Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 01-30-2012, 02:56 PM   #1
Harald
Human being with feelings

Default Waves Plugins not happy in Reaper 64? :(

I was just going to purchase the Waves Gold bundle (more than 20 Waves plugins at a very happy price) but then I hear something about Waves plugins not working right in Reaper 64. Can anyone here verify this, or - hopefully - tell me it's all a load of crap and that I won't be having any problems?

I'm on Windows 7 64, btw.

Thanks for any help - I'd really like to get that bundle, but I don't want to have to switch to Cubase to get the plugs to work properly.
Harald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 04:19 AM   #2
timeless

Default timeless

Along with a new computer, I'm looking into buying the Universal Audio UAD-2 Solo DSP accelerator card/plugin bundle. As usual, the item description on all the retail sites only mentions the pricey DAWs as far as compatibility goes. I know it says it supports VSTs, but I cannot find anything on the cockos forum or here about whether it works with REAPER or not. Does anyone here have a similar Universal Audio product or know if this is compatible with REAPER?
timeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:38 PM   #3
Jcschild

use reaper 32 and Vienna Ensemble Pro to acess past 4gig ram..
Jcschild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:27 PM   #4
billybk1

Quote:
Originally Posted by timeless View Post
Along with a new computer, I'm looking into buying the Universal Audio UAD-2 Solo DSP accelerator card/plugin bundle. As usual, the item description on all the retail sites only mentions the pricey DAWs as far as compatibility goes. I know it says it supports VSTs, but I cannot find anything on the cockos forum or here about whether it works with REAPER or not. Does anyone here have a similar Universal Audio product or know if this is compatible with REAPER?
UAD-2 cards work very well with REAPER 4. I have been using UAD-2 cards with REAPER for about 3.5 years now. Logged thousands of hours mixing with them using REAPER over the years. There are also many other REAPER/UAD-2 users, as well. I would not have any reservations recommending a UAD-2 card to a REAPER user. Coincidentally, during the recent Winter NAMM show, UA was previewing "Apollo", their soon to be released high resolution audio interface with realtime UAD-2 processing and I saw listed amongst the other compatible DAW host logo's, non other than a REAPER logo!

If you plan on getting a UAD-2 SOLO, do yourself a favor and spend the extra bucks and get a SOLO Flexi. If you shop around you can pickup a SOLO Flexi for around $595. You get back a $500 non-expiring plug-in voucher to spend on any plug-ins that you want. So it is like getting the card for $95 along with some nice plug-ins that already come with the card (LA2A, 1176LN, Pultec, etc...)

Cheers,

Billy Buck
billybk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 02:09 AM   #5
Harald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcschild View Post
use reaper 32 and Vienna Ensemble Pro to acess past 4gig ram..
That's a useful tip. Thanks, I'll check out Vienna Ensemble Pro (not familiar with it).
Harald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:09 PM   #6
icemac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harald View Post
I was just going to purchase the Waves Gold bundle (more than 20 Waves plugins at a very happy price) but then I hear something about Waves plugins not working right in Reaper 64. Can anyone here verify this, or - hopefully - tell me it's all a load of crap and that I won't be having any problems?

I'm on Windows 7 64, btw.

Thanks for any help - I'd really like to get that bundle, but I don't want to have to switch to Cubase to get the plugs to work properly.
you can demo waves, so find out
i run waves v9 (32bit) on win7 64, reaper64
icemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:37 PM   #7
Mercado_Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemac View Post
you can demo waves, so find out
i run waves v9 (32bit) on win7 64, reaper64
Waves v9?

To OP:

I run the CLA compressors, C-6, Kramer Tape and H-EQ everyday and I've never had a single problem with them in REAPER 64bit.