Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > Recording Technologies and Techniques

Old 06-26-2022, 01:24 AM   #1
Ricgus3
Human being with feelings

Default EWI 5000 and sample libraries. Make note overlap please

Hello! I am setting up my EWi 5000 to play with the brass sample library Infinite Brass (IB). In IB I need notes to overlap to make it trigger legato samples. BUt the EWI when played as a midi controller seem to behave like a monophonic instrument, meaning notes never overlap. I have tried using the "hold" button to trigger a legato note where it holds the first not I play until i breath again. This works fine when using it as a synth but not as a midi controller. I don't get a long sustained note in reaper.

Is there a script or something that makes incomming midi longer? Like if it is possible to extend the note messages that are being sent to reaper?
Ricgus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 02:27 AM   #2
Softsynth

Perhaps you should get in touch with the developer and tell him you're using an EWI.

Is that brass library primarily designed to be used with a MIDI keyboard rather than EWI?
I will check it out later when I'm not on the smartphone. Maybe something can be done in the Kontakt script? It's not a Reaper problem anyway.
https://www.native-instruments.com/f...phonic.362099/

A lot of the expression is performed by the musicians themselves with EWI. In contrast to that keyboard brass libraries tend to be designed around fixed articulations. Often they haven't even considered a breath controller. IOW the timing and intonation is fixed/baked, and they rely on far larger collections of samples.

Last edited by Softsynth; 06-26-2022 at 02:32 AM.
Softsynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 04:17 AM   #3
Ricgus3

Thanks for posting! I have contacted the developer! I actually found a small plugin in reaper made for " Midi lenght control". Tweaked around with it and got a pretty good result playng my ewi Will update with examples later. Here is the fix within reaper:
Attached Images
File Type: png IB legato EWI fix.PNG (51.8 KB, 69 views)
Ricgus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 04:56 PM   #4
nesbittsrn

Default MIDI note length control

Where did you find the length control plugin? I don't have it in my Reaper plugins, and I can't find it on the web anywhere?
That would be a great tool for me, as I'm also an EWI player.
nesbittsrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 01:44 PM   #5
Softsynth

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesbittsrn View Post
Where did you find the length control plugin? I don't have it in my Reaper plugins, and I can't find it on the web anywhere?
That would be a great tool for me, as I'm also an EWI player.
https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...0&postcount=13
Softsynth is offline   Reply With Quote