Old 03-04-2020, 03:28 PM   #1
pierrezo
Human being with feelings

Default Behringer Xenyx Q502 USB/Reaper Setup

Hi Guys,
I'm trying to set up my Behringer Xenyx Q502USB mixer with my HP PC (Windows 10) and Reaper.
The problem is Reaper is using the laptop's built-in mic as an input and not the inputs on the Q502. I can monitor the laptop's mic from the router with headphones and I can get levels and record from the laptop mic on Reaper.
Here's how I set-up everything:
1. I've installed ASIO4ALL and used Reaper's "Audio Device Settings" to select the correct Asio driver. I set the "sample rate" (48000 from router manual) and "block size" (512 from "Asio configuration..." window) - I believe correctly.
2. I've also set up a Reaper project with a "headphone" track and a "guitar" track to test proper configuration and connections. I believe I've routed it correctly.
3. When I look at the laptop's "sound" configuration in the "control panel," I see "3-USB Audio CODEC" selected for both "playback" and recording, which, I assume, is the driver for the router. But in this window only the un-selected "microphone array" shows levels (snapping in front of laptop mic vs. strumming guitar through router).
I'm at my whit's end. I tried a bunch of strategies to to try to make it work, but can't figure it out. I'd appreciate your guidance.
Thank you in advance.
Pierrezo
pierrezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 03:34 PM   #2
domzy

have you selected the correct input in the WDM list of the asio4all control panel (you may need to click the spanner to see all the options)?
domzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 10:49 PM   #3
pierrezo

Quote:
Originally Posted by domzy View Post
have you selected the correct input in the WDM list of the asio4all control panel (you may need to click the spanner to see all the options)?
Thanks for your reply. What’s the WDM list of the asio4all control panel?

Last edited by pierrezo; 03-04-2020 at 10:55 PM.
Old 03-04-2020, 11:13 PM   #4
pierrezo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrezo View Post
Thanks for your reply. What’s the WDM list of the asio4all control panel?
I figured it out. I clicked on the Asio Configuration button, found the WMD, and selected the correct input device. Thanks so much.