Old 09-13-2017, 11:58 AM   #1
ClassicMan
Human being with feelings

Default Request To Be Able To Render To An Existing Track

Hello,

I'd like to submit a feature request for an option in 'Render' to render to an existing blank track which is not an option in the present render facility.

My reason for this is that having setup a score or template which includes a blank track with fx added, we can't render to this track and have to either render to a new track then move the audio file into the exisiting track with the fx, or render to an external file then import this into the exisiting track.

Being new to Reaper and coming from other DAWS, I don't know how responsive the Reaper developer/s are to feature requests but I'll try anyway.

Thanks
ClassicMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 12:16 PM   #2
karbomusic

Since you can have your existing track already there at the bottom of the tracks, then just hit the numeric up arrow when the rendered track gets added below it to move the render to that track (probably even more efficient/less steps available using a script tied to a key), I'm suspecting this may be a tough sell - but you never know, it might get added.
Old 09-14-2017, 02:39 AM   #3
ClassicMan

Hello karbomusic,

Thank you for that really useful tip about using the numeric up arrow. That's a great work around.

It would be great if they did add the option to render to an existing track so here's hoping.
ClassicMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 04:19 AM   #4
ivan.lt

I'd use this too. Normally I'd just route the (new) rendered track to the (existing) fx track -- routing works great in Reaper. Probably also make a subfolder.
ivan.lt is offline   Reply With Quote