Old 09-08-2011, 04:00 PM   #1
scottyg2219
Human being with feelings

Default Ez Drummer (Toontrack)

Have Windows 7 32bit. When I go to use EZ Drummer it opens but will not load . I have reinstalled it several times but no luck all other VST's and functions work fine please help
scottyg2219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 04:11 PM   #2
ivansc

this already has a lot of thread coverage, so a search would help, but are you trying to run EZD within Reaper or as stand alone with toon track solo?

One very good possibility if you are trying to run the vst is that you are not finding EZD in your VST folder - it is called something like dfhdrums.dll, not EZDrummer.dll
ivansc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 07:33 PM   #3
eddiechavez

Default EZ Drummer not showing in Reaper

I just got EZ Drummer installed on a new laptop and then I downloaded Reaper. When I follow the correct steps to add new track with virtual instrument, EZ Drummer isn't listed. I know it is named something else insted of EZ Drummer, everything listed is Reaper defaults. Any ideas?
eddiechavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 07:55 PM   #4
XonXoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiechavez View Post
I just got EZ Drummer installed on a new laptop and then I downloaded Reaper. When I follow the correct steps to add new track with virtual instrument, EZ Drummer isn't listed. I know it is named something else insted of EZ Drummer, everything listed is Reaper defaults. Any ideas?
It's called "Dfh Sampler (Toontrack)".

Make sure that your Vst Preferences have the path to where you installed EZD.
XonXoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:27 AM   #5
Mike-Mat

Quote:
Originally Posted by XonXoff View Post
It's called "Dfh Sampler (Toontrack)".
And that drives me crazy. It makes it really hard to find in the list. EZDrummer, should be called EZDrummer. Dont you think?

Mike
Mike-Mat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 05:45 AM   #6
eddiechavez

Default EZ Drummer

I finally got it figured out. Thanx guys
Old 12-15-2011, 05:53 AM   #7
eddiechavez

Default Guitar Rig 3

I have the GUitar Rig 3. Alone it works awesome. I open up reaper, insert a new track, click on FX, choose Guitar Rig, and it loads but doesn't work. You can hear my guitar signal comming into the computer but it's like it;s not going through Guitar Rig. Same thing with Amplitube 3, they both load but the guitar signal isn't being processed. If you open the tuner and play, you can hear the dry guitar signal but it's not going through the plug ins. I know I am missing something. I ordered a book on Reaper but it hasn't come in yet so I thought I would post my issue here.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:21 AM   #8
bluzkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike-Mat View Post
And that drives me crazy. It makes it really hard to find in the list. EZDrummer, should be called EZDrummer. Dont you think?

Mike
That's what Toontrack named it (Reaper gets the name from the vst).

For those of you that aren't getting any sound... be sure your track is 'record armed' and that monitoring is turned on (the little speaker icon).

Old 02-03-2012, 06:25 PM   #9
zydeceltico

I just got Reaper 4 and EZDrummer (64 bit). In Reaper's preference's window I've gone to Plugins/VST and in the Add search box I've browsed to this path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cakewalk\Vstplugins;C:\Program Files\VstPlugins\Toontrack\64bit and the EZD vst still doesn't show up in any of the plugin/fx windows nor does it appear in the "Insert Virtual Instrument On new Track" menu.

Can anyone help me get EZD into Reaper? Tech support is closed for the weekend at Sweetwater.

Thanks.

Tim

Windows 7, 8 GB RAM
zydeceltico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:23 PM   #10
zydeceltico

I have thoroughly read the posts and know about dfhdrums.dll. Problem is that dfhdrums.dll doesn't how up anywhere either. Is there a 32/64 bit issue possibly?
zydeceltico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:30 PM   #11
brainwreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by zydeceltico View Post
I have thoroughly read the posts and know about dfhdrums.dll. Problem is that dfhdrums.dll doesn't how up anywhere either. Is there a 32/64 bit issue possibly?
Are you searching in the fx window for dfhdrums.dll? That will not show up.
brainwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:47 PM   #12
Fex

Quote:
Originally Posted by zydeceltico View Post
In Reaper's preference's window I've gone to Plugins/VST and in the Add search box I've browsed to this path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cakewalk\Vstplugins;C:\Program Files\VstPlugins\Toontrack\64bit and the EZD vst still doesn't show up in any of the plugin/fx windows nor does it appear in the "Insert Virtual Instrument On new Track" menu.
Questions:
# Is dfhdrums.dll actually in C:\Program Files\VstPlugins\Toontrack\64bit?
# When you installed EZD, did you tell it to install to C:\Program Files\VstPlugins\Toontrack\64bit?
# Why is your 32bit Vstplugins folder in your Cakewalk folder? No, never mind, if your EZD is 64 bit, then I don't care...

What you're looking for in the plugins window is dfh sampler (Toontrack). Make sure that you've selected the "All plugins" view, at the top of the window, and not some subfolder. Also, make sure that your list filter doesn't contain some irrelevant string - in fact, filter for Toontrack.
Fex is offline   Reply With Quote