Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-10-2020, 02:30 AM   #1
PitchSlap
Human being with feelings

Default Incorrect playrate calculation with imported media (embedded tempo?) (FIXED)

So I've noticed a bug importing media items.

It might have to do with the recently introduced options to time-stretch based on embedded tempo info, but I tried turning off the options I thought were relevant.

As the LICEcap shows the Media Explorer is playing the item at a sensible playrate that works with the project tempo and is almost the items regular playrate, but when it's inserted into the project the playrate is halved (it's the same when dragged from the waveform preview as well).

The expected behaviour is that the playrate would both match the Media Explorer and use a matching value that keeps the item the least altered.

My guess is Reaper is assuming an incorrect number of bars as there was a similar issue when calculating project tempo from time selection.
Changing "measure beats" in the items playrate:set setting fixes the issue, but the Reaper should assume the correct number like the Media Explorer does.

I've also had another issue where imported tempo-matched selections will be slightly less than the expected 2 or 4 bars. I haven't had a chance to use Reaper much since late 5.x so don't know when these issues were introduced.

Last edited by PitchSlap; 01-10-2020 at 02:38 AM.
PitchSlap is offline   Reply With Quote