changed sizes with TA once). This visual bug affects both Windows and default/Mac theme for me. This visual bug won't go away until you open and reclose/open new file with Reaper.

I'm fairly new user of Reaper so, I'm not sure but it seems the problem may be it's not loading the Windows theme adjuster properly? The label still says "smooth theme adjuster" even when using the Windows theme. I've double checked and the Smooth_6_Windows_theme_adjuster.lua is in the Cockos folder with Smooth_6_theme_adjuster.lua

Thanks again for all your work. Love the theme.

Last edited by DonJohnson; 02-14-2020 at 09:17 AM. Reason: clarifying info/correction
DonJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 08:05 AM   #1771
ChrisDN

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonJohnson View Post
I'm fairly new user of Reaper so, I'm not sure but it seems the problem may be it's not loading the Windows theme adjuster properly? The label still says "smooth theme adjuster" even when using the Windows theme. I've double checked and the Smooth_6_Windows_theme_adjuster.lua is in the Cockos folder with Smooth_6_theme_adjuster.lua
Provided you've loaded the windows version of the LUA script and are running that specific Action, you're good.
I imagine it was just overlooked when he duplicated the file to create the Windows version.
You can fix it easily enough by selecting the script in the Actions List, hitting the edit button, and changing the top line.
ChrisDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 09:33 AM   #1772
Herr Nox

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsthem View Post
I only suggest this because I made this mistake:

Are you sure you're editing the right layout (A, B, C) ? I thought it was broken, and then I realize I had my TCP set to "B" Layout, but I was modifying "A" in the Theme Adjuster.
Hey! Sorry for the late response, I was away. Haven't had the chance to take a look at this but that's probably the reason why. I remember I was using Layout B or C.
Old 02-14-2020, 10:18 AM   #1773
alindsay55661

Quote:

Fira Sans TTF can be downloaded via Google Fonts:

https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Fi...,800i,900,900i
alindsay55661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 10:46 AM   #1774
vsthem

Thanks again for this great theme!

If a narrow mix view slider (rather than default knob) were to be added, would this need to be a third party mod once you open the floodgates?

Anyone planning on doing this? I've got it set up now where everything is perfect...except I'd love narrow sliders.
vsthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 02:38 PM   #1775
Thonex

Quote:
TCP tracks are at minimum design height already (I don't liek them any smaller personally), If you wish you can dig into the rtconfig and change line 36:

tcp_heights 8 30 61 61

It may mess with the conditional placement of the track ID though, so beware of that.

Routing: the lights are aligned with the direction of the layout: TCP = vertical, MCP = horizontal.

Nice hack! I may add them officially at some point. Maybe even 2.2 (today), since they're easy to do.
A height of 24 looks great and gives me the track count I need

You mentioned that the conditional Track ID placement may be affected. What exactly is the track ID. So far, no anomalies.

Great work!

Last edited by Thonex; 02-14-2020 at 03:14 PM.
Thonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 03:14 AM   #1776
b0se

Quote:

I saw those when I extracted on the Win10 machine (with hidden files visible). For now, you'll have to live with them, as my workflow is set up to package on OSX.

I like the idea of separating the install files into Windows and Mac (root folders), I'll do that for 2.2. Thanks, hadn't thought of that.

Quote:
Ah pity! Well, the good thing is, people who succeeded installing the TTF version can just use the regular Smooth v6 version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDN View Post
Provided you've loaded the windows version of the LUA script and are running that specific Action, you're good.
I imagine it was just overlooked when he duplicated the file to create the Windows version.
You can fix it easily enough by selecting the script in the Actions List, hitting the edit button, and changing the top line.
Oh yes, I need to rename the LUA files. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alindsay55661 View Post
Fira Sans TTF can be downloaded via Google Fonts:

https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Fi...,800i,900,900i
I'll try those today, thanks.

Quote:
Thanks again for this great theme!

If a narrow mix view slider (rather than default knob) were to be added, would this need to be a third party mod once you open the floodgates?

Anyone planning on doing this? I've got it set up now where everything is perfect...except I'd love narrow sliders.
If anyone is willing to mod the narrow slider to have a fader, I will (gladly!) add it to he official release. I'm not able to do it myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thonex View Post

You mentioned that the conditional Track ID placement may be affected. What exactly is the track ID. So far, no anomalies.

Great work!
Thanks! The track ID is the track number, far left of the TCP. It gets nudges up and down depending on the height of the TCP track. Looks to be fine still, since you made the track smaller, and not larger.

All good! :¬)
Old 02-15-2020, 04:59 AM   #1777
nuc

Quote:
Tbh, I think the packaging is fine. Given the fact, that b0se has a very limited amount of time and also scarified a lot of it, I’d rather spend him his time on the theme than on organizing the zip
But that’s up to him...
I think it's important to share feedback and ideas. It's up to b0se what to implement, but everybody needs objective input from the outside to make the right decisions.
Also how is restructuring the zip eating up any resources? The only resources that are wasted are when people in the forum ask why their Smooth_6.ReaperTheme doesn't work only to find out they need to use Smooth_6_Windows.ReaperTheme.
This takes the real time and energy.

I'm just giving my input lol :P

EDIT:
Quote:
I saw those when I extracted on the Win10 machine (with hidden files visible). For now, you'll have to live with them, as my workflow is set up to package on OSX.

I like the idea of separating the install files into Windows and Mac (root folders), I'll do that for 2.2. Thanks, hadn't thought of that.
Sounds awesome
nuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 05:03 AM   #1778
b0se

The Fira Sans OTF from Google Fonts worked on the Win10 1080p system, about to test Win10 HiDPI.

Strange that the other OTF version had issues. Perhaps this is a newer version.

Quote:
I think it's important to share feedback and ideas. It's up to b0se what to implement, but everybody needs objective input from the outside to make the right decisions.
Also how is restructuring the zip eating up any resources? The only resources that are wasted are when people in the forum ask why their Smooth_6.ReaperTheme doesn't work only to find out they need to use Smooth_6_Windows.ReaperTheme.
This takes the real time and energy.

I'm just giving my input lol :P
Stevie meant the invisible files that OSX produces. I'm not going to start messing about with that, as very few users will ever see those.

I will however, split the theme into OSX/Win releases as to simply installation.

EDIT: Seen your own EDIT
Old 02-15-2020, 05:52 AM   #1779
mlprod

Just letting you know that the transport selection looks...well strange in 150% transport zoom. See attached pic.
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (7.4 KB, 227 views)
Old 02-15-2020, 05:54 AM   #1780
b0se

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlprod View Post
Just letting you know that the transport selection looks...well strange in 150% transport zoom. See attached pic.
Ah, interesting thanks.

Mac or Windows?

1080p or HiDPI?
Old 02-15-2020, 06:13 AM   #1781
mlprod

Quote:
Ah, interesting thanks.

Mac or Windows?

1080p or HiDPI?
Sorry, windows and 1080p!

Also the transport timecode/status is not centered here (in height).
Old 02-15-2020, 06:24 AM   #1782
b0se

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlprod View Post
Sorry, windows and 1080p!

Also the transport timecode/status is not centered here (in height).
Thanks.

Transport alignment will be fixed in the Windows version.
Old 02-15-2020, 06:43 AM   #1783
PhelixK

Hey b0se, about zip files for pc done on a mac, I've found the resource forks have to be omitted, and safest only to use ISO characters in items names. If still relevant and if you haven’t tried, I suggest Keka file archiver and check the ‘Exclude Mac resource forks’ under zip. At least this solved my case with another Win user.

- in regard to font appearance cross platform it's really confusing. I don't know what to say other than millions of users have the Google fonts installed. I wonder if there could be additional information in RT. I've also seen examples from the Reaper dev team that don't have correct Calibri font installed for v6. It would be really helpful to have a clear guide on how fonts should be specified to align with the program code in all (three) formats.
Old 02-15-2020, 07:20 AM   #1784
b0se

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhelixK View Post
Hey b0se, about zip files for pc done on a mac, I've found the resource forks have to be omitted, and safest only to use ISO characters in items names. If still relevant and if you haven’t tried, I suggest Keka file archiver and check the ‘Exclude Mac resource forks’ under zip. At least this solved my case with another Win user.

- in regard to font appearance cross platform it's really confusing. I don't know what to say other than millions of users have the Google fonts installed. I wonder if there could be additional information in RT. I've also seen examples from the Reaper dev team that don't have correct Calibri font installed for v6. It would be really helpful to have a clear guide on how fonts should be specified to align with the program code in all (three) formats.
The fonts are a bit of a pain, a lot of effort for something so simple :¬)

Thanks for the heads up with Keka, I'll use that for 2.2.

Hope all is well!
Old 02-15-2020, 07:23 AM   #1785
smasha

Reinstalled the Smooth 6 Windows theme with all the fonts and stuff.

I have one track that has a large metre on the left and the others are normal,metres on the right and small.

I can't seem to change that one track,I thought it did that because it was selected but the others don't change when I select them.

https://ibb.co/D1tsB3Q

P.S. I fixed.

I used it by adjusting the theme adjuster that has mysteriously docked itself in between the tracks and mixer sections.

How do I undock the theme adjuster?

Last edited by smasha; 02-15-2020 at 07:37 AM.
smasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 09:25 AM   #1786
b0se

Quote:
Originally Posted by smasha View Post
How do I undock the theme adjuster?
No idea! Glad you fixed the meter thing.
Old 02-15-2020, 09:28 AM   #1787
b0se

Smooth 6 V2.3 is ready...

- Windows: Fira Sans fonts
- Windows: Transport text aligned vertically
- Windows: Text bug fixed
- Windows: Zip cleaned up

The ZIP now contains Windows and Mac versions, so which ever you install you'll only see Smooth V6 and Smooth V6 Dark options in the Themes.

Before I release, I'd like to beta test Windows 1080p and Windows HiDPI.

Any able to help?
Old 02-15-2020, 09:47 AM   #1788
Funkybot

I can test either/both real quick. Got my desktop at 1080p and laptop at 4k. Windows both.
Funkybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 09:48 AM   #1789
tonybeepbeep

Quote:
Smooth 6 V2.3 is ready...

- Windows: Fira Sans fonts
- Windows: Transport text aligned vertically
- Windows: Text bug fixed
- Windows: Zip cleaned up

The ZIP now contains Windows and Mac versions, so which ever you install you'll only see Smooth V6 and Smooth V6 Dark options in the Themes.

Before I release, I'd like to beta test Windows 1080p and Windows HiDPI.

Any able to help?
I'm game. W10 1080p here
tonybeepbeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 09:53 AM   #1790
b0se

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
I can test either/both real quick. Got my desktop at 1080p and laptop at 4k. Windows both.
Emailed! Thanks :¬)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybeepbeep View Post
I'm game. W10 1080p here
Can you send me your email over PM? Thanks Tony!
Old 02-15-2020, 10:23 AM   #1791
tonybeepbeep

Just unpacked everything and I'm getting some W95 vibes at the mo.

It's like the images didn't load for Smooth_6

I notice that you've names it Smooth_6.reaperThemeZip

Would that have any effect?
Old 02-15-2020, 10:29 AM   #1792
b0se

Quote:
Just unpacked everything and I'm getting some W95 vibes at the mo.

It's like the images didn't load for Smooth_6

I notice that you've names it Smooth_6.reaperThemeZip

Would that have any effect?
If you rename that to .zip and extract, is it in one folder, or are the theme file/folder two folders deep?

Can't check as just left the studio!
Old 02-15-2020, 10:43 AM   #1793
tonybeepbeep

Quote:
If you rename that to .zip and extract, is it in one folder, or are the theme file/folder two folders deep?

Can't check as just left the studio!
Ends up two folders deep with the theme file and then a folder with the data/images
Old 02-15-2020, 10:48 AM   #1794
b0se

Quote:
Ends up two folders deep with the theme file and then a folder with the data/images
Yeah I compressed them incorrectly, drag the main folder (with all the images in it) and the dark reaperTheme file into the ColorThemes folder and it'll all work
Old 02-15-2020, 10:55 AM   #1795
ernzo

All 4 included theme files work perfectly OK on W7..

And since with the new fonts the Transport looks right,
I actually I prefeer the mac version with its bolder type..

https://i.imgur.com/k8DMwY8.jpg

Btw kudos on the Meters too!
ernzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 11:06 AM   #1796
vsthem

Spent a long time updating my track templates to have tcp b alt. If I update the theme, will the saved track templates retain their layouts?
vsthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 03:45 PM   #1797
b0se

Quote:
Spent a long time updating my track templates to have tcp b alt. If I update the theme, will the saved track templates retain their layouts?
Yup! You're safe to upgrade.
Old 02-15-2020, 09:37 PM   #1798
ferropop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thonex View Post

Great work!

If it functioned properly and gave access to all the important stuff, these small tracks are perfect imo. I realllly preferred the track sizes in Reaper 5 Default, and even then wish there were an even more shrunken version ala Logic, for high track counts and fast mixing.
ferropop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 02:10 AM   #1799
ernzo

For very high track counts, or very Small track sizes,
nothing beats the good old Ameliance:

https://i.imgur.com/EHmoCFb.jpg

https://stash.reaper.fm/theme/2123/A...perThemeZip%29

Last edited by ernzo; 02-16-2020 at 07:54 AM.
ernzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 03:39 AM   #1800
b0se

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferropop View Post
If it functioned properly and gave access to all the important stuff, these small tracks are perfect imo. I realllly preferred the track sizes in Reaper 5 Default, and even then wish there were an even more shrunken version ala Logic, for high track counts and fast mixing.
The collapsed (small) TCP sizes are staying as they are.

Feel free to open the rtconfig and change it (as above), it's very easy to do.